Mom thinks Im doing drugs Advice?

I am not going to lie. I did use prescription drugs about a year ago to get high off of. I was going through a lot of things in my life and I was trying to cope with all of my hurt. My mom found out only because I told her about it she was pissed. She is the type of person that thinks they can read minds and know when someone is lying (when they are not). The more you try to convice her th more she thinks you are lying you have to show her evidence and have the evidence certified before she believes you😒 I went to the store and she was rambling through my things in my room and found some pills in my room on my dresser (my dad drops his pills on the floor and I pick them up to give them to her). She gets in my face screaming at me about doing drugs. I explained to her why they were in my room but she did not believe me. I even showed her more on the floor but she claims i planted them there. Its so annoying because she tells me not to do drugs but she is constantly getting high on benedryl every night getting mad at me because I ask her to stop. Advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well firstly when your dad drops his pills in future, don't keep them in your room, but rather leave them in his. It sounds like your mum is the one with the addiction and she is trying to distract from that by imprinting her addiction onto you by accusing you! What does your dad say about all of this? Can he not talk to her? Keep your room clean of any pills and try to get your mum some help if it really is an addiction she has! Good luck! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I know you say it was in the past for you using drugs, but stuff like this can come back to haunt you, and let's be honest, in the drug/lies/rehab cycle, relapse is pretty common, so it's not a surprise that your mom thinks you're back on drugs given that you were once. She might be doing drugs herself, but as a mom, she is trying to protect you the best way she knows how from perhaps following her own path. Better that then for her to just shrug her shoulders and not care about a bottle of pills she finds in her daughters room.

Is she a hypocrit, yes, but I think all of us find it easier to help someone else with their problems rather than tackle our own. There is nothing really you can do short of taking a drug test to prove yourself in the right, and to keep being honest as you have with your mom and perhaps get your dad on your side if you can seeing as how they are his pills.

Kudos to you for not getting back into pills. It takes a strong person to do that.

What Guys Said 1

• Just tell her, "why you lookin for some?"

What Girls Said 3

• Make her give you a drug test. That is probably the only way that she'll be convinced. When she gets up all in your face, remain calm and act mature. Optional: Then when she's done, tell her to search your room or better yet, get a cop with a drug sniffing dog to search your room. If you got nothing to hide, then that shouldn't be a problem.
    Hopefully she'll let you take a drug test though.

• Sounds like she wants to control your life. I might be wrong. Plus she is doing drugs also and not all drugs are bad.

• she's projecting onto you.