I'm prettier than my bestie but no guy likes me, why?

I'm prettier than my bestie. I'm not being conceited just stating the facts. I am prettier in general, I'm taller, prettier, better features, curvier, skinnier, I have a good figure and I got asked for modelling. How come all the guys like my bestie? I need help cause I don't wanna be jealous, and I wanna know why no-one likes me. I am not a braggart, I may seem like one but this is just me writing this, I am very modest

1819

Most Helpful Guy

• "I'm taller, prettier, better features, curvier, skinnier, I have a good figure "

"I am very modest"

Choose ONE :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not all about looks.

Perhaps she is more approachable and/or seems friendlier?

If so, you can always try to act more friendly and approachable yourself and see if there is any difference in the amount of guys who like you.

Another thing could be how many guys you actually know or know well enough for them to like you: I used to be friends with this girl who would always tell me how lucky I was that I had some boys fancy me and would be upset that she didn't really have any boys who fancied her too.

Thing was though: She would always be in the one to one tuition block and not really get to know anyone that well, whereas I was in groups so did know a few boys. You can't expect boys to like you if you don't know any boys TO like you.

My brother's in a similar situation to that but with girls: He's upset about not having a girlfriend and even admitted to being a little jealous that I started dating before him even though I'm younger. Again though, he tends to stay in and doesn't go out much apart from the shops, but doesn't really go anywhere he can meet girls. He doesn't even talk to his friends on fb much.

The only reason I have a boyfriend is because firstly, I attended senior school in a taxi with him so we could actually see each other to see if we found each other attractive.

Secondly, I was brave enough to add him on fb

and

Thirdly, I would agree to talk to him on Skype when he asked me so that we got to know each other well enough TO like each other.

My guess is the reason you are having difficulties is either something to do with the way you act, how many guys you actually know, or maybe even that guys in fact DO like you but are too shy to say.

What Guys Said 18

• Haha yeah this seems like you're bragging a bit. Something like this is really hard to say without obviously knowing you both or seeing either of you. Some guys may find her more attractive or her general personality, or she may initiate conversions more often.

• 1. Looks aren't anything

2. You thinking you are better looking might be part of why no guys approach you

• Maybe they think she's more attainable

• Resting bitch face? Probably unapproachable in terms of body language.. most guys don't wanna risk getting turned down by a pretty chick so they pick the low hanging fruit... it all feels the same when the lights are out...

• It's your personality.

• Your op does not help your cause at all
    And even tho you keep saying you're not conceited it just makes me think you are and thats prob why guys dont like you as much

• Because she may have a more desirable personality. While you may not have anything that really makes you different in the eyes of guys.

• she's probably more welcoming

• Because you are conceited, that's why.

• Hmmm.

• is it bad if i have a burping fetish for girls well a girl i like?

• come to me

• Your personality may be a turn off.

• Guys rate girls differently to how women rate each other. You may think you're prettier than your friend. Guys may think differently.

• Maybe you're doing something offputting

• Ha, she thinks taller is a good thing...

• maybe they are intimidated by your looks... men are scared these days you know

• u don't have a big butt

What Girls Said 17

• Same for me honey but my friend can be a real slut (I love her to peices tho I don't judge her for it) and her past bfs have all ended up using her for it so sometimes getting attention isn't always good. She now has a reputation cos she is 'easy' which isn't a good thing. Don't get yourself down if ur very pretty then it can be intimidating to some people as they may class u as 'out of their league' but it is also a lot about personality, maybe ur friend is just a very lovely girl so more guys find her endearing

• You describe you body here, what about your character and body language towards others? That is the major factor. Body is the inviting factor, body language the deciding factor.

• Personality and charisma... She must have some allure.

You're probably more reserved, quiet... Not easy to talk with...
    Whereas she might be more outgoing to easy to talk with/get along with...

• @blonde401 too ignorant especially for your age... You clearly said you can't be skinny And curvy.. I'm only stating that you CAN!!

It's not about liking or disliking your retarded comment. Simply you're wrong. The End. πŸ’πŸ˜!!

• looks are not everything

• Probably because of your attitude and personality.

• It comes down to personality. Hers is more approachable.

• Well not wanting to be offensive, but maybe it's her personality that makes her slightly superior...
    or maybe you're too pretty that the guys get too nervous to ask you out XD

• Are looks the only thing you can bring to the table? If yes, then why wouldn't any guy just buy a sex doll for that, he wouldn't need to hear it being annoying...

• Because you're arrogant and concieted. How can you be skinnier but curvier? That doesn't make sense.

• Being curvy has nothing to do with body fat percentage

• @Errhh where did I say you have to be fat to be curvy? Thick and fat aren't the same thing. But you're just here to bash thicker women clearly. Get off my comment if you don't like my opinion.

• @zoooot you have to have some actual meat on you to have that shape though. Muscular women aren't curvy they're muscular, skinny women are skinny. They might have a waist but having a waist and being curvy aren't the exact same thing.

• Maybe she dresses sluttier? Maybe she has a more friendly welcoming personality where guys feel more comfortable approaching her?

• Maybe you aren't as pretty as you think. Or maybe you are, but your personality is comparable to a potato. Who knows.

• I have a great personality. I am not a follower at all

• beauty is subjective not to mention your attitude counts a lot

• Lmao because maybe she has a better personality.

• Maybe coz guys don't like arrogance, just stating the facts

• I am not arrogant at all, in fact I am the complete opposite. I am basically friends with everyone and I can talk to guys. I felt really cautious writing this because I didn't want to seem like a show off cause I am not a show off!

• Well that's how you come across so that's why you don't get any guys. Saying you're so much prettier than your best friend? That's not exactly a nice person

• You have body dismorphia. You see yourself in a way nobody else sees you.

• I have been told several times that I look this way

• You're probably not prettier than her.

• Maybe because you have a big ego and a shit personality?

• I don't! In fact I am extremely insecure

• Obviously not by this question