Hello all, what country are you from?

What do you think people should visit or do in your country?

*it's just for fun question* :p

I am from Indonesia..
Must Dos in Indonesia in my opinion:
- Street Food!!! Hahaha...
- Borobudur Temple & Prambanan Temple
- Derawan Achipelago
- Exploring Yogyakarta
- Try playing Angklung (one of manyyy indonesian's instrumental)

Most Helpful Guy

• I am from Switzerland.
    In Switzerland, it depends a bit around what time of the year you come. If you come in the winter, you should of course go skiing in the mountains. We have some of the most awesome and longest skiing pistes in the world.
    If you come in the summer however, the weather is much nicer and there's probably more to see. Two places that are extremely popular among foreigners (especially Asian tourists) are the Jungfraujoch and Zermatt. The Jungfrau (literally: "virgin") is one of the highest mountains in Europe. It's around 4,200 meters. Jungfraujoch is basically the name for the summit of this mountain. From there, you can see one of the most beautiful panorama views of the Swiss Alps and you can see some very impressive glaciers (some people also go hiking on these glaciers but you need to be practiced and have a guide). Also, the train station at the top of the Jungfrau mountain is a masterpiece of engineering. It was built about 100 years ago and it's still the highest train station in all of Europe.
    Zermatt on the other hand is the village from where you can best see the Matterhorn. You might have heard of the Matterhorn. It's one of the most famous mountains in the world and it's the national symbol of Switzerland:
    img.myswitzerland.com/.../angebot_zermatt.jpg
    The famous Swiss chocolate "Toblerone" was modeled after this mountain. That's why it has this triangular shape.

Apart from the mountains, you should also visit some of the cities. Zurich, Bern and Lucern all have beautiful old towns. The old town of Bern (our capital) is completely car-free and very idyllic. It has never been destroyed, so many of the houses are 600 or 700 years old. There's also a river called Aare that goes right through the old town, where you can sit and relax. Rivers and lakes are extremely clean in Switzerland, so many people (old and young) like to go swimming in the river on hot summer days.
    In Lucern, you can go on a boat cruise on the Vierwaldstädtersee, a very beautiful lake. This is in central Switzerland and it's the region where original Switzerland was founded in the late 13th century. There's big forests and mountains right next to the lake, which make the view especially pretty.

Finally, you should also not neglect the other cultural parts of Switzerland. If you want to visit the Romandie (French part), you should definitely go to Lausanne. That city also has a very unique old

• town. Geneva on the other hand is famous because it's so international and because you can find a lot of major institutions there. For example the headquarter of the international red cross and red crescent (which was founded by Swiss guy Henry Dunant) is in Geneva. One of the two main quarters of the United Nations is also in Geneva. And finally, the famous large hadron collider of the CERN research facility is also in Geneva.
      If you want to see the Ticino (Italian part of Switzerland), I recommend visiting Lugano and Locarno. Both are pretty towns but I personally like Lugano even more. There's also a pretty lake where you can go swimming in the summer or just go for a walk. It's also just interesting because the atmosphere in each cultural part of Switzerland is quite unique. For example being in Lugano feels very different from being in Zurich or being in Geneva. And of course you'll also hear a different language :-).

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm from the US.

• where exactly are you from and what do you think people should do / experience? :)

• I'm on the east coast. You can visit the harbor around here and shop in the area. There are plenty of beaches to visit anywhere from an hour to three hours away, depending on where you want to go. You can visit some historical sites around here, too.

What Guys Said 14

• I am from India.

• England. I wouldn't recommend visiting anywhere as I find the best experiences are when you discover places for your self. It's like an adventure

• I'm from America and I definitely think you should visit New York

• Miami FL USA

• so.. what do you think people should experience in there?
      just wanna know ur recommendations

• We have Beaches, five star hotels next to south beach. We have great shopping and malls, we have upscale in door and out door restaurants. We have world class sport teams. We have the everglades national park with thousands of alligators free in the wild. We have a beautiful zoo. And so much more I could tell you. We have many tourists hangout areas

• im from pakistan, and people should eat pakistani food when they visit my country because its good.

• I was gonna say the same thing especially about biryani 😀

• @candyaurora i think Misbah should be afforded the same respect the great Imran Khan got. what Misbah has achieved with the Pakistan team is amazing. Also Younis Khan, after all the tragedy he has gone through, what an amazing man.

let me exalt- Pakistan Zindabad! ( in my strong Irish accent )

• @candyaurora Let me afford a heartfelt apology on behalf of the outside world for how shamefully Pakistan has been treated. Particularly after that terrible flood a while back- it was shameful how few cared.

