Have you been told that you talk in your sleep?

have you been told that you talk in your sleep?

if so what language?

what do you say?

i sometimes realize it as i'm saying it and hear myself saying it when i'm still barely awake and it's strange. from what i can recall the things i say are not related to what's happening in the dream. in the dream i'm saying something but it comes out differently.

yesterday i was having a very nice dream that i was in a cute little shop having my makeup done by kyari and i was touching these pastel seashell-shaped powdery eyeshadows and for some reason i said TSUTAYAでプリクラを撮った and then i woke up and my boyfriend told me that before that i was mumbling about the clouds being fluffy. always in japanese apparently.

this morning i woke up with a start when i realized that i had just said 「まさ、行かなくていいよ」and my boyfriend was sitting there staring at me asking ”masa? who's masa?” but i didn't tell him that masa is my ex-boyfriend's name.

• yes
  • no
  • not sure

Most Helpful Guy

• I have spoken once. It was a very long time ago, and I told my girlfriend at the time that I loved her.

Since then, I've taken up snoring instead.

Most Helpful Girl

• According to some friends I shared a hotel room with, I said something along the lines of, "No, Gandhi, that's my sandwich. You can't have it."

What Guys Said 35

• Yes, I have night terrors from my days as a World War I flying ace. CURSE YOU, RED BARON!!!

stream1.gifsoup.com/.../snoopy-red-baron-o.gif

• I very seldom talk whilst sleeping, though there have been rare instances whereupon crapping the bed I've said "tell the dog it's time to eat!".

• So far as I know, this occurs during nightmares, when I'm in fear of something, and it's more like shouting or screaming in my sleep. Usually my wife wakes me up since she wakes from the volume of my shouting.

• Yes as a matter of fact this one date that I was out with.. made me a great dinner.. after I had eaten.. I nodded off for no more then thirty minutes.. when I awoke I had way less clothing on.. she said I talked in my sleep and that I asked her to strip me down to my underwear.. so she said.. and I did that for you.. and you look just so darn cute in what you have on, it was too funny.. but we both had a great time that night from the moment onward

• Four months ago I was taking a lot of adderall for school and I was took a downer to finally sleep before a test and I ended up getting up in the middle of the night and cussing everyone out lol. I went back to back and I never even knew about it till two days later. I was tripping out because I never remembered any of this. I will never take adderall at the dosages that I was at that time again. Scary shit.

• Nope, been told that I shake my leg when I am dreaming though...

www.google.ca/url

• no i don't... but i know a few people who do

• Nope. Have never been told that.

• Sometimes I might talk when I am not quite awake yet - In a funny story a ex boyfriend of my sister who was teaching English to Spanish students at the time and when he slept talk, he spoke in Spanish.

• yes, numerous of times!

though right now I only remember once when I was in my early teens when my family and I when on vacation to a resort in my native country. me and my cousin shared the same bed and he told me that I was sleep talking one night. he said that I sounded like I was trying to pick a street brawl with someone.

• Guilty Coco, I have and maybe I still do it :o
    It's in my dreams, I think especially when it's a nighmare.
    Maybe I even shouted "Cooooocooooo, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!".
    My family must have though I needed hot chocolate :o

• I talk in my sleep. Sometimes it's gibberish. Other times I have night terrors and start asking for or talking about stuff from my dream before I fully wake up and realise.

• Nope, never, I'm usually quite silent even when I'm awake :P

• When someone is leaving the house to go get food, we will often ask the others if they want anything to eat, this is when I usually talk in my sleep. XD

It's funny to receive food that you didn't know you asked for.

• Yes , & in different languages too , am multi lingual. Also had flashback nightmares from my British Army service , crashed at a friends & was told I yelled " FFS... GET DOWN !! " when sleeping !!

• Nope but it was brought to my attention years ago that I sleep walk.

• I thought everyone talks in their sleep?

• I haven't been told I do, but I know that I do anyway.

• Not usually!

• Lol yes I have plenty of times, my brother even told me I sleep walked once.

• Nope .

• Lmao yeah

• nope. but i screamed in my sleep

• I'm told I talk and sing in my sleep

• I don't, I don't think.

• Ehm no lol

• I've been told that I make noises in my sleep but not talking

• Sometimes, yes.

• My sibling does.
    Pretty annoying too

• Lmao, I just read your short story. It was quite funny. My sibling also used to do the something similar during childhood.

Quite surprising grown ups also are into it🤔

• nope, i don't talk while sleeping

• More from Guys
    5

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 29

• I talk in my sleep.
    I also twitch in my sleep.
    I curl my toes in my sleep.
    I walk in my sleep.

Who knows what'll happen every time I go to sleep. It's an adventure!

• I've always talked in my sleep. It's part of the reason my sister hated sharing a room XD

P sure just English since I don't usually dream in any other languages. So boring :c

• that's not boring at all
      do you talk a lot in your sleep?

I don't know if I do a lot now or not. The only one who would know is my cat XD

• My friend told me I was mumbling something in French after a sleepover once but besides that I was never told that I talk in my sleep.
    I do have RLS though so some people sharing a bed with me complained about me kicking them or moving around a lot while I sleep haha

• I sometimes talk in my sleep but not often. I used to dream in different languages but usually not bad dreams. The only time I speak in the wrong language is when I've had too much to drink.

• People know when I'm asleep because that's the only time when I actually shut up.

• I have never been told that so I'm not sure if I actually do talk in my sleep. My husband does, though. Usually it's in Serbian so I'm not entirely sure about what he's saying.

• Yes, my sister told me I talk while I'm sleeping. She says I don't make sense, even though I'm speaking a language she understands.

• I haven't thankfully, haha.

• yes it happened to me a few times... I don't know my mom said i was talking and it was unclear

• No. Apparently I sleep like Im dead. I've been told before by my mom and a couple of friends and boyfriends that they thought I was dead so they would hover over me to make sure I was still breathing 😐

• Once. They couldn't remember what I was saying though.

• Usually its undefinable for the listener.

• Yes but I don't do it often.

• Yeah, i almost do. Once when i shared a bed with my sister, i sat up and yelled "No mom, you have to put in rawl plugs before you use the screws!"

• I apparently start to laugh in my sleep, and it freaks everyone out 😂 I also have a really bad habit of grinding my teeth too

• I giggle in my sleep. Does that count?

• No, not yet.

• Nope.

• I told my boyfriend that I farted while I was asleep once. Don't think I've ever done anything else

• Very rarely!

• I do when I am estressed, no one understands what I say, i speak in Portuguese

• I've only sung the scooby-doo theme song in my sleep.

• I talk in my sleep. But told I speak Farsi or Arabic never English

• Yes my girlfriend hates it haha :)

• I apparently talk quite loudly in my sleep, as well as scream or just mumble. I also move a lotn

• I have never been told that I talk in my sleep. I don't think I have ever talked in my sleep.

• Not talking, so much as murmuring once in a while.

• I do, I also punch

• I do, but it doesn't sound like me then I wake up and freak out every time because for some reason I hear it as a guy yelling at me. And i think someones in the house.