What do you think of people with a ton of middle names?

Like a first name and 5 or 6+ middle name and a double barreled surname. Is it really weird? Or do you think their parents were idiots?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can understand trying to pass on tradition by naming someone after someone else, but this is a individual person, not the 5th Sir James as he is so named or whatever. Other people who hyphenate their last names are like they don't want to fully plunge into being married and want to keep one foot out of the pool still on single soil!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• I guess if you're the honorable Earl of Gloucestershire and you spend your August vacation at your summer residence in Northumbria going for walks in the vast gardens, dressed in a vest and a stovepipe hat, or riding your horse through the forest and making a battue with your friends, it's acceptable.
    For everyone else, it just comes off as unnecessarily silly and pretentious.

• I thought I was a bit odd with 3 middle names but I pale in comparison to @Omar5881 and his 6 middle names (but at least he has a reasons), my parents just did it for the heck of it.

• It's kinda a thing we do in the country side for the big families like a pride for our names

• Yes, their parents were idiots of the highest magnitude!

• I think that they must be really fancy because ever their names have names.

• Depends on where they're from. If they're from a Spanish or Portugese background, it's common.

If they're of British ancestry then it's pretty tacky because odds are they aren't from the aristocracy.

• I got 6 middle names lol , its just to know your family my family is big in my country and we come from the country side so I need to know my full exact name , but exhausting when you wrote your name 😂

• I'd honestly think they're lucky, they got so many options for a nickname lol

• I know of people with two middle names at most (I almost did), any more than that is ridiculous.

• i have met people with a lot of names but they were all royalty.

• Parents had issues

• no to both questions.
    it's all about states and notability.

you don't have to socialize with us if you don't like it
    we don't take the piss about how the general public name their children

What Girls Said 2

• I have 3, what do you think of THAT? @Asker

• Those people come from noble or wannabe noble families. Most are pretentious snobs.