Do you like artsy people?

Do you like girls who are into painting, film, drawing, etc? Or are you more into singing, acting type of artsy? I guess I'm just curious as a visual artist, people are more into the singing, guitar playing type it seems.

• Yes, the kind who paint, draw, film, etc
  • Yes, the type of sing, act, play instruments
  • No (why?)
Of course, you can say both. But I would like to know why and which one catches your eye quicker. I find a lot of people love a girl who can sing or play an instrument but I think that's one of those things that's easier to show off, in my personal experience. Like some people are like "Oh yeah, art (visual arts) girls are freaky" and some are like "yeah, girls who can play guitars are so hot". I just hear more kudos to music I guess? I love music, but can't make it. So I'm biased.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I would say musicians more that painters only because I am one, but to tell you the truth they compliment each other I think. Or draw from each other, or they each draw creativity from the same sources.

I haven't known many artsy people, in terms of the drawing painting and such but they are usually cool. Sometimes I wish I knew more people who were creative, it would give the world a whole new outlook if everyone had a creative outlet. But some people aren't 'wired' to sit and be creative, or may e just do t have he patience or the understanding of 'letting it in, letting it come to you, taking it from the universe'.

A lot of people are very superficial, and I believe that is why many non creative people are very social. They may be good in school and sports and watch sports and know everything going on in their sports worlds, but you take that away and they have nothing to do but maybe drink or have a need to get together with somebody, even to drag somebody along to run errands

Most Helpful Girl

• I like both, but I am more type B (specifically acting; I may want to go to film school)---so another girl who's type B---I could bond with--- but rlly, it's a close call. I am impressed by any artistic talent! I can't draw or paint, but it's not my eyes at fault here. I have vision, (if I do say so myself!!!); my hands are just clumsy, and fail me. I think I'd be good at writing plays (I do! & short stories, and poetry, tho I've had writer's block for a while ><), and staging them, and making films. I read a lot of film theory, specifically feminist film theory, too actually.

Girls who can play guitars ARE hot! Like what ELSE can you do with those fingers, hmm? :3 I'm so gay for it lol

I could never have the skill or dexterity to play an instrument, tho I've had a poke at it when I was at school. I've dated girls who were more artsy in the usual sense (ppl usually mean painting & drawing), but she was also the type to write, and we used to swap short stories & write poetry for each other >< sigh...

We had one story, in which I would write a chapter, and then she would write a chapter, it was this little game we played. She used to purposely fuck up the plot! I would lead it in one direction, and to be mischevous, she'd lead it in another lol

I liked that, though, it challenged me. We used to sit together (we were at secondary school together) in Religious Studies and English (interestingly enough, subjects I excelled at), and she would stroke my thigh under the table & I would try not to react so no-one saw ><

Yeah so my experience with artsy girls is theyre p freaky but I've only dated one. I haven't dated many girls unfortunately only smelly boys :(

What Guys Said 25

• Since I'm a musician, there's no way I wouldn't appreciate an artist that really puts effort in what she does, works hard and shows her creativity. But, at the same time, I can't stand those that give artists a bad name, like the pseudo-intellectuals, college revolutionaries and lazy people that call themselves "artists" because they're not good at anything.

• Painting , film , drawing , etc that's a bug bonus if a girl can do any of those
    And generally I like artsy people

• Nah, they're pretentious and liberal.

• This is an interesting question! I think I've definitely always been into people who have an artistic side. I feel like pretty much everyone does have something artistic about them, you know?

I think the reason I find certain artistic people attractive (at least in my experience) is because people who act, sing, dance, or do comedy or poetry all usually have prettu high levels of self confidence. It takes a lot of guts to get up in front of a crowd and do something like that, and I think it says a lot about somebody who isn't afraid of putting themselves out there at the risk of criticism and the like. That being said, there's a line between confidence and being egotistical. If somebody just absolutely think they are the best in the world at what they do and they have no sense of humbleness or selflessness, then I don't think I'd find them very attractive at all.

I also think it's easier to do certain things with people who have an artistic side, like being able to go to plays or museums or art festivals or the like. If two people have that in common, I think that's pretty awesome.

• I like that, the problem is that most artsy girls tend to be liberal and kind of annoying xD
    But if she's not like that, being artsy is positive, and I'd prefer the entertainment type of art.

• See, I totally get what you mean, I would be lying if I said I wasn't a liberal. But I do wish people more of looked at their art, rather than the personality or views of the artist.

• Well yeah, I'd appreciate their art, but your question was about artsy people, not their projects.

• I know it was, but I'm asking about their actually art portion of their personality, all views a side, which is more attractive, without other factor into consideration.

• Well I am a art apprentice and a poet so yeah of course, though i don't like liberals so hmmmm that could be a problem.

• Not all artists are liberals. Think of people who make propaganda art.

