Are air-bags a product of patriarchy?

Are air-bags a product of patriarchy?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Good thing my airbag didn't go off when my car flipped. :D

Most Helpful Guy

• Cars are just patriarchal in general - that's the reason women can't drive. It's because they feel oppressed when doing so.

What Girls Said 8

• 1|1
  • Yas. All men are misogynistic assholes who wake up and are like "how can I destroy women's lives today?" XDDD

• I think that patriarchy makes jars so hard to open so that women have to remain reliant upon men.

I'm kidding.

• Undoubtedly, notice how you don't get any cute little A cup sized air bags too?

• It reduces health and insurance costs, that is why government and insurance people want airbags and belts. The few exceptions that are hurt by it, do not compensate for the positive outcome.

• Well I'm fucked.

• OMG DEFINITELY! THANKS FOR OPENING MY EYES BLESS YOU!!

• I could see the reasoning for the statement - aka the default "norm" in an average sized male.

But I see it as an inevitable result of capitalism, not patriarchy. If it costs more because you deviate outside a certain range, you won't likely have products designed for you.

• this is not true for the automotive industry, if they can lower the deaths from car accidents by simply 1% they will do anything and everything to do it. i am sure that if you come with credible statistics of smaller women and maybe also men that sit close to the steering wheel have in fact died then the automotive industry will respond. i suggest you go to Volvo, they have a reputation for being great innovators in automobile safety.

What Guys Said 7

• I know you are stirring it but what do these people be doing to think up these premises. Seat belts and air bags are there to prevent harm, save a person's life (male/female) unless they can come up with a less "Patriarchal" device which is as safe they should just shut up and worry about something more important like FGM or female infanticide.

• women have natural air bags so i say they started it we're just defending ourselves.

• I see so many dumb people here. See the pic you idiots, who voted no. It's stats. #comeeatme
    I won't be replying so don't waste time.

• This better be a sarcasm.

• Women shouldn't be driving anyway :(

• Well yes since airbags were invented by a man in male runned car industry, so it is patriarchal yes.

• There's a reason you can adjust the seat height...