Short women are lucky women. Why do men prefer them over tall women (blunt answers)?

I get rejected and dumped because of my large bone structure and height. I'm 6'1 with a big built body. Most people are intimidated by me especailly men. I see couples where the woman is average or short. I don't understand what's so great about petite women (no offence). Why can't tall men or any man give tall, big women a chance? I dated a short guy before but had an affair with a smaller woman.
Guys would you date a woman as tall and big as I am? Be honest and dont sugarcoat.

Most Helpful Guy

• The Social Complex
    A Blog dedicated to the exploration of height bias and discrimination.
    ASK ME ANYTHING SUBMIT LIKES ARCHIVE
    Why Do Guys Like Short Girls
    TSC: So heightism more often applies against the short than against the tall. But, as heightism is a social prejudice based on gender norms, it can apply to tall people as well. Here is an article by some random guy which purports to provide reasons for a premise which may be false. In other words, the author makes a value judgment through his blanket premise (that guys like short girls) which supports the statement that “human height SHOULD convey social privilege”. In this case, the social privilege applies to short women.
    To be clear, it is not heightism for guys to prefer short girls or for them to require short girls exclusively. But it is heightism to assert that short women SHOULD be preferred because of their height.
    TL:DR - A value judgment exists which says that short women SHOULD hold social privilege.

This question has been asked so many times in so many places but the exact answer is still unknown. Guys like short girls because they find them pretty and attractive. They don’t really know the exact reason of this attraction and unlike girls; they don’t sit and think about such questions hoping to find a final answer. However, here is a list of the probable reasons that may put an end to this question altogether:
    Guys feel more powerful in the relationship

Our relationship choices are largely determined by our psychological needs. When a guy towers over his girlfriend, he automatically feels more powerful in the relationship. A guy usually looks at a relationship as a combination of love and constant power struggles so his height makes him feel like a triumphant winner.

Short women look like they need protection from the world

There is something about short women that encourages everyone to protect them. Short woman look so cute and adorable all the time and a guy who’s fond of her will want to keep her safe. Even though short women can be very feisty and defensive about themselves, their height makes them look vulnerable which attracts a guy even more.

• It feels nice to hug them

A lot of guys love the feeling of hugging women who aren’t very tall. I have this friend who’s dating a wonderful woman who would be called short by general standard and he can’t stop talking about how amazing he feels when he hugs her and her head stops right below his chin. And he’s not the only guy who enjoys this experience.

Guys feel inferior to tall women

Tall woman are usually very confident but their confidence often has a lot of pride and arrogance mixed in it. Since most men have a huge ego (which they can never compromise on), tall women can make them feel inferior to them in no time so short women are definitely a safer bet when it comes to protecting their ego.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not 6 feet but close enough to it to feel what you're feeling. I noticed this too. They tend to pick girls that are significantly smaller than them in height and weight. It makes me wonder thought... If short women ignite the instinctive protective carnal fires in men as some of these blue posts claim, then why is there so much hate in threads where women say they prefer a taller man for the same reason?

What Guys Said 21

• Probably not.

1. I prefer the girl to be shorter than me. It's more of a turn on.

2. I've seen enough screenshots of taller women trash talking any guy under 6ft that my gut reaction with taller girls is basically: "fuck her, I'm not going to waste my time and give her the satisfaction of rejecting me. She can wait around for a guy over 6ft to ask her out".

• Well I've dated guys under 6th so you can't say that to all tall women. My friend is 5'9 and she hated shorter guys.

• It's simple. Smaller women are easier to control and are more fun in bed.
    It's also pretty well known that big, tall women on average have the largest vaginas. It's a statistically proven fact which has rung true in my sexual experience.

• I don't, I'm 6'1 and I've dated a girl who was 6'2. I honestly prefer average height or taller girls to really short ones.

I think maybe it makes some guys more confident because they feel big next to their girlfriend. And there are some fun things you can do if she is much smaller than you. Then again there are also things you can't do with them that you can do with a taller girl.

• I think taller girls are hot. My old girlfriend was 6ft and played volleyball. 6"1 is not freaky tall dude. You're tripping over nothing.

• I am a freak!

• Freak in the sheets or freaky tall? Lol. 6"1 is not that crazy. Any guy who is intimidated by that is a pussy and not even worth the time anyways.

• Tall, dude! Good point. This 6'4 guy rejected me because of my height and is now dating a petite woman.

• Well most guys want to be taller than their girl. It's difficult to find a taller one, if you're that tall. We just don't want to feel small beside her.

• I guess I'm doomed to be single forever

• How tall was she?

• Like 176 cm I'm 174. But she was also bigger than me so I didn't really know how to handle that much woman xD

• I think it depends, but most men prefer them shorter.
    In my case, I like taller girls, and if we connected, I would love to be with a girl of your height or maybe taller :) (I am 5'11) The common problem I've had, it is that when I approach a taller girl, she would just tell me I am too short for her...
    Anyway, you will find someone who will appreciate you and your long legs :)

• I LOVE tall women, I hate short women! I don't want to a girl that's too short, since I'm tall and she looks like a dwarf.

