Why do people say the birth of a baby is the mothers day and experience only but I though it would be the father too as it is his baby too?

why do people say the birth of a baby is the mothers day and experience only but i though it would be the fathers too as it is his baby too just wanted to see what people though on the subject

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi I think it's both their days

• I agree but some lets say women on this site disagree and out of spite reported me for asking this question

i would but u only allow people u fellow to pm u

I just followed you

What Guys Said 3

• The same reason some people feel men should have no say in or legal rights regarding both born and unborn babies. Society assumes that since the baby physically incubates and comes out of the female body, this gives your special privilege regarding the child.

• really people think that wow

• I understand but I did answer your question even if you did feel I did so indirectly. What I was basically saying in a nutshell is that our culture undermines the importance of fathers, and I was sharing some examples of that. This mentality has bleed into other areas of our society, including the one you addressed in your question. In other words, I am trying to explain where I feel the origins of this mentality comes from.

Now if what you meant to ask is why men themselves don't seem to care, then I apologize for misinterpreting your question, but it was not worded clearly then. In that case I would largely disagree. Most men I know where just as excited about their childs birth as the mother was. Maybe they experience it differently and have a different type of emotional connection to the process but that's about it.

• i agree with you and sorry for updating late as my account got frozen due to some women on here who i will not name as they did not agree with my view on the matter so they reported me

• It's still significant for him... but he isn't actually doing anything.

• The father isn't the one who is going to be almost incapable of pissing and shitting for weeks because of the ripped open vagina. Just saying.

• i know and i agree but i think he should as least get some credit on the day his baby is born as he would have help the mother through the birth

• I don't know what culture you are from but where I live that is already what happens lol

• huh?

What Girls Said 11

• Did the dad push the baby out of his body after growing it for nine months?

• OMG DID HE? :D

• @zoooot I usually agree with you but this is something that you clearly do not understand.

• "clearly"

• Why do you keep asking these questions? Are you a guy who thinks it's unfair that the mother gets the attention?

She has just fine through a MAJOR traumatic event which is both physically and mentally exhausting. The two most important things in that day are the baby and mother. Everyone else comes after that. It's really really simple to understand.

• @TakeMaker Do you know something we don't about this OP? :)

• why did you link me my own question and complete random one for and i was asking for the explanation behind the saying for birth is her day when i think it should be there day and are you so self-centered you do not know when you offend people

• Love you too asker, kisses xxxx

• It is the father's day too its just that the mother has a lot of physical and emotional trauma to go through during the labour, but its not the parents day its mainly the child's birthday and as any mother will tell you the child is the most important thing on that day.

• Because it is the woman who has carried this child for the past nine months, has experienced it and felt it growing inside her, and has now ultimately given birth and brought it into the world.
    A mothers bond to her baby will always be stronger than that of the father.

• i do not disagree but i would have though it would have been both their day as it is the day they are having their baby they made together

• As I've already mentioned within @TakeMaker comments/opinions I have wasted enough time with you.
      We must simply agree to differ and leave it there. Period.
      I will however wish you a lovely day upon your wedding, and may you enjoy being the wallflower in the background.

• like your groom will be at your wedding lol i bet he will love you for that i see your marriage lasting 2 maybe 3 years tops as you have to be center of attention don't you and he will resent you for it trust me i was like you until i woke up to reality i lost my boyfriend my family all becoaue i wanted to be center of attention so carry on and see what happens shell we

• Dear god. Not you again.

A father cannot experience the birth of a child in the same way because of simple biology. Some people believe that the mother-child bond is the strongest parental bond because the child was literally carried inside the mother for almost a year, and then she had to go through hell to deliver that child. The father has no such thing. He merely contributed a little DNA to get the process started. Humans are fairly unique in that the father is expected to stick around. That doesn't happen for a lot of other animals.

So while the birth of a child is going to be a huge moment for everyone involved, the mother has the most work. She gets to be the star of the day because she is the one pushing a watermelon out of a hole the size of a quarter.

• just don't ok i have already been verbally abused today and been crying my eyes out so just don't please just let be me for just one day as i may have just lost a close friend

• You need to toughen up, darling. You also need to stop asking foolish questions.

• and u need to realize people have different views than u and u do know a baby is made from both the man and women so it is a day for the couple cuz without the man no baby would be there

• i agree with it

• Because people are stupid.

• Because all he did was cum, wait, and watch.

• But why do u think that as it is both their child so it should be the day of the couple like a wedding is

• Because she put in the time, surrendered her body, endured the pain, agreed to putting her life and plans on hold, and committed herself to seeing the pregnancy through to the end. Mr. Wait and Watch earned a mere handshake and a pat on the back just for being in the room.

Weddings are about the couple but the main focus is usually on the bride. All he has to do is show up and say "I do."

• but he will be putting his life on hold to help her through the pregnancy and be her physical and emotional support plus he will help with getting ready for their coming baby together and help and support her through the labor and birth too

• Most people say stupid things because most people are stupid

• All hail fathers who had a moment of hopefully passion and dropped in some sperm that helped create life, but a father's job doesn't begin in earnest until he has actually had to do something to take care of that child. A mother has had to grow this thing inside her for 9 terrifying months with all this pressure to make sure she is healthy so teh baby is healthy with so many thinks that could go wrong, and then endure 8, 10, 20 hours, 2-3 days of labor, to bring a child onto planet earth. Any decent human being can recognize that perhaps after this most stressful and physically taxing 9 months and most painful birth has gone down, that it's not the best idea... it's not even a half-way decent idea, for a father to stand up and start taking massive credit for everything he has done. It IS the mother's day. Holding the future mother's hand in labor is something any decent future father should do, but it doesn't deserve a plaque on the wall. I mean, I've never run into a dad who was like, gee I wish the birth of my child had been more about me, and the ones that have are no longer with us, lol.

but do u not realize that without the man the baby would never be born and u seem to think men are nothing more than sperm donors and i am not saying he take all the credit and any decent women would not take the joy of his child birth from him as it should the day of the couple like a wedding is as it is the day THEIR child is born that they BOTH made but u do not see that do u as no mane wants to be treated as he does not matter on the day his own child is born

I don't think you get it. A guy can be as happy as he likes and hopefully he is on the day his child or children are born, but it is neither the time, nor place, for him to make the day about him and not the child or the mother of his child or children. I've never met a man who would even think that. Good fathers are nothing but thankful and happy to their wives/gf's on that day and they show this by making sure she and the baby/babies are comfortable and that their significant other has everything she needs because they recognize the gift that has been given to them and the sacrifice and pain the mother has gone through. Both mother and father share in the joy of the baby hopefully being born healthy, but the father only has to sit and wait---the mother has so much to do and go through on that day so by virtue of that, the day is mainly focused on her. Why would the hospital/family be focused on him? He's not giving birth. I really don't know why this is all so hard to grasp.

i do not think you understand as if the father is pushed out of the birth of not being part of the day of his childs birth he may not bond with his child as he will think hold on a sec why should i even be bonding with this baby if i do not even get some credit no matter how small it is on the day the baby is born that me and my gf/wife made TOGETHER is does not have to be big just well do here and there for bring in the room and helping is all i ask fathers should get at least and i do not know maybe a congratulations for just becomeing a father maybe

• Who says that?

well looks like every women on this site lol