Am I lame? Truth hurts but go for it?

Well I go to college full time and I have no life. My parents are strict and spending 5 dollars is a crisis. I can't do anything without being bitched at for hours to weeks. So I don't do anything. I don't have a boyfriend because my parents are strict. They want me in at 10. I don't have any friends because I can't do anything with them. It's always been like this and I just stopped trying to have a life or fun. My life consists of TV and books... guys get so mad at me because I turn them down. My friends get mad because I don't try to even negotiate with my parents.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wuuuut you don't negotiate? I'm on your friends' side. You should voice your opinion.
    Also, it's perfectly possible to have a drink, watch a movie and be back at 10 ^^

But also. Be good. I mean, behave. Be a good kid, show them that they can trust you. Just like me, they should slowly give you more and more freedom as you earn their trust

• I'm always the good book worm.. I wanted to stay and talk to an old friend and they wouldn't let me..

• I can. But have to leave by 8:00. I have to be carful what I do and say

• Better than nothing

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell your parents that they need to help you grow as an adult. Kind of like how mommy birds push their babies off the nest to teach them how to fly.

What Guys Said 2

• Your friends are right. Try to negotiate with your parents. Try to get another family member to moderate a discussion so it's not just you vs them, if you can.

• I don't have any friends now. They make me look bad. They tell everyone she can do whatever she wants. Then when I do leave without them. They're up in my face screaming when. I get back few hours later because I didn't answer a call..

• ? You mean thy are a minority ethnicity? I thought so.. Peodple in the mainstream in the US are way too lax with their kids!

• No saying I can do whatever and freaking out about it. I don't know if they are or not. Usa, white, not religious.

• You're just a person with strict parents. The reality is you'll finish your degree in a few years (which will go by so fast) then you'll get a job that can support you and then you'll break free and live your own life the way you see fit...

• I hope. I feel like a goody goody.. I don't do fun things. It's programmed in my head that bad things will happen because that's what they do.

• Sounds reasonable. :)

• Never done it but it looks fun!

What Girls Said 1

• you can move out.

• I have. They were there every single day and wouldn't leave. They were even more on my case.

• sorry you have to not give them your keys to your apt. once you moved out...

• I didn't. That's the sad part. My dad broke my door and payed for it. But got a key without my knowledge after he replaced the door.