If Americans were given the choice of Free college & Health Care but they had to surrender all guns with most weapons banned after? What would happen?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think this would be wonderful for my generation and most people my age would do it. I don't think the older generations would go for it, though. The older generation tends to think about their own needs. So overall, I don't think this would work.

• Thanks for MHO!

that's because "old" people realize all the teachers, electricity and buildings at "free" college have to be paid for, so the cost is not going to go down one cent. In fact, once the government gets involved free college will cost more than ever.

Now 10% of the USA has "free" healthcare but the other 90% are paying 2X, 3X, 4X more out of pocket with these hohg deductible plans than we ever paid before.

I'd never give up my guns, but I'd give them up to AVOID free college before I gave them up to get free college

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, everything that liberals in America want to happen.

I don't necessarily believe in free college, but I do think that secondary education requirements need to be expanded: trade schooling needs to be consolidated into secondary schools, and students ought to have to chance to learn that instead of bridge courses, like Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, or any other preliminary science course (I call them bridge courses because the most you can do with them is to use what you learn in the classes to help you learn more in college; in essence, they mean nothing in and of themselves).
    As for health care, the biggest problem is that with state mandated health care, provided by one or two major companies, is that that (those) company (ies) no longer need to be competitive to earn money. The company can simply set whatever prices they want, provide as bad a service as they want, and the public will have no choice but to accept and pay for it.

What Girls Said 7

• There is no such thing is free college or free health care. Someone has to pay for it. Only the law abiding citizens would be made to surrender their guns. The thugs and criminals would still have them.

• Psh fuq dat. What kind of American gives up their gun. First it will be our guns, then our apple pie 🍰. #muricafukyea

• College and healthcare would be fucked since most would say fuck that and keep the guns.

• We would be a country in Europe

• You write this as a compliment or insult to Europe?

• You think I'm being sarcastic but I'm not. Stoic as fuck

• I am from the UK, we have higher education fees, but they are capped at around $12k a year, too high, but you can borrow that tax free and repay, without interest, when you are earning enough.
      We have had free healthcare, at the point of delivery, paid for by employed people paying a health tax, since 1948, our National Health Service is the best in the world, with all the latest technology and provides a superb service. With 100% paid for, no problem with pre-existing conditions, and the best cancer care on the planet. There is a small private health sector, but most major work is done in a National Health hospital anyway.
      We don't have guns, we don't carry guns. Only police, army and farmers use guns, together with a few criminals. We have not had a mass shooting anywhere for around ten years, and there is very little gun violence at all. I know where I prefer to live for security!

• so basically in order to get free college and health care, we would have to run the risk of getting killed like they did in paris? because they didn't have guns either and look what happened to them.

• Rebuplicans:
    "DoEs.. nOT... CoMpuTE"

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 13

• If I am being honest it wouldn't happen to many people value actual a somewhat dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery which is exactly what it is. Also a lot of American's are either ex military or active military and they certainly would not give up a right that they and their friends bleed and died for to give to people and they wouldn't people giving it up carelessly lightly either.

Also "free" college and "free" health care are not free, someone has to pay for it.

Why free college/healthcare is not free
    https://youtu.be/bdYOjUqlcFA

Free isn't free your just inconspicuously paying for it, also "free" education does not equal better or good education, just because something is free doesn't mean it's better. Education needs to be made better and held to higher standards but it doesn't need to be free, especially with our debt and a stagnate economy.

Why people won't give up their guns and why it won't work for us.
    https://youtu.be/kRAw3VWVyD8

You've asked this question before and just like last time I'm telling you it's not going to work and people aren't going to do it.

Also FYI every time a state has tried to get rid of guns, either through laws, taxes or buying back guns crime and violence, death has skyrocketed to unprecedented levels.