Pakistan people, like all Desi people have such beautiful hearts

• Britain, run, run quickly, shit's going down.

• California, usa.
    -beaches
    -Hollywood
    -concerts
    -theme parks

• Murica

• Aapar kabar?

Derry, Ireland but usually live in Australia

• Hey, you! i remember you hahha...
      so.. what do you think people should do or experience in Ireland? or... in Derry. :p
      i am curious haha...

• slama datang :)

• Russia.

The most badass country in the world.

• Your president makes your country looks badass. in a good way :D
      I like your president, handsome & charismatic hahah...

Hey, could you tell me what you think people should do or experience in Russia? :)

• Hahah... hey, don't underestimate my basic geography knowledge.. :p
      yeah, ur country is abssss... solutely MASSIVE... fhuuhh...

Where exactly are you from in russia, then you can tell me more specifically what people should experience in your place :p

• Pskov (deep west). Relatively small and calm city. Very nice if you want to relax without having loads of people around you, while having both nature and cultural aspects to check out. Variety is quite impressive.

• I m from and live in Turkey

• Murica

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• tokyo, japan

onsen, tea ceremony, geisha photo studio

• always wanna try onsen.
      what is the best spot to experience onsen? i love peaceful and quiet area.. with hills or mountain around it haha

• @asker: You should visit Hakone then. I was there with a friend and it was very beautiful. It's a small town in the mountains in the region of Kanto, close to mount Fuji (you can see mount Fuji from Hakone when the weather is nice). It's very, very peaceful and quiet there. The air is fresh and the nature is very pretty. There is also a beautiful lake called Lake Ashi. And there's a very nice hotel where they have a wonderful onsen. It's best to visit this place for 3 days or so because it takes quite a long time to get there by train (because it's in the mountains). It's also just nicer this way because you can really relax and forget about everything. My friend and I just enjoyed the onsen every morning and evening, we had some amazing Japanese food at the hotel and we went hiking at the lake. I can really recommend this place :-). I felt like newly born afterwards :-).

• hakone is nice. i prefer onsen in izu next to the ocean

• I'm originally from Iran

• Hi, neighbour
    I'm from Malaysia, same like you, the must-do-list are:

-street food and multicultural things to see especially in Malacca, Penang and KL
    -shopping heaven in Kuala Lumpur, you can try Escape Room/Breakout room (game to escape from a room with variety of theme/mystery to be solve inside the room) in KLCC in our PETRONAS Twin Towers
    -Perhentian Island, Mabul Island (lots of beautiful islands with beautiful corals)
    -Mount Kinabalu in Sabah
    -multiracial citizens with lots of great food, as the result from the multi cultural life here (chinese, malay, indian)

• Selemat Sore Apa Kabar.
    Greetings from the United Kingdom. :)

• @Aidelwaish Where exactly are you in Indonesia, after all it's one hell of a big area. :)

• Ow... ya ya... the name of the building is Wisma 46, i myself have never been to that building LOL :D
      Did you have fun during ur trip to jakarta & bandung? i hope so.. :D

• I certainly did, and hopefully one day we may well return.
      If my memory serves me right, we very frequently dined at I believe Batts ( or bats) restaurant and dance at tanimura nightclub, which I believe is now closed down.
      We also visit some sulphur mountains or something similar which was also fascinating.
      Of course we also took a very, very long trip to Komodo Island, which was absolutely unbelievable, it's something that I shall remember for the rest of my life. :)

• I'm from Turkey

• Denmark. Dont come here though. It's an amazing country, but there's very little for foreigners to see. Also the weathers always bad. And everythings super expensive because of taxes

• haha, why only few places to see? what i only know is nyhavn and the little mermaid statue :p

• We dont do anything. When we're not working/going to school, we can all be found in fitness centres, in parks walking our dogs, at home watching tv or at a cafe drinking fancy sounding coffee.

Many people are obsessed with their health so they're either exercising or baking "stenalderbrød" which is some crazy healthy bread.

• @asker: You could go to Hobro for example. That's a small town in the north of Denmark. There's a Danish guy who spent the last 20 years of his life building a huge, artificial world atlas in a lake. You can basically walk around the world and it just takes you about 1 hour ;-). It's pretty cool if you wanna have a relaxed day trip. Here's a photo:
      pop.h-cdn.co/.../...448384855-map-of-the-world.jpg
      When you're done walking around the world, there's a shop where you can buy an ice cream or something like that :-).

Also, the old town of Copenhagen is very pretty :-).