Do you believe there was a global flood and where do you think the many flood myths came from?

To put more detail:
The first option is that you believe the flood myth as it was told in the bible.

The second option is for people who are theists in that they believe in a deity who has power over us but don't think any religion has the right interpretation. It means that you believe that this deity created a flood and it's from that that you believe all flood myths come

The third option is that you think that the Sumerian flood myth was the original
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumerian_creation_myth
And it's from this that all flood myths in the region come

The fourth option is that there was a flood myth that came from a flood that occurred after the advent of farming but before writing from which all the flood myths are descended.

The fifth option is that you think that the flood myths came from the black sea deluge. A shoreline was discovered on the bottom of the black sea and the theory is that there was a natural dam at the Bosporus 7600 years ago that broke creating a flood from which the flood myths came from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge_hypothesis

The sixth is that you think there was an undiscovered civilization that existed 14000+ years ago that was flooded when the ice age ended, the glaciers melted and the rising sea level flooded it.

• I believe in Noah's floodDo you believe there was a global flood and where do you think the many flood myths came from?
  • I think there was a flood created by another deity from which all flood myths come fromDo you believe there was a global flood and where do you think the many flood myths came from?
  • I think the original flood myth was the Sumerian oneDo you believe there was a global flood and where do you think the many flood myths came from?
  • I think the flood myths came from a flood from the agricultural era of Mesopotamia that pre-dated SumeriaDo you believe there was a global flood and where do you think the many flood myths came from?
  • I think the flood myth came from when the black sea flooded 7600 years ago Do you believe there was a global flood and where do you think the many flood myths came from?
  • I think the flood legend came from an as of yet unknown ice age civilization that was flooded when the glaciers melted Do you believe there was a global flood and where do you think the many flood myths came from?
  • OtherDo you believe there was a global flood and where do you think the many flood myths came from?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've heard it was originally an agricultural thing about floodplains

Most Helpful Girl

• I can believe that the world truly did flood but I don't believe it was during the time of humans existing. More like towards the earliest of when the earth was formed.

What Guys Said 5

• I think the Sumerian myth about "global flood" is the oldest, but it was probably based on the black sea flood 7600 years ago.

• I believes in Noah's ark

• There is ZERO evidence for a worldwide flood. None, nada, zilch.

• No i don't it's all Bullsh*t

• Nope it would take 2.5 times the water on earth to flood the earth deep enough to cover mt everest

What Girls Said 0