Tall women, please come to me, I implore you!

• Well you get rejected by short men because you're too tall for them and I guess you get rejected by taller men because they want to feel masculine and short and petite women all them to feel that way (ironic that women think tall men epitomise confidence).

However you can still find a man, short, average or tall, you just cannot let it get you down.

• I'll never find a man but who cares? I rather be single forever

• BigDana, I would date someone your height and weight, it's not an issue to me, but could you honestly see yourself dating a man that is 5'6 in height and who weighs 121 lbs? If I liked you, none of that would matter to me, it's minor detail and I am man enough and secure enough not to feel intimidated or insecure.

I've noticed that I am too short and too skinny for a lot of women and I suspect that's the case with taller women who probably wouldn't feel "feminine" with me.

You'll find someone BigDana.

• I don't have a preference about height actually , even your height is cool I don't mind it AT ALL , I am 6'2 by the way

• A hot chick is a hot chick!
    I have never seen a woman and gone' I'd love to f*ck her but she's just too damn tall' :/

• I doubt men are intimidated by you. More like just not attracted.

• what da fack? Who doesn't rove dem SMEXY long legs? I heard most guys talken about dem legs more than the heights.

• Well I like long legs so yes. lol

• Height doesn't matter to me.

• if i liked you.

• I'd date you I'm 5'11 tho

• I love tall women but I wonder if she would date a guy that is 5 foot 7

• I don't know whyyy, I prefer tall women~

• there are men out there who are taller than you (such as myself) who would be glad to be with you.

• Because women dont give short men, an opportunity, they just write them off, saying "i only go for tall men"

• She literally stated that she dated short men...

• Dude I just wrote that I dated a short man. Did you NOT see that?

• Oh okay never mind

• For every tall woman, there's a much taller man...

What Girls Said 12

• Ha! i think so differently. Although i can sympathize with the struggle you describe, I am in awe of you and your height and very attracted to it as well. I think you are the lucky one. Sure there are insecure men who will be intimidated by your stature, but is that who you would wanna be with anyway? Insecure guys? It's not about having EVERY guy be into you, but finding the right one that would love you, isn't it? I am assuming you are not into women since you only mentioned men, but there are others like me that would love to get know you :)

• I am so not lucky! I don't understand why short women say I'm lucky.

• Wow, i take back what I said then. good luck.

• Never mind. I know you're just trying to be nice but I just hate my height that's all

• Short women are seen are more feminine which a lot of guys are attracted to. Guys can tower of a small girl. I'm average myself but my sister is quite tall and some guy are really attracted to her because of it. Yet, I hear a lot of people say short girls are cute but tall girls are sexy.

• But how can you say tall girls are sexy when you said short women are feminine? That makes me feel like a total man.

• THANK YOU! So I'm not masculine. You can't say all tall women are masculine.

• I never said all tall women are masculine. That's quite the opposite of what I said. I said short women are SEEN as MORE feminine, that doesn't equal tall women are masculine. I said tall woman are more seen as sexy, but short women are seen as cute.

• From what I've seen it a protective thing for some. They like to protect and cuddle and do whatever to something that's small and innocent I guess. Anyways some guys like tall girls some like mdeium some like short. Can't please everyone and you're only 6'1 you're fine

• i guess it's just always like that, men should be manly and the dominat partner. people look weirdly at couples where the girl is taller than the guy or a huge titan like '' who's the men in the relationship?'' it just makes guys lose their manliness but i mean models are always pretty tall and still look good. I'd recommend you to look for a taller men

• oh and well men are short nowadays, they smoke and drink alcohol at a young age and look like midgets

• Well, being a 5'1 girl if feels kind of awkward dating tall guys. I wish I was more normal sized but there's not much I can do about it.

• Because we're funsize :P

• What about me? Are you glad tall girls don't get noticed?

• Dude
      I never said that so chill. And funny thing is that a lot of guys actually like tall girls. Find them more aesthetically pleasing

• Put on some heels!!!
    Exercise and diet!!
    Slay that makeup!!!
    Walk like a model!!
    They'll be begging 4 u

• Because men prefer small people to feel superior and masculine.

Or so I've been told.

• Sadly I'm too short. No guy wants to be with me because I look like I'm 11 but I'm really 16

• I think it makes them feel more masculine. At least that's what I've been told

• I'm glad somebody finally asked. I'm 4'10, and always wonder what it is about shorties that men like. I know it's much better to be at least averagely tall. We aren't hot, or sexy. We're cute and adorable. And it pisses me off.

• My friends are 4'10-5'3 and they get ANGRY when people call them cute and adorable. They told me they're jealous of me because I get called, elegant, sexy and modled size.

• That's exactly my point. I HATE IT when I'm called "cutie." I don't wanna be cute. I want to be sexy, I want to have long tan legs. Instead, I have these short stubs.

• Well I hate being called sexy! My friends are ALWAYS complaining to me that they wanna be taller.

• I'm totally gonna get hate for this, but... are you sure it's your height and not your weight? Tall, fit women are very attractive in my opinion