To put more detail:
The first option is that you believe the flood myth as it was told in the bible.
The second option is for people who are theists in that they believe in a deity who has power over us but don't think any religion has the right interpretation. It means that you believe that this deity created a flood and it's from that that you believe all flood myths come
The third option is that you think that the Sumerian flood myth was the original
And it's from this that all flood myths in the region come
The fourth option is that there was a flood myth that came from a flood that occurred after the advent of farming but before writing from which all the flood myths are descended.
The fifth option is that you think that the flood myths came from the black sea deluge. A shoreline was discovered on the bottom of the black sea and the theory is that there was a natural dam at the Bosporus 7600 years ago that broke creating a flood from which the flood myths came from
The sixth is that you think there was an undiscovered civilization that existed 14000+ years ago that was flooded when the ice age ended, the glaciers melted and the rising sea level flooded it.
- I believe in Noah's flood62%(5)53%(8)Vote43%(3)
- I think there was a flood created by another deity from which all flood myths come from12%(1)13%(2)Vote14%(1)
- I think the original flood myth was the Sumerian one0%(0)13%(2)Vote29%(2)
- I think the flood myths came from a flood from the agricultural era of Mesopotamia that pre-dated Sumeria0%(0)0%(0)Vote0%(0)
- I think the flood myth came from when the black sea flooded 7600 years ago0%(0)0%(0)Vote0%(0)
- I think the flood legend came from an as of yet unknown ice age civilization that was flooded when the glaciers melted0%(0)0%(0)Vote0%(0)
Most Helpful Guy
I've heard it was originally an agricultural thing about floodplains0
Most Helpful Girl
I can believe that the world truly did flood but I don't believe it was during the time of humans existing. More like towards the earliest of when the earth was formed.0