Are you a confident person?

Has it always been like that? If you changed it... how?

I know it might depend on a couple of things... but generally speaking.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the day, but mostly, yes I think I am. I was pretty insecure one, two maybe thee years ago, but I think that's really common among teens when we're growing up and are trying to find ourselves and who we are. That can be pretty confusing, which makes a lot of people insecure about themselves during the transition between being a child and an adult. I think most people get more confident when they get older. Is that true? :P

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm quietly confident. Don't need to either shout it or downplay it.

I think I've always been like that, my dad is old school and an absolute tower of confidence. Even at 28 and despite him being 4 inches shorter he still makes me feel safer just by standing around him. He brought me up in the same way.

What Girls Said 23

• I am now, but I wasn't always.

I couldn't tell you exactly when it flipped but it has been within the last three years I'd say. I basically just got tired of feeling like shit, being treated like shit, and began sticking up for myself. When I did that, I realized that most people are cowards, slowly building my confidence. With that confidence I had enough personal positivity to actually identify my personal strengths and weaknesses instead of pitifully telling myself I was worthless or good at nothing, only adding to my confidence more.

It sort of just took off from there.

• I'm a very confident person, but I'm also sensitive as well. I'm very sensitive to peoples needs and wants, so I try to accommodate to whoever that needs my help. I have always been that way. When I was a toddler and little girl I was shy at times, but if I didn't like certain people, I wouldn't be involved with you. Though I do love to be around people. Life is always a struggle. But sometimes what people say about me tend to make my confidence waver a bit, I'm not going to lie about that. But as a young adult I had to stop allowing other people to determine my life and how I choose to live.

• No, especially not in front of peers. But I think I've grown a lot in the past 2 months just because I have my first job as a hostess at a restaurant now so that forces me to talk to more people, such as co-workers, bosses, customers, etc.

• Yes I'm a confident person.
    Growing up, I was shy and I always let people kinda control me and ruin my self esteem. However I was always confident in who I am and what I want in life.

As I grew older I learnt that people who treated me that way, are insecure. And us as humans, all have insecurities. What's important is to accept them and live life for yourself. Honestly just flaunt who I am, haha. And that's pretty much what makes me confident today :)

• not very confident when i was younger. success went over my head and i had the world for sometime.
    things have been going downhill for the past few years between my family, job, and now health..
    now i am broken in some ways... it is hurting me.. I am not sure how much
    I will try to look at the positive

• No but I am working on it

• Reading self help books on how to make friends, how to have boundaries, how to forgive, I am also thinking of picking up guitar

• okay thanks, good luck with that :)

• Surprisingly, I am much better than a few years ago. Just a few days ago, a friend asked me my biggest insecurity and it took me a few minutes before I said, "my butt could be bigger. I guess" but I am sensitive.

• Yes... outwardly
    +
    No... inwardly

ie: My confidence is forever affected by my past + personal dramas that are beyond my control + my mood at the time.

• In ther overall... No.

Some days are better than others, but in the end of the day, I'm really not confident as a person.
    But I hope I will be one day.

• Yes.

• Depends but I still struggle at times.

• I've been confident since I was a teen. It didn't come easily though. I had a negative self-image, and I didn't have many friends... but I decided to do something about it and I worked my way to being what I am today.

• Nope :/

• I'd say I am, I only get more confident as time goes on.

• Not at all. I try to be sometimes, though. Fake it till you make it ey

• nope

• Not yet
    There are a lot of things that still scare me away
    But hope this will change with time

• Not yet. There are many things I'm working on changing for the better.

• Yeah.

• Depending on the situation.

• nope. i have practically NO confidence :(

• When i was younger, I was overflowing with confidence. Heck, when I was nine I told a guy I had a huge crush on him. But turns out he had a girlfriend... It was awkward, and I became really really shy. My confidence was crushed.

Then as life went on, I became more and more confident. But I'm still really shy around guys I like. So, no more telling guys I like them..

I wish I could get that confidence back, but I doubt that will happen.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 21

• Yes, I am a confident person.

• Honestly I've always been confident, I've been turn down loads and disapppinted loads and cheat a few times but thanks to being a aries its in me to be confident sometimes i can't even hwlp it most people dont like that about me but im just being me..

• In what I know how to do and what I'm skilled or knowledgeable in of course, not generally when it comes to things I'm not knowledgeable or skilled in.

• Yes, It's because I had to be. My dad was in Military and he'd get transfered every couple of years and I had to move with him so I changed a total of 7 schools in 12 years. New place , new people, everything kept changing regularly so I had to be confident to make friends , established myself everywhere I went. So that's how it was with me.
    Just fake it, till you make it 👍

• I have my "off-days", but yes.

• Not really, I tend to be prudent.

• As of late, I have become one. I used to by hyper shy. Now I just dgaf anymore.

• as you get older you tend to run out of fucks to give
      I have fewer and fewer each year

• Yes. Hasn't been like that though. I surrounded myself with friends I was comfortable with. One of them is extremely outgoing and it kind of rubbed off on me.

• Extremely insecure. That's why I lift.

• No, I am very shy, very reserved and because I'm a 27 year old virgin that cannot get laid for shit, I am insecure af.

• not really

• To a Narcissistic degree, yes :)

Not really that perverse, but I am a big lover of self :p

• Confident on the internet, coward irl

• Yes I am now that I have completed my doomsday device.

• Yep
    I have insecurities but still am confident 😂 LOL

• well... it depends on the day... but yes I am a confident person

• I think so

• Eh depends.

• Yup. Yup.

• I can be very confident and its off putting. I am aware

• Im comfortable with myself, yeah. How? I've been through a lot. The main thing is my weight. I was always chubby and i got bullied on. Not physically but emotionally, being called fat albert and shit. Needless to say im adopted too, so i've built a pretty thick skin. I can tell people are comfortable and feel protected when they are with me. Till this day im still abit chubby (not as bad as before since i've grown). I could care less about what someone bullies or teases me about my weight. It's great because im a confident person now, whereas most people still struggle to accept themselves for who they are (on the outside and the inside). I get the feeling people can "feel" my confidence when I'm out and about