Guys, how would you solve this? Love for career and spouse?

Scenario:

You love your career/ your job.
But your job demands majority of your time. It may even require for you to take several business trips a month.

This leaves very little time for you and your wife to spend quality time together.

Example: You are having a nice/ romantic ( - _ -) dinner with your wife... let's say at home, and suddenly you get a call that you must report to work right away.

Things like that happen most of the time.

So, after maybe a year or two of this, your wife breaks down and says she misses you or something... basically wants more time from you.

And says that you should go for what you love.

But you love both your career and your wife.

How would you fix it?/ or what would you do?

Neither of you wants to divorce because you both love each other.

Most Helpful Guy

• Is the job well paying enough for me to take her on the business trip with me?

• Yes.
      Wow, that was actually a good respond.
      Anyway, what if the trips actually demanded your full attention as well (on your work obv). You would still take her with you?

Noyce thanks for the MHG

welcome :)

What Guys Said 5

• Im sorry I'd choose my job. If this is what I love to do and can get me by in life then I'll have to pick this. Reasons why are pretty damn selfish and bold. So I rather not say.

• She's basically asking me to sacrifice my livelihood for her, I'd tell her I can't do that because it's necessity, I need to work to live. I'd try to cut a deal at work to travel less etc. but if that failed I'd let her go, if the majority of the time I'm available and the time we spend together is quality but she wasn't satisfied then she wouldn't be the woman for me.

• There's always time for love, and if its really love i don't see any problem.

• cell phones are for your convenience not the callers.

that's all I got

• Balance is key. Your wife deserves her time with you. Work is to support life, life is NOT to support work

What Girls Said 1

• I would take her/him along with me on business trips.