Why did these girls make me feel bad about other guys' nastiness?

I feel like I've had a lot of instances where guys have said things to me and it's been unprovoked. I know that you can get assholes anywhere. But the things that hurt me in the instances are the girls who've made it feel like it was my fault and that I deserved it. I remember one incident when I was being bullied by a guy at uni hegfound out I'd never had a boyfriend so he tried to come into my room when I was sleeping. When I was really upset about it the next day another girl said "aww well it wasn't really his fault he was really drunk", Then at uni (I think looking back I was being bullied by this group of people) I had a guy make fun of my lisp and laugh in my face afterwards. A girl then said "aww well he's one of those people you have to get on with him when you first meet him" while I was crying my eyes out about it. Then I had another incident when one of my housemates said something about my legs. I didn't want to talk to him after but I did so as not to make it awkward for anyone else. And then my other roommate was like weel he's really harsh and his girlfriend loves him regardless. I would understand if I did something wrong to provoke these guys but I actually didn't. Okay maybe I got bullied at the beginning of uni because I locked myself in my room all the time. I can't let these instances go I feel like maybe I deserved them and it shatters my self esteem.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• To be honest, you shouldn't really take what negative people are all saying to heart.

"Confidence is silent. Insecurities are loud."
    "Rudeness is a weak person's imitation of strength."

What they say, speaks loudly on the type of person they are. Surround yourself with positive people who will make you feel good about yourself. Also try to stay positive and work on your confidence.

If you ever need a friend just to talk, feel free to message me :) Good luck!

• Aww that's really sad :(

Try not to take it personally hun, (easier said than done) but if it's unprovoked, then they're definitely the one with the problem.

See I've never had a problem with guys being nasty, but girls on the other hand...