What's your biggest pet peeve?

Most Helpful Guy

• Loud noises people make. Chewing, sniffling they're nose, breathing to loud, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• I'd say it's groups of people who decide to walk in a horizontal line and block people traffic amongst the sidewalk. It's even worse when they stop in the middle of the walkway to talk in between class, providing a roadblock for others to navigate around. Then, if you squeeze past em and accidentally push on em, they'll give you that "wtf-what-a-jerk" stare lol

thumbs.dreamstime.com/.../...-talking-63864426.jpg
    ^like this but on a more narrow path and slightly less all buddy buddy

At my university, it's really quite annoying. It's a large campus and sometimes one has to really power walk to be able to get to class on time (one classroom to the next). It's people like mentioned that make me and others late for that run across campus. 😑 In high school it was bad too. I remember people blocking hallways to chat with their friends.

I always wondered if the people were oblivious that they were blocking others and pissing em off or if they recognized it and didn't care. Either way-- quite a big pet peeve.

• Oh and I should also note, that the more people in a group, the slower one walks. There was a psychological study on it. While a cellphone makes one, I wanna say, 30% slower... One person can make one walk 50% slower if I recall. The number goes up for each person in the group.

• Oh yes, that is indeed quite annoying. I have a similar thing that also annoys me but it's in the water instead of on the sidewalk. I like to go swimming as a workout because we have a lot of really nice, big, public pools in my country. Sometimes when I am swimming, there are these horizontal "blocks" of three or four usually overweight women in their 50s swimming side by side but with a speed that would made an average snail look like a formula one pilot. They basically pretend to themselves that they're getting a workout while in reality, they mostly just wanna chat and gossip to each other. It can be super annoying because there are always several large pools and at least one of them is designed to just hang out and bath while the biggest one (usually 50 meters) is designed to swim as a workout. So they could just go somewhere else and chat there. And if I try to swim around them and I accidentally splash water at them, they also give me this "Bah! How rude of him!" type of look.

• @BlueCoyote Ah man that does sound annoying. Some people really need some more self awareness smh. 😑 If they were actually trying to workout but being slow from skill level, I could understand that, but they sure sound like social swimmers through and through. I've seen enough social joggers in my life I can imagine lol

• One of my absolutely biggest pet peeves is related to couples who've just gotten together a few weeks/months ago. You see, I totally get that it's awesome to be head over heels in love. And I'm usually very happy for people who are going through these first few months of crazy butterflies-in-your-stomach type of love. After all, I have a girlfriend myself and I know awesome it is to be in a happy relationship. So things like public make-outs etc. don't bother me one bit. I think that's cute.
    However, what DOES annoy me terribly is the fact that a lot of people who've just fallen in love like crazy feel the need to brag all the time about their boyfriend/girlfriend. Like, I get it, you think your new boyfriend/girlfriend is amazing but can we please also talk about something else? Argh. For example my best guy friend has this new girlfriend and it's the first time he's in a serious relationship. So it's understandable he's super happy. But the other day we were talking and he said: "You know, one thing I really love about her is that she can express herself so well." So I said: "Yeah, that's true... I've always felt like I'm very good at it but I was indeed impressed the other day by how well she could express herself" (it was also just meant as a good-hearted compliment because I know he's crazy for his girlfriend). This could have been the end of a pleasant conversation but instead he added: "Well you know, she reads a lot". I felt slightly attacked and replied in a light-hearted manner: "Well, I study literature, so I do read a lot too. If you study literature, you HAVE to read a lot ;-)." To this, he replied: "Yes, yes, sure, but she reads A LOT." I really didn't appreciate that kind of statement. My studies are pretty tough and he himself didn't attend university, so it felt like he was putting me down just to boast about his new girlfriend.

A similar thing that also annoys the heck out of me is when people in said situation adopt new habits from their new boyfriend/girlfriend but they claim to have aaaalways liked it. For example when a girl has a new boyfriend who loves cars and suddenly she goes crazy about cars and only talks about cars all day long and when her friends say something like "Hey, since you've got this new guy, you seem pretty obsessed with cars" and she responds by saying "What the hell are you talking about? I was always interested in cars! Even as a child I already loved them!" although everyone knows that's complete bullshit.

• Here on Gag, it;s people who insist on being anonymous EVEN on questions like this one!

• I do it to irritate people like you

• people i dont know touching me or standing very close to me, and when im on stairs or walking on the streets and there's someone walking very slow infront of me.

• When someone reads mah shit and doesn't reply, or like the other guy said slow ass people in a wide line in front of you.

• Slow drivers in the fast lane and getting cut off by someone then their dumb ass decides to go slower than how fast I was going.

• 1. Being left on seen
    2. When people can't accept I'm right and they were wrong and decide to argue.

• People who force their opinions onto others.

They'll rail road over your opinion in order to try and force you to sing from their hymn sheet. I find these people intolerable.

• Flirting or purposefully sexualizing yourself when you have no intention of having sex.

What Girls Said 4

• People with a ton of pet peeves.

• Snoring. The easiest way to literally drive me insane is to put me in the same room with a snoring person. When I come out, I won't be the same.

• People using dirty rags to "clean" things. People breathing loud for no reason, eating loud, and more I can't think of right now. I know you said "biggest" but I'm not sure.

• Yelling/ talking in a loud voice.
    I can't handle loudness