• Ok and good and don't get me wrong my first and main priority is whether or not your art is good, that's what matters I was just saying what everyone thinks and what is usually true, that artists are liberals, which for me makes it hard to get closer to the artist as a person beyond the art. Get what I mean? but on a purely artistic basis your art is the only thing that matters as good art is good art regardless of whether it's made by a democratic, republican or even communist or whatever.

• And your right we do have a big community which is good.

• LOL I draw... But I don't like other artists... At least not people in my art class... They're mainly mentally repressed pricks trying to push some kind of boundaries, and I find them stupid because they think they are repressed and no one understands them when in reality it's just in their head... Not speaking for every artist here.. Just talking about some I know...

• I can understand this. There are always those people who think they're more interesting that they actually are. But overall I like other artists.

• I'm hooking up with an artsy girl right now. She always wants to go to these newer overpriced urban bars/restaurants and malls. Not exactly a turn on but it's cool I guess. She is going to school to design clothes.

• Very much so

i am a frustrated dancer by the fact I was never quite good enough to compete with the best. Meaning I teach dance

• Musicians I get on with , but have found " paint , draw , film " types very full of them themselves , fake & generally irritating. They tend to be very PC & humourless too.

• Of course I want too become a film maker in the future it would be great if my lady wanted to team up with me

• Yeah they can be cool

• im more interested in performance art (musicians, actresses, street performers, etc.) but I still like the drawers i guess. havnt met too many though. im a musician myself.

• I'm mostly the second, but I also do some amateur photography.

• Yes, if I hear a girl talking about her chakras there is a 90% chance she'll let me finger her's.

• I had a fling with an artsy girl. She was cray

• Yes, I do. I'm an artist myself in that case, as I am learning guitar at the moment.

• Yes I do pottery and my girlfriend also does so we're an artistic couple.

• Yes, adore women who are artsy!

• I'm an artist and I've been an actor when I was in school (theatre... was even in a musical).

I'd definitely date a woman who was an artist... preferably not an abstract/modern artist, though.

• I'm more into the realist, romantic, and neoclassical schools of art.

• I'm attracted to anyone who's good at something. It shows that she is passionate loves what she does.

• Well, I'm a musician, so, yeah

• i just think of them as people like everyone else.. i dont like them and i dont dislike them.. theyre just people

• They take themselves too seriously, artsy men and women are bitches.

• Many artists make art that is made it to be sarcastic and complete jokes. One artist crapped in cans and sold it. If that's not a joke, I don't know what is. But many people picture the stereotypical hipster, hardcore activist type today. Everything you own with is created by an artist. Don't paint us all with the same brush (pun intended).

• That's just hilarious, my sides have split, cans of shit, LOL. If you literally think everything I own was created by an artist you need to think again, at least you do if you were being serious, which you probably were. My mallet wasn't created by an artist. You've illustrated (incorrect use of pun intended) why I don't like artsy people with your response to me and some of the other comments.

• Then just leave, no need to be an ass. If you don't know what I mean when I say "everything you own was created by an artist" that's you're misunderstanding. It's your opinion, and we disagree. It's your decision to dislike people for silly reasons. Have a good day.

• Sure that's a nice quality

What Girls Said 13

• I kind of have to vote B? Music is my thing. I'm a musician myself, but my career I'm a graphic designer and photographer.

I think this is why it's called "the arts" not "the visual arts" or "the audible arts"

• I usually visual arts because "arts" is a VERY broad term.

• Yes I know arts is very broad, however, for most people you are either "arty"'or "academic".
      There are the spill overs but if you are one or other you usually very much completely that field.

• I like both types honestly. It's cool they have that talent.

• Depends what u listed yas, but if they are one of those people who look at a squiggle painted on a canvas and try and make it like its all deep and artsy and sophisticated then no

• A. (Like myself)
    I sketch, paint, shoot scenery/nature photography , sculpt, play piano, sing

But there's just something about creating Art with your hands that turns visual. Its honestly beautiful to me. I tend to gravitate towards those kind of people.

Not saying the others are less, though.

• It depends on other aspects of their personality. But sure, I enjoy the arts. I've tried a bit of everything and made friends along the way, but I voted for the first option.

• Im artsy but I dont really like artsy guys at least not the ones whos entire life evolves around artsy things. they tend to emotionally unstable and hippie like which i dont like.

• If she is too into it nah, because I like variety,

• I love every person that loves art

• Yes, I <3 fantasy art :)

• The type who plays instruments, acts, sings etc. because I am one of those people :)

• Its all good

• Yeah, I play instruments myself.

• Yes, I am an artist myself. I do more 2D paintings and drawings more so than performing arts or culinary arts. I went to an art school, and met a lot of artists of course, but that studied all sorts. So in general, yes, it's a common interest.