How long do you take to reply to texts?

Does it also depend on who it is?

• I reply immediately
  • I take few minutes
  • " " few hours
  • " " days
  • Other (Specify)

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes immediately, sometimes minutes, sometimes hours. Depends who it is, if I'm busy, and if I have a reply in mind or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Really fast! Unless I'm trying to play it cool, then I wait a few minutes.. I can't usually help myself though.

Sometimes when I'm playing games I get distracted and not text back for like a half an hour, such a lot time! But I always feel bad for it..

What Guys Said 28

• Depends who it is!!!
    cdn-webimages.wimages.net/...0756cca073d201-wm.jpg

But this is usually me though lol.

• Well, that's a good question. Whenever a person texts me, messages me asks me something, then I always give it a high priority. My mindset, thinking would be to reply as soon as possible. That's also one of my morals.

I definitely won't keep the person waiting for a long time, I consider that as highly disrespectful. Hence I always make it a point to reply soon, very soon.

Hence in the best possible scenario, I always make it a point to reply quickly and promptly, I mean it might take a few minutes but the reply will come fast, very fast.

Now in the worst case scenario, if I am unable to reply promptly or quickly then I always keep it a high priority to reply to that person the moment I get time. Hence even in case delays it will not be more than 48 hrs, now that is the worst case scenario.

However the worst case scenario rarely ever happens. say only 5% of the time there is a chance I might get a bit late in my reply.

• It definitely depends on who... If my friends invite me to play a sport with them, I need to reply pretty fast (same day), normally in an hour by the latest.
    If it's someone like my mom telling me something that I could careless about... I don't text back.

• If I don't wanna answer a question, I'll sometimes wait an hour or so.
    Other than that, usually within 10 minutes (unless my phone just isn't around).

• Depends on how much I'm interested in the conversation and what I'm doing at the moment.

• Heavily depends on who, also sometimes if someone never replies for a long ass time I make it my job to take twice as long. If it's someone who I don't feel like talking to or boring convo ehh may be a while depending if Im bored or not. If not pretty quick unless im busy.

• Immediately if I'm not doing anything. A little bit more if I notice the text but was in the middle of something.

• When I am certain I can get through the text before having to do something else. Would be a bit weird if I have to leave a text read but don't have time to finish typing a reply lol

• It depends on what I'm doing, what was said, etc. It can be anywhere from a few minutes to a few days, but the average is probably 30 minutes. If you're wondering about people you're texting, they're probably just in the middle of something if they didn't reply right away. I don't like texting for this reason, you never know when the other person actually has time to talk or not.

• Depends on what I am doing, and who it is, and whether it's important or not.

• Depends on who it is. Boss = right away unless I'm in the shower or something. A girl I'm crushing on = a few mins. A girl I'm crushing on that's better looking than the previous one = a few seconds (even if I have to jump out of the shower with shampoo in my eyes). Just a friend = a few hours sometimes unless I'm asleep then the next day.

• ASAP

• Depends who I'm texting tbh lol

• depends on my mood and the person, but usually I'm fairly quick

• Whenever I can

• I reply right away if I'm not busy.

• Almost always immediately.

• Whenever I feel like it.

• if i am not busy with shit instantly.

• depends who it is...

• When I see it, usually. But often times, I'm busy at work and can't check my phone just then.

• depends how bored I am, depends who it is, depends whether or not I actually feel like talking at the time.

• depends on who, fiancee is minutes. everyone else is hours.

• Whenever I get to it.

• it depends on a lot of shit..
    -who it is
    -what im currently doing
    -what kind of mood im in

• Met a girl and git her number. Id try to have little conversations with her just to get to know her. She'd reply to me 5 hours later with 3 worded sentences. I eventually gave up thinking she wasn't interested. Then i foud out she was REALLY into me.

• Depends on if I'm at the gym or busy doing something. In my car I can listen to texts but I don't think I can reply. Sometimes I forget I read it.
    Otherwise usually within minutes.

• If it's someone I want to talk to or like, usually right away.

If it's my boss, usually never.

What Girls Said 16

• Depends on who it is, and depend on my mood. If I'm feeling bored and lazy and tired... or if I'm irritated and easily annoyed at the time... then it's gonna take awhhilleeee for me to reply

But if I'm in a good mood I'll reply immediately.

• I almost always reply immediately. If I'm unsure of what to say, I'll wait a few minutes. If the conversation has died and they seem uninterested, I'll stop texting.

I can't say that it depends on who it is, since I only usually text two people. I like one of them a lot, and the other is someone I've known for years, so I do reply instantly to both. I used to wait about 3-5 minutes before texting my friend (the one I like), but he responds just as fast as I do. I figured I won't make him wait.

• i reply immediately.. unless am busy or my phone is not with me

• Honestly... It varies.

If you're lucky you might get immediate responses but most of the time it may take anywhere from 20-to a day 😂

• I always reply as. Soon as I see it...

Except for texts like "can you babysit for me for a full month or more.. etc.. etc.. " 👀😨😐...

Damn...

2 hours later... Sure no prob. 😉!!

Hahahha sucks!!

• Honestly it usually depends on the person.
    Husband immediately bc we can't talk much right now
    Sister immediately
    Mom within a few minutes or immediately
    And I'm lacking in the friend department bc I'm not the best at replying to them
    Sometimes it depends on if I'm busy or not

• I take a few minutes. It's not on purpose it's because i'm multi-tasking and doing other things too

• I don't like responding too fast because I don't want it to seem like I have nothing better to do. So usually within 5 minutes

• If it is someone I like, I reply as soon as I see it. :p

• The game of when to text, should I text, and why aren't they responding (I CAN SEE YOU SAW IT ASSHAT) is tiring.

• I check my phone often for time and stuff. Usually I respond right when I see it. After the first message, I'll look at my phone faster so I'll be able to respond quicker. The first message may take me up to 30 min tho

• Depends on what I'm doing.

• Never

• It all depends on the subject of the text

• Depends on how busy I am and my level of interest.

• It depends. I try to get back to the person when I can, like when I'm not busy. If it's a short text that needs a short answer, I usually reply sooner as well. Sometimes there are blocks of texts and I'd need time to read and respond. It's usually within 24 hours, tho.