Why do people blame guns for shootings and call for them to be banned but only blame the killer if anything else is used to kill people?

After pretty much every shooting, I hear a bunch of people saying guns are the problem so they should be banned and it really pisses me off because they're blaming an inanimate object instead of the sick bastard who killed innocent people. It makes no sense to blame guns for violence because a gun is absolutely harmless unless a person decides to load it, aim it at someone, then pull the trigger. Also, knives, planes, trucks, and numerous other things have been used to multiple kill people but those objects aren't blamed for the deaths. I think passing a thorough background check should be mandatory to for you to be able to buy a gun in every state and much more should be done to keep illegal guns off the streets so criminals have a harder time getting them but it's extremely wrong and hypocritical to ban guns simply because they're dangerous in the wrong hands.

0|0
2|6

Most Helpful Girl

• They want to deflect from person that has doing the killing. If it wasn't wanting to ban guns... they would say that he/she had a hard childhood and needs help not judgement. That is your bleeding heart liberal at work...

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Yes, you can also kill people with an ice pick or a steak knife. However, have you ever seen somebody going to a nightclub and killing 50 people with an ice pick or a steak knife? Have you ever seen a bitter teenager going to his high school one morning and creating a massacre by hitting people on the head with a hammer?
    2. Yes, people have been killed with knives and cars. However, the difference between guns and tools is that a car or a hammer or a knife is not designed to kill. All these objects are produced for non-violent purposes. A car is produced to move quickly from one place to another. A hammer is designed to build or fix something. A knife's purpose is to be used for cooking and eating.
    Guns on the other hand are solely designed to kill people. You can't move a lawn with a gun, you can't ride a gun to work, you can't fix your broken bookshelf with a gun, you can't chop veggies with a gun. The only reason guns are produced is to kill. Therefore, it doesn't afford the rational capacity of a genius to understand that an object, which is solely created to kill, will make a society more violent.
    3. The direct statistical correlation between high number of guns per capita and a high overall rate of violent crimes has been proven times and again. It is a FACT. You may close your eyes to reality and believe in pink unicorns but that's not gonna change the facts. If you seriously believe that it's a complete coincidence that murder rates, as well as rates of school and other public shootings in the US are hundreds of times higher than in any other developed country, I can't help you.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Pretty sure there aren't any automatic knives that can kill 20 people at once

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I think this is where the notion of "Gun Control" gets lost - For most it is not banning guns but making it a lot harder for the wrong person getting guns. Two things that jump out at me that we could agree on (1) Much stricter background checks (2) Gun shows - You place an order, submit to background check and get gun later rather than get gun straight away.
    Others can be negotiated watch lists and the need for a person to have semi automatic weapons all without infringing the second amendment and the right to bear arms.

0|0
    0|0
  • "... I think passing a thorough background check should be mandatory to for you to be able to buy a gun in every state "

Right here is where you became "pro gun control" to most people in the US. Federal law only requires licensed dealers to conduct checks. Some states don't require it when purchased at a gun show from private party.

No one's banning guns. That would require a constitutional amendment.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean you have a better change of overpowering one person with a knfie than one person with an AR and a large mag/multiple mags. Making them so easy to acquire is an issue, of course people will always get their hands on the shit but everyone freaks out when you say 'gun'. They couldn't even hire more people for background checks haha.

0|0
    0|1
  • We also blame the killer

The only thing I point out is how the gun makes it so efficiently easier to kill more people

0|0
    0|0
  • Man, this is the common hypocrisy and double standard of #ShitLibs.
    I'm getting used to it.

0|0
    0|0