How much do you usually tip at restaurants?

Most Helpful Girl

• 15-20% for average service and more if it's exceptional

What Guys Said 12

• Depends on the tab and service. If it's under $10 and the server did their job, then the very least I'd tip $2.00. More than likely I'll tip $5.00

If tab is $20 and service is good then $5 - $7. If my server gives the bare minimum, then I'm tipping the bare minimum 15%. If the service is bad to non existent, theeennn the tip gets much lower. Lowest I've ever tipped was 30 cents, which was the change I got back from paying. My host sat me to the table. My server came out to take my order. The cook brought me my drink and my food. I didn't see my server for the rest of my meal. I couldn't ask for anything, because she didn't show her face till it was time for me to pay.
    I was not about to tip well for her putting in my order. I could have told the cook what I wanted in passing.

• (1.) If it's a restaurant like Moe's were the workers aren't helping bring out your food or anything but just making it down a line, whatever rounds my bill up to the next whole dollar amount.
    (2.) Usually 20% for most restaurants.
    (3.) 25% if the waitress is hot.

• Damn I didn't know people didn't like the fact that I tip 20-25% smh.

• 15 to 20 %

• Usually 15%

• depending how good the service is, the food and drink etc.

it's not really a thing in the uk

• a couple of dollars

• No more than 20%. I have a beta friend who tipped 100% once to a cute girl. And I over heard her talking chit about how much of a creeper he is

• Oh to add on, I tip 50% to my local bartenders. Because they always make the drinks stronger, cheaper and will always serve me first.

For restaurant's and bars I usually don't go to 20%

• Luckily tipping isn't a thing here.

• 15% of the tab.

• timing is everything.

• well today i went to the diner and spent $40, i left a $4 tip

• Depends if i know the waiter and if i'm trying to look good in front of someone.
    I will go anon to say if for some reason I went to a restaurant on my own on holiday and didn't know anyone I probably wouldn't tip unless the waitress gave me her number or something.
    I want to look good and keep good relation ships with people i know but i'm not going to just give my money away far as i'm concerned there already getting paid and i'm far from a millionaire and can't afford to just give out money.

What Girls Said 13

• Tipping isn't really a thing here at all. If the bill isn't a round figure, e. g it's £27.80 then I would just pay the £28 and leave the odd pennies but really, no one tips here because I guess we just don't need to? People get a standard wage so tips are purely a bonus, they're not something to be relied on for a livelihood and the server won't go hungry without one.

• Never less than $3, even on a small check, UNLESS the server was awful (I'm a server, so I know not to blame them on kitchen error and such). I almost always tip at least 20%.

• 15% typically.

• 20%. more if it's great service 15% if it's bad.

• There's an app for that! 10-15% usually.

• I don't.

• I usually just leave like $10 for a bill anywhere under $30. I've always worked for tips so I like to tip a decent amount because I know how it feels lol

• more than 19% percent. I always get sweet waitresses/waitors so I always give them $10 more.

• 20%-25%

• 15-25 percent depending on the service

• 2 or 3 euros

• Depending on how much money I made that week, lowest was 15% for poor service. Highest was 40%.

• Usually like $6