Did you Air Conditionings are sexist?

Most Helpful Guy

• People find the most ridiculous reasons to get offended and feel oppressed.

Most Helpful Girl

• I freeze my nips off everywhere-the temp is regulated for the Others.
    crowdink.com/.../white-walkers.jpg
    And I agree, it IS really uncomfortable when the room is ridiculously cold. And yes, haha, that IS exactly my reality. It's so freakin cold everywhere. I always have to bring a jacket to THAT class or else I'm so cold I can't focus.
    notable.ca/.../woman-cold.png
    I wouldn't go so far to say it's sexist, but she talked as if there's a scientific study to back up that women DO get cold easier than men and that work places are often set at a comfortable temperature for men.

• Women do get cold easier. Its nothing new and no groundbreaking insight since this is known for a few decades already.

• My point is that its not groundbreaking. Nothing else.

And considering the temperature in a workplace is naturally the question coming up just like you saying it is too cold - men then can say it is too warm. So how do you cater to? Colder is simply more advantageous, because first of all its easier to dress accordingly and secondly it helps when there are more people within the officie than usual.

I mean I get you, being cold sucks - but someone has to have the short end of the stick.

• @FakeName123 There's always a middle ground-men don't have to wear suits, the temperature can be set in the middle, and a slightly higher temp can be nice on the bill if outside is very warm.

What Guys Said 17

• man they'll do research on anything these days

well obviously a/c isn't sexist but i guess the issue is more along the lines of is climate control in office sexist if and when it seems to concern itself more with the needs of men

so sure i suppose in some offices this is the case. I think offices tend to keep ti cooler more often than not to keep people awake and alert

• @fearless_banana

You have to be fucking kidding me? a sexist air conditioner really is this what we've been reduced to?

• It's ok, won't be long now until Fat Acceptance ensures all the Feminists are nice and cozy warm at the office, regardless of the AC unit.

• Are they serious?

• Those misogynistic office assholes

• These women have no life what do ever... Such losers! I am dying and laughing over here... Hahahahaha 😂😂
    Making a mess on the smallest things... LOL

Seriously these women all should get a life

• No, and further more, the air conditioner was invented by a genius named Dr. Willis Carrier back in 1902.

• Great video. The more ridiculous those SJWs act the sooner people will learn to ignore them and throw their opinions into garbage.

• You guys bitch about the stupidest things, lol. You wanna control the a. c? Learn to work it.

• Uhm no.

• Is this real life OP?

• Yes I saw this. lol

• Another dumb ass questionot. Smh

• oh my godddddd.. can somebody please take me out to the barn and shoot me execution style? im begging you

• this is why parents shouldn't do crack

What Girls Said 15

• Nah, I think it's utter bullshit. Some stupid woman was shouting about it on tv a while back.

Men are extremely limited in what is deemed acceptable work wear, women on the other hand have all sorts of different clothes which are office appropriate. That includes boots, jumpers, dresses, sandals, trousers and skirts. Women can dress appropriately to suit the temperature while men are usually restricted to shirts and trousers. Shirts and trousers are hot! They aren't comfortable and they get sticky and clammy.

These women need to shut the fuck up and put a jumper on, simple as that... sexist my arse.

• Women tend to have less flesh/fat on their hands than men so they feel cold more often (as the temperature of your hands is most people's indicator for their comfortable temperature). Furthermore, men wear the same amount of clothing in an office year-round, so come summer, they would be warmer given all their layers. Personally, I think that companies should relax their dress codes in the summer so that the air-conditioning could be turned down from a purely economic standpoint. It's a waste of money to blast the air-conditioning to the point where people need to wear winter clothes to feel comfortable when it's scorching outside.

• Not sexist, but it is one of those little things that makes sharing an office with the opposite sex annoying. I've learned to just accept it and put a cardigan on.

• Nagging females like this make it harder for us to be taken seriously on real life interrupting issues. Uggggghhhh

• Really? This makes me ashamed to be female.

• Yas. Everything is men's fault. (even though if its frequently cold you could just bring a sweater or suit jacket) women shouldn't have to change , men need to love us no matter how we look or what we do. But , with that being said men need to change everything about themselves for women and if they don't they are misogynistic assholes.

• Lol no I've never thought that before. But I am cold natured. So I'll leave the thermostat at around 76-77 but my he likes it around 74 which freezes me!

• I think more and more people are acting dumb just to appear on tv or internet... such a shame... what's next? the "push" and "pull" signs on the doors are sexist because it's objectifying women making males think about sex?

• i try to avoid using the ac

• @fearless_banana ur fave topic

• That girl should swallow an unpinned grenade.

• did you know*

• That's just messed up..

• It is sexist. I can't stand those stupid things.