Do people sometimes find effeminate guys funny/weird?

Basically I'm feminine looking guy. I've been being called beautiful by random people, but at the same time people told me I look girly. Whenever I go out, I've noticed middle aged/old women, they kind of stare at me with smiley face. But, its really hard to understand whether they are fancying me or behind their smile they are mocking me. Also groups of young girls without any reason giggle looking at me. More than that, old men quite often stare at me with blank expression.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't speak for other people but I don't see what is so funny and weird about an effeminate guy. He's just being himself.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're nice, but sorry to destroy or maybe hurt your feelings, the men are thinking bad things of you about you being gay or you being a waste of man that could get a attractive girl in your same level or even better, the girls could be attracted for you maybe or seeing how you behave. I'm a brazilian and my mind is based in my country, i don't know about yur country.

To be honest, when i see a guy that i think it's handsome, have nice hair, eyes, face, non-fat body, and he is gay or looks gay for me, i feel some sort of sadness because i think he would be attractive and could get girls, his children would looks cute, that is a waste of man, but you looks like a nice guy, so i don't want to hurt your feelings, i support you and i want good things for your life don't matter what you prefer.

• When the gay is ugly i only think that he is disgusting and i don't even feel sad for him, when the gay is a guy that i wanted to look in the same way than him, he is attractive and could be with a girl, have beautiful babies but he is gay, i feel a little bit sad because i think maybe is some sort of waste of guy, but when i discover that you're a good person i really still wanting good things for your life.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 9

• Personally, I find feminine guys cute. I don't look particularly feminine myself but I do have a rather feminine personality. So I don't see any problem with it ;-).

• Yep, some do.

It's similar to the "Uncanny Valley" sensation. Something you encounter is perceived as not quite one end or the other of the spectrum , the brain doesn't know exactly how to register it, so there is some unease.

I feel this way sometimes when seeing a girlish guy. But it doesn't have much influence in my interaction with them.

• I'm a mix of effeminate and masculine. I am masculine tall at 6'2" but effeminately thin at only 166 lbs. And I look pretty girly with my long hair.

I'm a rather meek and mild mannered person, but I love aggressive things like moshing, horror slasher films, heavy metal, and industrial music.

• No lol. Women for the most part won't respect you if you look and act feminine. The same goes for a woman that looks and acts masculine. Common sense boyo.

• You probably look like a fairy or a really gay feminine dude, sounds harsh in my opinion sorry

• i dont
    but some yes

• People are weird, man.

• Attractive more like

• It's the same for women who look masculine. People will find it funny/weird and joke "is that a man or a woman? I can't tell". While there will be some exceptions most women prefer a masculine man. There are things you can do to look more masculine.