Why do some people feel like there always needs to be a conversation?

Why do some people feel the need to talk 24/7? Is it a sign of insecurity?

Im a really chill person and don't feel like there constantly needs to be talking going on at all times, I don't feel awkward what so ever. Some people who talk sooo much sometimes ask me why Im not saying much, this guy even asked me if I even speak English and some have asked me if Im feeling okay cause Im "so quiet". With my closest friends we don't ever ask each other that since we know that we have moments that we talk so much non stop and moments where its just kinda quiet and we just chill and listen to music, and its really not awkward. Im not actually a quiet person I just don't feel the need to talk about so much pointless shit (hence why I despise small talk). And I am actually an extrovert to some people's surprise.

Do you feel awkward if there is no conversation or a long pause of no talk? Are you a person that constantly talks all the time or are you more like me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean talking could be a sign of insecurity, but silence can too, see you can't really box people in, see me I don't talk much in real life, but sometimes it because I'm not in the mood or it could mean somethings making feel insecure or bothered, my point is you never know with people, people are different some like to talk some dont

What Guys Said 13

• Thankfully these days periods of silence are not punctuated by the sound of an old clock ticking 😂. Whenever there is a lull in the conversation now everyone just dives into their phones.

I won't lie I'm a fairly chatty person especially if it's an intelligent subject and discussion, or something relevant like the news of the day. To me it's the quiet ones who make it slightly awkward lol, because you have to constantly invite them in directly to join in the conversation and then everyone turns and looks at the person.

• I also don't feel that one needs to talk constantly to communicate. Sometimes you miss key body language or the looks people give each other if you are always trying to think of something to say.

• Yay! someone like me! lol. And a woman to! (just because I find women more like this than guys - the always needing to talk). A lot of people are uncomfortable with long pauses or silence. I wonder why people talk so much as well. But I think we are the minority. Why I'm not sure? Agree with you 100%

• Well, i like to have conversation going on. Not like 24/7 but maybe 4-5 hours or more. Not because im insecure, just for i like to have it.

• I'm the same - I'm not the type that wants to talk literally all of the time. Large periods of silence broken up by conversation are the best.

• I am definitely with you, I love peace and quiet and people who don't shut up really grind my gears. They just keep yapping away, so I just shut it out and let them talk to themselves... :)

• Yeah I'm like that way when with my family they all think I'm quiet.

• Sorry but I can't be alone with my thoughts for long
    It's scary

• I always need to be conversation It is important for example I eager to learn English but my speaking is bad :/

• I do, and I'd simply consider myself a social guy

• Exactly like you, i hate talking all the time like damn. let your mouth breathe!

• It kills the vibe in my opinion.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• I talk a lot... like I need several spots on a T. v show, but I do appreciate those non speaking moment's and people fail to realize I don't like talking all the time it pisses me off.

• i don't feel awkward unless the talking ended on a bad note. i'm a talker but i won't fill the air with meaningless chatter if there's nothing to talk about.

• No i like occasional quiet