What do you think it means to be a full grown adult that has truly grown up and matured?

Are you still a kid or are you an adult? Do you want to be an adult? What makes you one?

Most Helpful Guy

• It means you realize that you will always be a "kid" and that maturity is synonymous with wisdom and therefore a lifelong pursuit.

It's when you stop ignoring your problems and learn to be honest with yourself. It's when you can compassionately put yourself in another person's shoes even when they have wronged you. It's about learning to simply be, and let be and knowing when it's appropriate to interject.

Patience too. but most of all, it's about knowing that you are always trying to mature and further yourself as a person.

Most Helpful Girl

• A person who is a fully matured adult is someone who takes responsibility for their behavior and their actions, no matter how much it pains them to do so.

What Guys Said 12

• Being mature means not angering people around you with irresponsible or abusive behavior, causing people trouble by discussing sensitive topics concerning them with their friends and family.

Also, not being childish by pinching them inappropriately.

And not being so focused on people's looks that they are made uncomfortable.

I have a long way to go myself to be an adult!

• My question is, who wants to be that? Nobody fully matures they just speak about grown up things, people always want to have fun, and that will ne er change.

• I think when you move out and experience life for yourself. Taking care of responsibilities for yourself.

• i think it means when you realize all your mistakes and try to improve them and you make sacrifices and you make compromises.

• i am probably mature as fuck, old people complain about taxes and health care and i find myself complaining about these things too. that must be because i am mature now.

• I'm 40 I still have no clue. I work I pay my bills I take care of my kids. I guess it's that. But I still feel like I'm 18. So your guess is as good as mine.

• Being an adult means being able to stand on your own two feet, being able to make the right decisions at the right times and it means being able to take responsibility for your actions and decisions.

• Pfffft... hell if I know!

• a thicker skin, a more rational mind, and a cold comfort about other's flaws and hipocrisy

• Must be aware of your own death

• I'm a kid at heart but an adult because of life experiences and responsibilities

• No matter how many times I fart, I still have to pay taxes :(

What Girls Said 6

• An adult is somebody who takes care of and handles their responsibilities. One who doesn't run away when things get worse in their life, someone who fights to have a better future. Adult has nothing to do with age. Adulthood has to do with your mentality. There is a difference between someone who is innocent, naive or have a childlike mindset. I have seen plenty of so-called adults over 18+ - 60's and they still to this day behave like their teenagers or should I say immature teenagers. Those who behaves like that have a regressed mindset. They are very unhealthy, and I cannot tolerate being around such a person. I rather be involved with someone who is young at heart, but can handle their responsibilities when they know that they have to work, go to school, pay bills and raise their families.

• I think one becomes an adult when they stop relying upon others to solve their own life problems and when you begin to stop relying on others to support them without a means to an end.

• I think an adult is someone who passes all the legal requirements driving, voting, drinking AND stands on their own two feet (not living at home, parents not paying bills etc) being a grown up requires more like the ability to interact with society in a cohesive manner.

• Responsibilities as an adult are different. I can still be young at heart and have fun, but I am also responsible.

• I have no idea since most adults still act like kids from time to time.

Mentally I'm not.

• I think when you're able to support yourself financially, you know your own mind and aren't easily swayed by popular belief.