Am I the only one that thinks babies are ugly?

It struck me once again today just how cute animals babies are while human babies are stomach-turning ugly.

What is the evolutionary reason for human babies being so nauseatingly ugly? It's really remarkable how ugly they are. They look like angry old bald men and often have that disgusting crusty facial skin, while animal babies have that gorgeous, pristine downy fur or fluff.* It frightens me how ugly human babies are.

• Babies are ugly
  • Babies are cute
  • I don't like you fearlessbanana

Most Helpful Girl

• TBH I do not get all the hype over babies. People love them, and think they are cute. And I agree, babies can be cute sometimes. But I just don't find them as cute as other people do. Does that make me a bad person? I feel a tremendous amount of guilt for feeling that way. I'm not sure why. But I find my cats to be much cuter than babies, or other baby animals for that matter I find cuter than human babies.

I think it's just one of those things. Everyone has a preference.

I hope that when I have kids, I find babies cute. I find little kids cute, but it's when they do cute things. I'm just not a baby fanatic. I think part of that comes from me having no experience with babies. So I am a nervous wreck when people expect me to hold or do things with babies like coo over them. I just can't. I'm hoping it comes to be someday, but so far I just don't have it.

As a woman, it kind of feels odd. Like I feel like I should be an automatic expert on the whole baby thing. But I'm not.

I'm happy for people who have babies. Most of my friends are parents and they always gush about their babies. But TBH I'm not going to gush over someone's baby taking a poop. Like it's a normal thing...

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 29

• I think it depends on the age of the baby, but newborn babies can kind of look like aliens sometimes.
    Once they get a little older, most of them become kind of cute, though. But all babies scare me because of how fragile they appear to be. I'm deathly afraid of accidentally hurting them.

• Babies are ugly and they all look the same for like a whole month for some reason. Toddlers are cuter but they're annoying af.

• I much prefer animal babies to human ones.

• Babies are ugly and gross

• My boyfriend agrees with you and I do too with some.

• Are you fucking nuts? They're cute asf.

images.parenting.mdpcdn.com/.../baby-santa-hat.jpg

Look at this omfg I want one

• :o :o babies are cute... that's why i keep getting baby fever each time i see one :(
    media.giphy.com/.../giphy-facebook_s.jpg

• I wish I could've picked option a and option c ; option d babies are icky and I don't like you xD jk #mirin

• I don't like kids at all so they all look like little demons to me, not pretty/cute at all

• I don't think you're the only one.
    Babies, like any other person, can be ugly, but there are also cute babies... That's just a fact.

• Granted, some babies look kinda ugly... but most of them are cute! Newborn babies don't look that nice. But toddlers... they are cute. Well most of the times
    If this is not cute for you, I don't know what is...
    encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images

encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images

• Babies are ugly as hell.

• You're not only one cos I do too. Well, not every single baby is ugly cos there are some cute ones too.
    And then, when some people say how cute a baby is and all, it makes look at them and then back at the baby and think, "Uh... We're looking at the same thing, right? Cos I don't see the cute in what you're looking at!" /confused

• A baby is the cutest thing
    I hate you fearlessbanana

• I too prefer baby animals over human babies, I don't get why everyone is obsessed with babies. They're annoying and eat you alive! I agree with you on this! 👌🏻

• A friend of mine thinks they look like cabbage patch kids, and I kinda agree with her tbh

• All my siblings had a head full of jet black hair and if your kid has crusty skin your neglecting lotion on its skin. Most babies are cute tho.

• Newborns are pretty ugly, but hey if you had your legs spread open, sweaty as hell, back and ass covered on shit (literally), in horrible lain for hours it'd probably look good to you. Who knows, after a few months they start to get chubby and cute

• Babies are ugly becuase they've just been trapped in a tight sack of fluid for 9 months
    How about you try that and see how you do?

• http://i64.tinypic.com/2wqza7m.jpg

I don't blame you!

But some human babies are cute too, I guess.

• I think babies are absolutely precious little creatures. Baby animals are beyond cute but human babies just adorable.

• Right now it's really cool to hate kids and find babies gross tough, so that'll reflect in a lot of opinion on the topic.

• Some are really cute, some are super ugly. Toddlers are the cute ones honestly.

• Just give them some time, and most will start to look adorable as they grow older. When you spend nine months surrounded by an amniotic sac, fluid wrinkles your skin, giving you the appearance of an old man.

• Thats why I don't want a baby they're weird looking and poop a lot.

• Some are very cute. Even I think so

• If you meet my kids they will change your mind forever 😇😇😇

• I'm neutral on babies. Some are cute, some aren't. I don't want kids, and I don't really like other people's kids.

• newborns?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 11

• To me they're like these fat little things with huge heads and beer bellies that cough and cry a lot.

I think they range from "ugly" to "ugly cute". Generally they get a lot cuter after a few years.

>> What is the evolutionary reason for human babies being so nauseatingly ugly?

Maybe it helps prevent babies from being stolen. It's like you really got to be this thing's parents to find it cute.

• I agree, babies generally aren't as cute as everyone makes them seem.

I feel like one of the biggest why reason animals are cuter is because they have fur. Take any conventionally cute animal and shave off its fur and it probably won't look very cute. The other factor is proportions. Animals tend to have wider skulls and bigger eyes relative to their heads which makes them appear cuter.

• Get a dog, not a baby. Babies are hurtful on the environment, your wallet, your social life, and any future you wish to have. Abort that parasite.

• i think all babies are ugly yes... that being said for some reason people do find really ugly things to be so ugly they are cute sooo who knows..

• When they've got all those rings of fat and they're lying there with their faces all screwed up I think they look like witchetty grubs.

• Why the fuck are you imagining about babies u fgit

• Hot girl I knew in HS had a baby and keeps posting pics of that ugly thing on FB lol

• Thought you said you loved every part of me fgit, I was a baby once smh. Guys are such liars

• Are you going by newborn babies?

Are you aware that humans are born VERY prematurely, because of the size of their heads? After a couple of months babies are cute. Well some of them are damn ugly.

• yup... ugly. after 2-3 years they start looking good :P

• They're pretty fucking ugly, yeah.

• They all look the same dude 😂 😂 😂

• Babies are ugly.