What makes you think someone is a catfish?

In any sort of Internet profile, what are the telltale signs of a catfish?

Most Helpful Guy

• Best way is if you ask to facetime, or them to post a picture on snapchat and they get super fucking offended and defensive or make a ton of excuses. Sometimes you can also search the image and see if it's insanely popular.

• Also you can ask them things and see if their answer changes, If they are a catfish, they're already lying. They may tell the truth about most things, but if someone is catfishing, they're likely going to forget a few seemingly small details and their entire story may change if it was only discussed once.

Most Helpful Girl

• - Finding someone's photos online using Google reverse image search
    - Their responses seem odd for the username/person (ex., a teen girl posting explicitly sexual messages all the time).
    - They refuse to Skype or send photos to prove that they are who they say they are.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 11

• It's pretty simple actually. Just look at how recent his profile pictures were uploaded. Look at the date at which he joined Facebook, also you could try asking his friends on Facebook when they added him cuz if it falls around the the same time as you it could be signs of catfishing.

• Maybe if you ask them for a personal pic and they can't provide one that matches their profile. That's about it for me. I generally just don't care anyway.

Just as an FYI, I am not actually Rei of Nanto Suichō Ken. He's just my favorite character from Hokuto no Ken. :-D

• Ghe reality is unless you see a live video feed of them, anyone can be a cstfish. Although generally they woukd pick someone comforming to the beauty standard of the place they're interacting in.

• Behavior... If you talk to anyone long enough they slip up on all sorts of shit. Liars are never any good at keeping their story straight, and their mask always slips and exposes their motives. They also tend to avoid any form of contact other than the vehicle they started with.

• I don't know signs
    I just look at the post

One I'll always remember is the girl posting

"Just woke up" And you see her face and hair all done, with some sexy lingerie on like 'really?'

• Whiskers.

• A model-like pose and graphics

• The way they response and act

• People say I am a catfish all because of my picture
    The truth is not out there know if anyone is a catfish on here it's one picture and a cover photo

• Yeah that's probably because you're decently attractive

• @Kuraj LOL wow i just looked that name up and you're right!

• @Kuraj so u no who. I am then yer could u sit in the same room and have a beer with me her? No because your a little keyboard bass her !!!

• What is a cat fish?

• Right I'd like to know too!!

• @Jaye234 someone who's using a picture of someone else's, without their consent, and making people think it's them. Other times just using random people's pictures off the internet.

• Too nice, too perfect. Won't video chat.

What Girls Said 7

• GAG
    Creepy questions from guy A.
    Bad reception.
    New girl asks SAME creepy questions.

Facebook
    0 mutual friends.
    Lives in a state I've never been in.
    Is like 35 and asking to be a random college student's friend.

Snapchat
    Loverboi9281974
    Kylemoney128748
    1283hhf0q09k

Skype
    HaroldJenkins
    hotstudkiss8008
    69Dave

This girl added my boyfriend on snapchat and told him she would show him her breasts if he gave her money.

• I look at every single detail in their photo, and also the way that they talk and Their Manners. For example, on this dating site there's always a couple of girls that will pop up and their backgrounds will be them in the city somewhere and a very nice apartment or Loft and it claims that live in the Little itty-bitty Country Town that doesn't even have a Walmart. Boom that's how you know that's a fish out of water

• This is not a dating site lizzie..

• You should've said that then xD

• I didn't think anyone would think I meant on here. I can understand if I said "on here there is this blah blah ".. Ahaha well now you know Ahaha meant, and whoever thinks I meant what you thought then they can read this and see that I didn't :D

• no Skype
    do google reverse image search
    that person uses only one pic

• If it's a pic of a hot girl and they are too sexual on here. That's how you know it's a man lol

• I don't know what a catfish is? Lame yes but I don't really do social media.

• It's a fake profile, so usually using a picture that's not of them

• When things that they say just don't add up.

• Too many photos