Like I've said time and time and time again America is not Europe, or Australia which I might add has had increased gun ownership levels recently, almost ot the point before they got rid of them and it's been steadily increasing and guess what? there has been no increase in violence. But back to the point we are not like other countries where guns were taken through legal means or taken away by force, we're not the same people or culture, what works for you ain't gonna work for us nor do want to give them up, otherwise we would.

So again, stop obsessing over our guns it's weird and it's unhealthy to obsess over something you have no control over and that doesn't affect you in anyway and never will or is even in your country.

• When kids are slain because of American mindsets, I am proud of my obsession

You are indeed a fine fellow I sincerely hope your obsession over guns never comes back to bite you :)

• Peace to you :)

• And to you to :)

• Spoken like a founding father.
    "... it's been inherited to every Americans by the founding fathers. Education got no shit on guns. Guns = protects people and freedom

Education = jackshut liberal brainwash camps" Anonymous below.

Which is ironic because the founding fathers where all highly educated. I think that perfect expresses what's partially wrong with American gun culture in a nut shell.
    To answer the question, it would never happen. I always believed a good education was freedom.

• And you do not even touch on Free Health

I used to play soccer professionally and as a legacy had two ankle and one knee reconstruction. If I had that in the States I would be looking at nearly 50000 in cost.

Pays not to get sick/wounded in the USA

• We would most likely say "keep your 30 pieces of silver". If I wanted to live in a Socialist Euro-country I'd just move to Europe. Actually I'm considering moving to Singapore (certainly would if I were a multimilliaire already; it's one of the most expensive places to live on the planet but is exactly what I'm looking for in a country) since the USA is already too socialist, it's just missing the label.

• Out of interest- why do you find Singapore so attractive?

• 2% unemployment (vs 11% for the U6 here). Punishment is actual punishment (not just a timeout in a cage but your ass sometimes beat bloody with a rattan cane depending on seriousness) hence reduced crime rates. 0% tax rates on capital gains from local investment (vs rising tax rates on everything here, up to 39.6% on federal alone, after state and city/county that is over 50% in places and not even including things like sales taxes), 4 official languages (English being one of them), unlike here they don't let anyone sneak in and then grant them amnesty after the fact for political reasons (could be why they are one of the richest countries on earth per capita but are only a city-state). And most important there is no tax or extradition treaty with the USA. That is why it's the #1 destination of millionaires and billionaires (2000-3000 a year move there and take their cash with them) that are tired of getting robbed = the IRS can't touch them even if they owe $100M in last year's taxes.

• It's a question of orientation. Americans want their paranoid and violent culture. Let them have it.

• basically like in sweden? eh, crime still there, a huge and rathely dorman police state, liberal bullshit going on and on and on...
    i support the right to have a gun for self defense, but i wouldn't really mind a more controlling policy on who can hold weapons and who can't

• We don't negotiate with terrorists. And I'm not easily manipulated

• I am giving my guns up for anyone I strongly believe that is what is keeping other countries from evading America that pretty much every other system has a gun in their house that is our constitutional right to own a gun no one's going to come and get my guns I do not care who they are I have had family Who has fought for my Freedom's as an American and I am not going to give up their rights

• FUCK

YEAH

FUCK YEAH

I would've done a lot more than give up my guns that I don't have for free college

• Revolution, in a nut shell. Too many people in the US are willing to die to protect theirs and them.

• You are a very eclectic and open minded fellow from my observation

your thoughts on that outcome?

• If the constitution is re-written it would probably be Groundhog Day- even more conservative

• Probably, remember that the US Constitution was written by lawyers just after coming out of a bloody revolution especially to adress the problems they saw with their own former governance. It was a reactionary document that's why so many rights "shall not be infringed"

• Nothing is truly free.

• The US would be the most attractive and financially viable country on the planet.

• first of all guns ARE health care

second, who cares

• There would be a mass unrest.. Guns are freedom and it's been inherited to every Americans by the founding fathers. Education got no shit on guns. Guns = protects people and freedom

Education = jackshut liberal brainwash camps