If Hillary Clinton is elected as the first female president in November, what will Bill Clinton be called?

If Hillary Clinton is elected as the first female president in November, it will mark a watershed moment in United States history.

And in the shadow of this accomplishment, the country will reach another (albeit less important) milestone: Bill Clinton will become the first male spouse of a US president.

The term "first lady" will not suffice. So what to call Bill?

• first dude
  • first husband
  • first gentleman
  • first man
  • former president

Most Helpful Girl

• I think former president who fucked fat chicks instead of doing his duties then lied to the people about it and taught his wife how to lie and made her even better than him would be a good nickname

What Girls Said 47

• Monica called him "daddy. "

• First President to get a BJ from an Intern and actually get caught for it

• I would think first gentleman is the most appropriate title. It seems like certain words have their pairings to match like man and woman, female and male, lady and gentleman, boy and girl, chick and dude, etc.

Since the wives are called first ladies it only makes sense for him to be called a first gentleman.

• Maybe first gentleman or first lord.

• First Gentleman? First Mate? I really don't know lol. He was a former President too, so I'm not sure if they keep that "Mr. President" label even after they're out of office. I've heard people call even past Presidents that, when they greet them.

• Lol at first dude. I don't think a name is necessary but people say "former president" which is understandable. I'd like first man

• Former president

• If the wives of the presidents were titled first lady it only makes since for the husband to be titled first man.

• The first gentleman of course :P

• Lol wtf first dude?

In my eyes let split them into different people - unlinked by anything. Forget he was president.

If all women have been first "lady" not "dudette" or "bitch" or "lady features" or "pussy wagon", this rules out your first. Also, they weren't marrying the country so they aren't first wife. Women are "First Lady" I assume because you have no monarchy or heirarchy system so lady is the highest you can be without be knighted/appointed from above.
    Under this thought a man would be first gentleman as it refers to a higher class (after all she's not first woman).

His previous presidency has nothing to do with the official terminology for the future, it's a coincidence.

• First Gentleman. The wives are not called "First Woman", so calling him "First Man" would not equate the title of "First Lady". If we were in a country with titles consisting or "Lords" and "Ladies", then he would be called "Lord", I guess. In America, we address people as "Ladies and Gentlemen" and he would be the husband of the First Lady (or Lady in Charge); therefore, the term " First Gentleman" would be most appropriate. Of course, he is referred to as "Former President, Bill Clinton" and is most likely still called "Mr. President" when spoken to.

• Probably the first gentleman... even though he is a piece of shit.

• first husband?

• Isn't that written somewhere in the protocol?

• The First Man

• Technically Lord, but I think most people are gonna stick with former president

• To me former president.

• Good question!

I think he should be called either "First Gentleman" or "Former President".

• Lets see if he gets caught cheating this time

• first dude bahahahha

• Where is first loser? lol, I just think he would be called former president.

• lol. that man is no loser.

• mmmm I dont know... I dont have a lot of faith in her.

• I'm curious, what did he do to "put us in hell"? Bush did much, much worse

• I think they all sound stupid 😂 Can we just keep man presidents 💀

• Most likely first man

• lol the last one sounds better

• first gentleman

• First gentleman, I suppose.

• First man... I don't know gentleman seems too long and doesn't have a ring to it

• I like the sound of First Gentleman but it will most likely be First Man I think.

• I voted first man. But i actually think they will say "former president"

• First Lord?

• More from Girls
    17

What Guys Said 16

• Former President. He would keep that title since it's a much higher title than whatever the spouse would be called. Calling him first whatever would be like giving him a demotion.

As far as duties, I doubt if he would have the typical pet project that's been traditional for the first lady. He already has his thing going and will continue doing it.

As far as diplomacy and foreign visit's, I assume he'd accompany her at times. I could almost see that causing a conflict of interest since he already has diplomatic ties with foreign dignitaries, and I assume has kept up with some of those. Ex-presidents tend to continue being involved in foreign affairs after they leave office.

His and her policies did not always align. He was a lot more moderate than she is. I could see that causing some uncomfortable situations when they go on diplomatic trips. He might even travel less with her than spouses did in the past, because it could draw attention away from her, when the focus should be on the president.

• First man

• I think official title is "First Gentleman" but I think Bill will give it a nickname, have fun with it if it happens. Don't forget he is still entitled to be called "President" so which title gets priority, there will be some very confused diplomats out there, again if it happens.

• First fuckboi

• Bill would be first rapist in office.

But we won't have to worry about that because neither Bill nor Hillary are going to be setting foot in the oval office again.

• The First Rapist?

• Cuck

• According to the Secret Service he will be first gentleman.

• He would, by protocol, be referred to as "Former President." When speaking directly to him, he would be addressed as "Mr. President." It's a title kept for life.

• First man filler

• husband of cheating bitch thats whats he's gonna be called.

• first cuckold

• Pretty much irrelevant though because it ain't gonna happen.

• I don't think you call them "former president." I'm pretty sure you still call him "Mr. President"