Do I involve my ex in the pregnancy and birth of our baby?

me and my ex broke up and i am just asking if i should involve him in the appointments and delivery of our baby or not and does he have a right to them things or do i get to decide how much he knows and what he can be at

thank you for reading and any reply's will be helpful

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have a fine relationship together, and he says he wants to be a part of it, then it would be nice to at least notify him of what is happening. It is his child as well.
    Let him be there if he wants to.

• but i do not know it i can handle him being there this soon after we broke up and he says that he has a right to be at them things is he right

• I wish you the best of luck no matter what you choose :)

• thanks

What Guys Said 3

• It's his baby too, I'm sure he'd appreciate being a part of it.

• but i do not think i can handle seeing him this soon and would rather just not see him until the baby is here

• but it will affect the baby as it will be very stressful for me

• Believe me that's not the kind of stress that affects the growth of a baby... someone dying, near death experiences, losing your house or job... that's real stress, you're seeing an ex boyfriend

• did you break up badly? or are you still friends? its his child too you know.

• we had an huge argument and that is why we broke up

• but the argument was something we both started and i know we wants to be there but i just cannot handle it

• i understand.

• It would be a good idea to let him know. He'll probably find out anyways so it would be better if you told him. I'd be pissed if I had a kid with my ex and didn't know about it.

• oh he knows i am pregnant but i do not know if i should involve him in the whole pregnancy thing because he is an ex

What Girls Said 2

• Considering how he's the dad then yes it's common courtesy to tell him about things.

• but it would stress me out

• Considering how he's the baby daddy i think it will always be stressful at the start but you might end up thankful that there is another person helping to take care. It's his child too.

• oh i want him involved but after the baby is here

• Well you need to invite him as he has parental rights aswell

• not until the baby is born even if we were married he has no rights until he is on the birth certificate as far as i know and i can even refuse him going on there to

• Well it's cutesy then as it's his child. But looking at your comments hun you've clearly made your mind up your not having him around for it then there's no point asking opinions hun

• i just want to know what other women would do in my situation is all