I used to support Bernie Sanders and now that he's out, im supporting Donald Trump, is that weird?

I just think Hiary would be far more disastrous for our country than trump.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not weird at all. wasn't Bernie anti establishment, wall street, big banks... pretty much everything Hilary is for.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope not at all weird a lot of Bernie supporters have gone and pledge to support Trump especially since Bernie essentially stabbed y'all in the back and sold out to the establishment.

Your smart and you made the right choice, go see the movie Hillary's America and you'll see just how evil and depraved that woman really is.

What Girls Said 10

• Well you're free to cast your vote as you like, I just don't really get it. Their policies and character are like night and day different. It'd be like going from a strictly vegan diet to full on carnivore because you don't want to be a vegetarian. I'm not a fan of Hillary, but Bernie really got her to move to more progressive positions in several key areas, so I feel better about it. She's the lesser of two evils in my opinion.

• You sound like you supported Bernie and now Trump because they're not the status quo. You're voting extreme because you want a change.

I supported Bernie and now I support Hillary. Trump is a disastrous choice. Look at all the terrorist attacks happening in France. The terrorist didn't just pick a random country. France was and still is one of the most anti Muslim countries in Europe and enacted law after law persecuting Muslims. So naturally, they became a terrorist target.

• There's another option... Johnson is the third party candidate and he's pretty sane

• I think you are smart. If you have any doubts... go see Hillary's America. You will see how evil this woman really is.

• They are polar opposite from each other, so that's a big jump. But hey its your vote. I do agree that Hilary is evil, that's why I'm voting for Gary Johnston.

• That makes me think you just go with trends and dont think for yourself

• trump lacks diplomacy but I don't think that's weird at all

• no you do you

• It's a little weird.

• Yes that's weird. You'll see the damage he'll cause and how stupid your decision is if he wins. God forbids that will happen. Don't get me wrong, Hilary isn't that great. But come on, trump? Are your fucking kidding me?

What Guys Said 16

• At this point just pick your poison. For myself, I can tolerate a loud mouthed asshole better than a scheming power-hungry liar. The Klintonistas must not return to the White House.
    So the Trumpster, not the Hildabeast.

• There's actually some important points of overlap: Both Sanders and Trump are strongly opposed to the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal that will end up shipping millions more American jobs overseas. Who gets hurt the worst by that? The middle class and those trying to get into it. Both know that the system is rigged right now and want to break through the choke holds of the special interests. Both are against stupid, unnecessary "wars of choice" abroad.

• i am Irish and a lifelong Bolshe- so merely commenting as an onlooker

-Sanders was America's great chance for better but he got stiffed

- Trump is merely just a figurehead for men behind the scenes who are tapping into his ability as a master manipulator. He is so clever in how he has used the fear card to tap into the ignorance of the masses as well as using the patriotic ra-ra-ra to get others on board. I do not think he is as evil as made out to be-more a puppet on strings

- Clinton is the one to fear, she is evil

Using my example, no, you are not weird :)

• Bernie supporter here. I don't support Trump at all, I can't stand him and would vote Jill Stein, but I have less concerns with a Trump presidency than a Clinton one.

Clinton is a capable leader, and that is what makes her a lot more scary. Trump will never build a wall, but if Clinton wanted to, she could get it done. Trump is more of a persona than an actual politician, and he has proven that he just desires to be the face of America, without actually having to do the work that a presidency requires.

Overall, I'd definitely refuse to vote for any of the two leading candidates, but yes, a Clinton presidency seems more disastrous to me. And besides, I don't think that the Democratic Party deserves to win right now, considering that they rigged the election in favour of Clinton.

• 0|0
  • No. The other option is hillary, we can't have that. Welcome to the party.

• Seems like most voting for Trump are just sick of the political establishment in general (think governor Jesse Ventura) while those voting for Clinton are just anti-Trump and not pro Hillary.

• It's actually more common than you think.
    Heck I ran into a couple of communists at my university recently and they said that they were big Bernie fans but if they lived in the US they would vote for Trump because Hillary is way worse.

• If you support Trump now, you weren't paying attention to anything Sanders was saying.

• Sanders said the system was rigged against him. Now we all know it's true because of the DNC email hack.
      So I'm voting for Trump the loud mouthed bigoted self centered sunofabitch asshole isolationist. That shrill scheming lying incompetent beeyottch and her cheating husband must never re-enter the White House.

• @RasmusAiken The one he endorsed? Do you consider yourself liberal/leftist? Who is he going to pick for the Supreme Court? I voted for Sanders, but the fact is Hilary got way more votes than he did, regardless of the emails. Trump said he'll "bomb the hell out of ISIS" doesn't sound very isolationist to me, just going to create more problems with suicide bombers in the west. Hilary had at least 10 investigations into the email scandal, and two committees cleared her. What more do you want?

Donald Trump is the opposite of Bernie Sanders.

• "Cleared her" . . . . not exactly. The FBI just didn't charge her. The FBI's Comey said, "I think she was extremely careless. I think she was negligent. That I could establish. What we can't establish is that she acted with the necessary criminal intent," he insisted. "'Should have known,' 'must have known,' 'had to know' does not get you there. You have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they knew they were engaged in something that was unlawful."

So she's certifiably negligent and careless in handling intelligence and she was deceptive and lied to the American people. (She's smart enough not to lie to the FBI.)

• You can support who ever you want just know that Hilary aligns more with Bernie them trump.

• No it is not weird. Participating in the political process is a good thing, regardless of who you support.

• Id rather vote a house plant than either.

• anybody but hillary, i like it ;)

• Anyone that would actually believe anything trump says is crazy, he's a liar, he constantly goes back on what he says and blames everyone but himself everytime he says something insane, his wife is a liar, she never even graduated from a design school plus she's not even American so when trump deports all these people is our new first lady going too? Lesser of two evils my ass. I don't care about the e-mails, all politicians fuck up at least she's smarter than trump and has a basic RESPECT for the people. Hillary for the win!

• I'm in the same boat as you.

• There are plenty of other former Bernie supporters that now support Trump, so you're not alone. I don't understand how some people think Hillary Clinton is the best choice...