How personal is your relationship with your landlord?

What type of situation are you in?

Most Helpful Girl

• A company owns the place. So, I've never met the 'absolute' owner. At the old place, I really disliked the ladies in the office because they were never there and just generally slack. At the new place, I dunno yet, the woman seems nice, but I've only heard about her.

• "The woman" is referring to the employee at the desk?

Is it a large corporation that owns it? How many units are the complexes?

Do you know the names of the owners of the corporation?

• I don't remember the name of the company. The woman is who showed my roommate the place, and I'm assuming she works in the office too. I mean, the company probably owns lots of sites (it's a big place with other places in the US)

Most Helpful Guy

• The place where my girlfriend and I live is rented but technically speaking, we don't have a landlord (or you could also argue that we're partially our own landlords ;-)).
    I don't know if this kind of thing even exists in the US, so I might have to explain a bit. Back in the 1910s and 1920, there was a very strong communist/socialist movement in Europe. Many of these people were poor factory workers, fucked over by the industrial revolution if you will. Social inequality was very high and due to the growing population in the big cities and the high demand for living quarters, rich landlords could charge even the most absurdly astronomical prices for their apartments. If a factory worker was too poor and couldn't afford the rent anymore, he was simply kicked out because there was always a long line of other people trying to get into that place. Here in Switzerland, this was perhaps an especially big problem because although Switzerland is now one of the 5 richest countries in the world, it was actually one of the poorest countries in the world 100 years ago.
    So being very fascinated by the idea of communism and communal living, some of these factory workers came up with a completely new idea. Basically, they put all their money together in one big pot. With this money, they went to a bank and got themselves a loan. And with this loan, they bought themselves a big apartment complex. The awesome trick about this system is that it's completely non-profit. Every family got their apartment and they paid rent to the community but just enough to keep the place nice and running. The communities organized themselves in a direct-democratic way, so it became a tradition to have a big get-together once a year, where the community decided on important issues. Every adult had one vote, including women. So for example if some people wanted a nice, new playground for the kids, the community would discuss it and if a majority of at least 51% agreed, the playground was built from a pot that everyone put money into.

Today, this concept still exists and it has expanded dramatically. The idea has become enormously popular, not just among working class people but also among middle class people. Basically, the apartment where I live with my girlfriend is just as nice and great as any other. We have really nice, big meadows everywhere, playgrounds and a forest nearby. We're also very close to the city center. The only difference is that we get a vote on every new project and

• we only have to pay about 30%-40% of the rent that normal tenants have to pay. For example my best friend lives with his girlfriend in a normal 3-room apartment (2 bedrooms, 1 living room, 1 kitchen, 1 small bathroom) and they pay the equivalent of 2,800 USD rent per month. That's very normal and average for where we live. However, my girlfriend and I live in a 3 1/2 room apartment (so we actually have a little more space) and we only pay 1,000 USD rent. In Switzerland, living in a city and paying 1,000 USD rent is like getting a chocolate cake every day from your boss if you know what I mean. And the best thing is: there's absolutely no catch. The system works because it's organized in a socialist way. Everyone is a tenant and a landlord at the same time. By becoming a tenant, you automatically also become a partial owner of the apartment complex (kinda like owning stocks, only that the value doesn't fluctuate). Because there's no greedy landlord, rents are much cheaper :-).

What Girls Said 9

• We dont really have a relationship with them. We've called them out once maybe twice and just try to pay bills on time but we don't have much contact.

• I live in an apartment complex owned by some company, so not very personal lol. The ladies who run the place are nice enough though, and we chat sometimes.

• Do you know the name of the owner of the company? How many units are in the complex?

• No idea, but I think there are about 200 units.

• Oh it's one of those. That's cool.

• Pretty damn close lol. My landlords are my Grandparent's so I'm living the lifeπŸŽ†πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰ I see them very often they have the key'sπŸ˜‚ I remember telling them I was hungry once and I got home to a full home cooked meal with dessert and money awaiting me😍😍😍 #BOOMBISHES

• I see him erryday but I don't say much. During Christmas we always give him wine cause he likes to drink

• How do you see him? Is it a house you live in?

• Does he live in the complex? Why is he there everyday instead of at home living it up?

• Ye he lives here

• My landlord is very nice.
    Whenever mom cooks something special, we always give some to them.

• I currently live at my parent's house and they own it.

• She gave birth to me

• we own our house

• My landlord is an asshole

• Why? What does he do?

What Guys Said 7

• Liam Neeson is kind of a dick, not well, won't fix my heater.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrrZnwNnikk

Don't have one so fine I gues lol.

• Well, I have my own house. Hence no landlord for me.

• I own free and clear. No more mortgage payments for this guy.

• I pay my rent and he leaves me alone

• I haven't move out yet

• I am the danger!

Lol

I am my own land lord :)

• My old landlord was cool and never raised the rent on me once.

My current landlord is a dumb fuck who put solar panels on the roof, then raised the rent $60 to pay for it and we see power bill savings of about $3 cuz no one is home during the day. And we told him this would happen.