What do you think about a cruel God?

What do you think about a cruel God?<br />

Most Helpful Girl

• In life, suffering is a guarantee. There is no life without suffering, or else we would be in a paradise world that is not real.

Most Helpful Guy

• "An accusation always implies a standard. ... You call a person cruel or idle because you have in mind a standard of kindness or diligence. And while you are making the accusation you have to accept the standard as a valid one. If you begin to doubt the standard you automatically doubt the cogency of your accusation... If nothing is [inherently] right, then of course it follows that nothing is [inherently] wrong... If a brute and Blackguard made the world, then he also made our minds. if he made our minds, he also made that very standard in them whereby we judge him to be a brute and blackguard. And how can we trust a standard which comes from such a brutal and blackguardly source? If we reject him, we ought to reject all his works. But one of his works is this very moral standard by which we reject him. If we accept this standard then we are really implying that he is not a Brute and Blackguard. If we reject it, then we have thrown away the only instrument by which we can condemn him." -- C. S. Lewis. evil things and events are *humanity's* fault, not God's. God has given us everything we need to prevent stuff like this, it's just that so few people bother.

What Girls Said 7

• 1|1
    • Your argument leaves out free will. If we could not have free will to love God or to do evil then we could not truly love him.

• If God existed, we could truly love him even if he didn't instill in us predispositions to do evil and cruel things. Maybe more so if that was the case.

• My grandfather has read the bible four times and when I ask him why bad things happen to good people he says "I dont know," because you simply can't give an answer as to why God would allow such travesties

• There's free will.

• there are still god things on earth so I wouldn't go with an evil god. I just prefer no god at all..

• Believer or not, do not blame "God" for people's actions.

• Can I blame God for natural disasters that kill hundreds of thousands? Can I blame God for the creation of parasites and diseases that cause misery to millions?

• @slatyb We have no evidence of any form of Deity existing or not. It's a bit unreasonable to be blaming something that may not even exist. But even if it does exist, we cannot be sure what is *Its* role in the Universe.

• Humans cause suffering, not God

• I dont believe in a god, cruel or otherwise.

What Guys Said 11

• If God were cruel none of us would still be alive on this planet. people have complete free will to do what they want to do and if that means that they want to kill and starve others. Then they have the free will to do so. What your missing with these examples are the acts of kindness that happened during them. People were still kind even in those terrible tragedys.

• Well its a tuff call to see what is really is

Yes I understAnd on the surface that's what it may seem like. But does a fish know whats outside of its tank...

We can only try but the full picture will never be clear living in a human body as of now

• i have never read a religious book that said "god will take care of you for no reason" i dont believe in god but if people really believe that just because they believe in something that they are entitled to be taken care for by a god that just fucking stupid.

• well if there was a god than he's obviously the devil too, let me ask you, why would he put the tree of knowledge of good and "evil" in the garden of eden and tell adam and eve to not touch it? think about it
    answer: because god gave them the curiosity to want to, because god is evil. aka the devil

• He did give them curiosity but he also gave us free will. Eve did not have to talk to the snake if she did not want to. Your saying that God set them up to fail but he set them up with free will and a choice.

• True our DNA does make us who we are and what we look like. Our brains also grow and develop with us. However we are still who we are because of a lot of other factors as well. Our DNA says what our skills are and what we look like our brains while they do have a structure from the DNA don't from birth dictate who we are and what we do. We have to learn that as our brains go. There is a very good reason that gangs make kidsngomthrough a voilet initiation. Mentally after they commit that crime they make them feel like that is it they have to continue down that path because of what they did. However people are constantly choosing to leave gangs even when they were brought up inside of the gangs.

• @Dim_121 the serpent was the devil aka god in a second form

• God did not do those things, people did. We were thrown out of the Garden of Eden, so we had our chance at not experiences pain and suffering.

• Don't mind me I'm just here for the comments

• I question if their is a God. But I do believe what Jesus said about the new convenient. Love your neighbors as you love yourself. and forgive people that don't love their neighbors.

• there is-satan the devil.

• According to the Bible, god created EVERYTHING. Satan included.

• Explain , please.

• @jacquesvol i did. i wrote too much to put it one one convo block.

• I think that the g should be lowercase. There's only one big G and he isn't cruel.

• He's been training for centuries

media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7aa9qfXbh1qktv7n.jpg

• I think he has been gone awhile since no one would all these things go on for so long