Is my sister safe?

She's 5'4, 130 pounds and is going to college in kind of a rough area but she doesn't seem too worried... isn't she small enough that a man could easily carry her off and overpower her?

Most Helpful Guy

• perhaps but if she stays in groups and away from the rough places she should be fine.

a lot of safety on college campuses comes down to making smart decisions. my college was in a relatively safe. but you'd hear stories regularly about guys and girls getting mugged or beaten up. but that almost always occurred when kids would get drunk and decide to walk home through the city at 2am.

she should be safe if she plays it smart and stays in groups if she feels particularly vulnerable

Most Helpful Girl

• She isn't that tiny. She is an average sized girl, on a college campus. The city around campus may not be the best but if she is smart and doesn't put herself in danger she will be fine. They probably have a blue light system with phones directly to campus police also. If you are that concerned, have her take a self defense class.

What Guys Said 4

• 0|0
  • she's definitely going to be kidnapped.

• I seen that same size girl beat the shit out of a 6 foot tall guy before

• I don't see why she wouldn't be safe. She's at a college. Nobody's gonna beat her up at college

What Girls Said 2

• Get her to go to a self defence class and carry some pepper spray or something. I walk with my keys between my knuckles so when I throw a punch they get stabbed by my keys. Not saying she will get attacked, just better to be safe ya know?

• I'm 5'2" and 110 pounds.
    One thing: (Defending yourself/fighting style) Crazy always wins.
    Also it's safer to travel with a buddy/in packs of friends.