G@gers: What would you do if you forgot keys to your home😭😶?

Well it happened to me now. I forgot my keys. We usually keep spare keys with our neighbor but he's out of town 😨
My parents will be home by 6-7 PM 😭😭

I am now just sitting on staircases... waiting for them to come. I have full 5-6 hours to kill😶
What to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• This used to happen to me as a kid. My mother worked and sometimes forgot to leave the key. So my brother, sister, and I would wait, sometimes playing with the neighbor kids.

Mind you, this was long before cellphones and home computers. Waiting for three or four hours was long and boring if the neighbor kids couldn't play.

Most Helpful Girl

• Argh it happens. I'm pretty lucky. My older sister works 10 minutes away from me, so I could drive to her work place and borrow the house keys. Or my mum (who works 2 minutes away from my sister). I have removed the security window screen and used a flat head screw driver to bust the window unlocked LOL and climbed in the window and made the house alarm go off! haha funny/good times (I only do that IF i'm impatient)

What Guys Said 27

• Is it legal to drink there at your age? I'd get a bottle or wine from a convenience store or something and just get drunk sitting outside while saying "hey" to people that walk by -- awesome.

• Well I don't REALLY need them. Although I need them to get inside work since I'm usually the first there, but I can wait for a colleague to arrive. And someone will always be home so no worries there either.

• If you can swing the service call, call a locksmith. If not, go to the closest library so you're comfortable and wait it out with a good book. If you've not ready the Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro, I recommend it. Start at the beginning.

• That's not a good situation to be in. Well, first of all you should make sure that you don't forget your keys, whenever you leave in the morning you should make it a habit not to forget your keys. You should keep a reminder on your phone, just till the time it becomes a habit for you.

Yes, if you do forget your keys at home then you are stuck outside unless your parents return home. The only other alternative would be if you had left a spare key with any one of your neighbours.

• Well I can't go anywhere without my car keys which has my house key attached. When I was younger without a car and I happened to have lost them I'd call my grandma, she has a key to our house.

• you should go to any restaurant and eat or drink something or go to cinema and watch any movie. or do some shopping

• I guess I have to do that. I'll have to watch Kabali probably 😑

• I'm gonna invite a lot of hatred but answer is no.
      But then I don't like typical masala flicks like Sultan, Dilwale, Bajrangi Bhaijan etc...

• haha yeah i dont like those type of movies too. i never watched sultan, dilwale, bajrangi bhaijan or kabali.

• go catch pokemons! haha no but srsly it happened to me a lot. just went to friend's houses since we all live close or just stayed at my neighbours.. i guess u have more than one neighbour, dont u?

• Oh I go and grab the emergency keys which are hidden somewhere outside XD

• Get my spare key, then the next day have my locks changed and get a new set of keys.

• Omg I feel ur pain :( I did that a few times after I got home from school :( can u climb through the window?

• Aww poor thing 😭 just entertain urself until they come :) also try not to remember about going to the bathroom cuz that will suck 😂 (even tho that was a reminder XD)

• Actually it's kinda cold here soo... but I guess I'll take a walk outside and go to a mall probably

• I have a spare key hidden in a place noone would think of.

• Go to a cafe or fast food joint, get a book to read, or a magazine, or for free find a quiet place and masturbate your time away.

• I've picked my deadbolt one time, jumped up to a window the other haha.

• One of our neighbors keeps our spare key and we keep hers.
    I'd take a coffee and read the papers at the nearest cafe

• Go outside or to a neighbour of yours. Stairs are usually cold, so they will make you ill for sure.

• You don't get ILL from cold temperatures, you get ill from bacteria and viruses.

• @posted so why docs warns us to not going out of the room suddenly when an air conditioner is running in it? That's an example for temperature change right? Concrete stairs do the same to your hips, I think :D by the way is the word "hip" a slang word?

• I would break the door lol.

• Go the terrace perhaps?

• Walk 15 kilometres to any direction you want and then return. thats approximately 5 hours for the average human. The last one or two hours you will only want to sit and rest.

• behan, go watch the cricket

• enter through the garage lol... just need my pin for that

• Update: my parents came and I'm inside now lol
      Anyway it wouldn't be possible to enter through garage lol.
      It's a five storey building

• Happened to me 3 times well usually I go stay at my cousin's

• Come down the chimney.

• It's not that hard to bypass basic home security...

• Go through the window.

• so what did ya do

• Spent 2.5 hours on staircase (thanks to the good WiFi signal lol)
      Then went to mall and spent some time in coffee shop there

• Call mah locksmith! 'E's a cousin o' mah mum, so it's no biggie!

• Aw so sweet of you but will he come all the way to India to help me? Lol

• That'd probably not work out too well. XD Are there any locksmiths near you?

• enjoy masturbating xD

What Girls Said 17

• It's happened before. I had to call up our friends to try and get hold of my boyfriend and ended up just calling his brother to see if he could come let me back in.

• We have keys divided over a few close-by friends, so they serve as a back-up. We also have the keys to their house. Its very practical if one is on holiday. Then you can monitor the mail and check the house from time to time. Regarding you: go in the city and have fun or go shopping.

• And since you are Schrödingers cat, there must exist a condition where you did not loose your key. Look for it and enter the house. Be quantummechanical

• Hehehe that made me smile
      It has been total 2.5 hour on staircase now. WiFi can do wonders if you want to kill time lol. Now that rain has stopped, I'll go take a walk outside lol

• Oh to the mall... Buy make-up and than go home... lol

• Could you have visited others or done some shopping or window browsing at least?

• Uhhh drive to one of them and grab their keys?

• Call a friend and hang out with them :)

• That sounds you're not planing go home?

• *I was at different coffee shop

• You're welcome, it seems you like home cook foods, you know you can stay outside looking for foods too, I guess you eat a lot since you're very hungry.

• If I could not get a hold of the pare keys, then I would take a walk or something.
    Kill time. Read something if I have a bok with me or on my phone.

• Happened to me once. I had to climb the balcony and go through my bedroom. I live on the first floor so it was pretty easy. Thank goodness I had left the balcony door open.

You should call a locksmith though.

• I'll sit and wait until my parents come, I know it's not fun :/

• Kick down the door then fix it

• Break the window or if there's an open window climb in it.

• Really? Break the window? Can't she just go outside to kill her time until her parents come?

• @MrSalik I couldn't car if you were tbh.

• Did you try to break in? Unlocked window?

• I had to climb up to my window
    Another time, my brother took the fire escape to get in through the window

• Go to your parents job and pick up the keys and then go home.

• My house has a dead bolt so it's impossible to lock myself out.

• windows :)

• Ask any of your friends to hang out with you.