Help coping with loss of loved one?

I lost my cat about 6 months ago.. it was very sudden and I'm still having a hard time. Most people don't understand and brush it off since he was an "animal" but he truly was my best friend and soul mate. I have never felt such a love and connection towards another living being. It's like we were made for each other, and he adored me just as much as I love him. I went through the most difficult time of my life with him and I know for a fact I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for him, he was my rock battling clinical depression and dealing with abusive relationships. He was the one I would go to when in pain and my reason for staying when I had resolved to die and he is the only one capable of brightening my day and helping me "forget" my depression, if only for a little while. I have always been able to cope with death fairly well since I know it's just a part of life and nothing to be sad over or afraid of. I mostly feel so immensely blessed just to have had him in my life. Even now I think of him daily and memories of him fill me with love. I just feel like a very important piece of me has been taken away, I feel hollow, lost, and I just miss him so immensely. I'm trying to spend the time I have with my animals that are still here but no one could ever replace him or fill this hole in my heart. I don't really know what I'm asking for.. I know I will always miss him and think of him, I will always cherish the time I spent with him and my love and appreciation for him will only grow. All the being miserable, crying nonstop, not eating, constant sleeping, disorientation and much more from the grieving process has been over. Life keeps going until it ends after all but the empty feeling I have won't go away. Life just feels wrong, everything feels wrong when he's not here. It just makes me hope that spirits are real and he's cuddling up next to me in another dimension. Even if its just wishful thinking, it eases my mind and makes me feel closer to him.

0|0
0|1

What Guys Said 1

• \_____ HUGZ _____/

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.