Which do you prefer - Cats or Dogs?

Are you a cat or dog person? Why? Do you have any of your own pets? What are their names?

Personally, I have one dog, two cats, and 5 fish. (For now πŸ˜‰) when I get a bigger place and enough money, I'd love to home/rescue more animals.

I love all kinds of animals, all shapes and sizes, but I would say I'm most definitely a crazy cat lady! 🐈

• Dogs. πŸ• (this is my dog Buddy.) Which do you prefer - Cats or Dogs?
  • Cats. 🐈 (and this is one of my cats, Kiki.)Which do you prefer - Cats or Dogs?
  • I like both the same! ☺️
  • I don't like either. πŸ˜’
  • I'm allergic to one or both! 😷

Most Helpful Guy

• Dogs for me.

Dogs to me are like, "OMG! You're home! I've been waiting the whole time! Lemme lick your face! OMG, I want to lick your face all day long! You're my favorite person in the whole world! Look at me! I can do tricks! Can I get a treat? Lemme lick your face again!"

Cats to me are like, "Welcome home, my servant. You may hold me now. I am comfortable in this position at the moment. Well, I am starting to get bored. You may stop holding me now. I told you to stop holding me already, do as I bid or I shall have you removed from this house."

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• I'm cat person.

I had several experiences when dogs bite me, not to mention countless cases when owners doesn't hold them on leash and they run to me, bark at me, and try to attack.

Yes, my family had 3 cats. It's all in past now. I though we'll never take another cat, but my sister took/saved another one, so we have another striped furry small bandit at home.

Their names were/are: Tomka, Tishka, Matis, Tumka.

Here is Tumka, she is drooling while I pet her:
    https://s31.postimg.org/hns5er6qj/DSC_0235.jpg

• That's a shame to hear about your experiences with dogs. And your cats. ☹️

But your little Tumka looks adorable! She dribbles just like my Kiki does. 😋

• My cat drools when I pet her too, she can get rather messy at times. LOL But I love her to pieces!

• @SvetlanaSavachenko *laughs* yeah... sometimes I take a paper tissue to clean her drool, because it starts to soak into my clothes :)

• We have one of each. Bailey is a twelve pound poodle mix mutt and Pretty Boy is a eleven pound calico persian mix.

• That seems small for a poodle mix. Toy poodle mix perhaps? I'm a big dog person myself.

• Good, reputable breeders don't do that. I feel like writing a MyTake on this but I hesitate because of the backlash I've already gotten for having purebred dogs, one of which is from a breeder (my greyhound is from a rescue called After The Track so it's not like I'm against adoption, but people always overlook that fact). So many people on this website think that getting a dog from a breeder makes you the worst person on the planet and when they see the words "purebred" or "breeder" they just focus on those. Then they turn around and say they love all animals after harping on about how purebreds are bad.

The government here has really cracked down on puppy mills over the last decade or so, and pet stores are no longer allowed to sell cats or dogs (however, they can affiliate themselves with local rescues and shelters and be an adoption agency of sorts). But people still think that's where purebreds come from. Mutts can be from puppy mills too but that fact is conveniently ignored.

• @musicbrain5 I'm not being clear. The genetic bottlenecks happened as the breed was being created and it carries in the DNA to today.

• Dogs
    Here's my dog whitey

http://imgur.com/V15FM1b

• cats are really cute and awesome

• prefer dogs.

• Both OP

• Dogs all the way!!!

• I like both
    Have three cats and one dog
    But i feel like there's a bond you can have with a dog that a cat just won't give you

• I love dogs but cats are pretty cool too

• Dogs... cats aren't loyal

• I wouldn't say that. I had a cat when I was sick I mean really sick to the point paramedics had to come she was on my bed the entire time and when the paramedic went to touch me she lit him up to the tune of 12 stitches.

• @SvetlanaSavachenko 14? Wow I didn't know cats lived that long.

• That's actually young. Cats live well into their late teens and some into mid 20's.

What Girls Said 20

• I love all animals, even snakes, but cats are more my style. I'm a calm sort of person, and cats are usually less energetic than dogs (depending on the one you get.) I've found that cats are usually more mellow, and they're more independent. I can be the provider, but they'll also chill by themselves for awhile with no problem. I wouldn't want to let a dog down because I'm too sluggish to walk them that day (I have hypothyroidism and it can make me feel really exhausted for no real reason, so I need a pet who can just hang around with me). I love my step dad's dog, Bella, but she can be a handful.

• If my cat were still alive I'd opt for FELINES!!! a lllll the way!! ! <3!!!
    Mmhhh but now I have only dogs SO BOTH!!<3 :p!! Especially German Shepherds!! :p!!!

and ! :(! i miss my joshies!! :[[!!!

If only I could have a hybrid cat!!! <3!! ❀️❀️❀️🐯😺http://vignette1. wikia. nocookie. net/the-random-animals/images/f/f1/Tvwt_panama_ocelot. jpg/revision/latest? cb=20130415190511 <3
    www.petsaleinc.com/.../100055Savannah-image1.jpg
    www.leaderpost.com/.../7501769.jpg?size=mobile290</a>

• I have and love both!

• I've always been a cat person. I like dogs too but some breeds I'm allergic to. I'd love to have a Siberian Husky but I'm just not home enough to have a dog. Sometimes I'm gone 14 to 16 hours a day. It wouldn't be fair to the dog to make her wait that long to go to the bathroom. Cats will use a litter box so no worry there. Like a dog though they're at the door to greet me when I get home.

• Dogs for me please! I have 2 big dogs - a Doberman named Onyx and a Greyhound named Blitz.

Cats are cute but they're far too independent for me and they're not active enough. They're not that exciting to me, honestly. Plus I'm allergic to them.

• I love dogs and I've always been a dog person. I like cats too though, I'm just allergic to them. :/

• I love both but more of a cat person! 🐱

• Aww, they're both so cute. I like both and have both but I bond with dogs a little more because dogs are more active, so I can take them for walks and in the car with me, they sleep in the bed with me etc. Cats are more independent which I love too though, just in a different way.

• I like both the same.

• Cats ❤️ I have a Norwegian forest cat.

• I love both <3

• Dogs are life.

Cats can kick rocks.

• Neither

I am more into horses, bunnies, goats, cows, ducks, etc

• None! I hate pets! I'm fine with pet rocks though lol

• Dogs. No questions. I hate cats

• they're both so cute <3

• I like dogs but i love cats ❤️

• cats <3

• Buddy is such a happy and healthy dog. I love his face!

• Definitely a dog person, but I've never had a dog. I've always had tons of cats and I was surprisingly good at training them, which is weird cause most cats don't like to do what they're told. I love dogs tho. Dogs are always happy to see you and just want to love and be love. Most cats are assholes. But we love them anyway.