If you look at all of the Serial Killers throughout history they have one thing in common- they are all White? Why the lack of other 'Races'?

'Majority', rather than all- my bad :)- thank you to one of the replies on here :)
www.statisticbrain.com/.../

Most Helpful Guy

• Well for starters we need some affirmative action to encourage more black people to become serial killers.

Also I remember reading that certain mental ilnesses that are common ammoung serial killers occur more frequently in white people. However that goes against the notion that there aren't any notable differences between the races so lets just go with white people are socialized to become killers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What Girls Said 6

• Black crime is usually petty. Like if I got mugged by a black guy, I wouldn't expect him to do anything but take my money. White people do the weird shit we see on 60 minutes like kidnap a blonde chick every week and collect them like dolls lmfao

Not always but usually.

• Not true. As someone who spent a majority of childhood obsessed with serial killers, I can tell that there are other ethnicities involved. They are just in disproportionate numbers.

• maybe the more prominent ones are white

• Well , the majority of the population is white, so it makes sense that it would be more white people

• Lack of media attention because of not being white.

"The myth that all serial killers are white is routinely fueled and reinforced by the entertainment news media. This situation persists because the major news outlets, particularly television networks such as HLN, are far more likely to provide coverage of homicides and missing person cases involving white victims than incidents involving racial minority victims."

• Although there are some well known non white serial killers, white serial killers tend to become more popular.

• Well, not all are white, but a large amount are white men.

www.statisticbrain.com/.../

• Because whites are the majority race. There are other serial killers of other races, just google it...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 17

• Does this guy count as 'white', in your opinion?
    a2.files.biography.com/.../...MzE2NDgzMDYxMjU5.jpg

Or this kid?
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...3897a45991.jpg

Or this woman?
    i599.photobucket.com/.../image00111.jpg

Serial killers come from all racial backgrounds.

• The media has made white serial killers famous. However, around 20% of the known serial killers are black.
    www.psychologytoday.com/.../serial-killer-myth-6-they-are-all-white

• Two reasons. First off the major powers over the last 500 years have been white countries so you learn their history.

It's also because you're from Ireland and your history is linked into white history. That's what you learn in school. If you looked at the history of other parts of the world you would see this isn't the case at all. Everything from the Rwandan genocide to learning about ancient history you'll see it isn't "majority white".

Individuals have been serial killers all over the world. Again it's just because you're learning about the west not the rest.

• That is a myth,
    The majority of ones you hear about are.
    There are serial killers of all races
    en.wikipedia.org/.../Pedro_L%C3%B3pez_(serial_killer)
    That is Pedro Lopez he raped and murdered over 300 girls in columbia
    it turns out Ecuador has no death penalty, so Pedro, who has served the maximum sentence of 20 years, was secretly released in Colombia in 1999. So he served about three weeks for each person he killed. That seems fair. (Cracked. com did thelast part of that)
    Serial killers just have an easier time operating undetected in the less developed parts of the world is my theory

• I wouldn't go that far, it's more that the media, news etc always make a big deal when a white guy goes on a killing spree as opposed to any other race. There have been numerous killers of all ethnicity throughout human history, especially when looking at people like assassins who are basically just payed serial killers.

If it helps your case 2-3 black serial killers were just arrested a couple days ago.

• And technically it shouldn't just limited to serial killers, what about dictators some of whom are just as mentally unstable and deranged as serial killers and even more dangerous, men of other races like Pol Pot have killed millions.

You have to look at killers not in sub groups like dictator or serial killer but rather any unjust man who kills for his or her own selfish desires, mentally unstable reasons or dangerous ideas.

• They aren't.
    maamodt.asp.radford.edu/.../...er%20Statistics.pdf

According to this document, 32.3% of serial killers were white and 59.1% were Black in 2010.

I know it was a thesis, but, seriously man, I've never never seen a thesis crash-and-burn so fast. You could've at least typed this in on Google before-hand.

• your title is false, what all serial killers in history have in common is the fact that they are serial killers.

• Night Stalker was hispanic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ramirez

• 0|1
    • There are shit tons of minority gangsters that have killed more than three times...

• Check out the documentary "Tales of the Grim Sleeper"

• In America and Europe.
    Go to other continents and I can assure you they're not white.

• Such ugly post bro

• hehe getting my pants pulled down over it, lol

• Yeh bro I went anon. I don't know chit like this makes me cringe/feel weird

• There are more white people in America?

• And also just saying serial killers usually pop up in rural places and white people usually dominate those populations

• Could be coincidence

• Bis Später!

• White lives don't matter?

• That's not true at all.
    I was reading a book on the Green River killer and the author writes on various other serial killers. She was giving the percentages (in America at least) and it seemed pretty even with the actual population. It sticks out that she said approximately 15% were black and they make up 12.5% of the population and 20 something percent were defined as Hispanic.

There's probably plenty in Asia, Africa, South America.

I think one of the issues is that since most people in America are and have been white, it's a much bigger story when you have a serial killer among them. Media's racial bias. It's also a bigger story when they are going after middle or upper class people rather than hookers or whatever.