If you're not fond of being told that you're wrong, then you're more likely to actually be wrong. Agree or disagree?

• i agree (explain why)
  • I disagree (exlain why)
3mo Aparently I need to be a bit clearer on this. If you're not fond of being told that you're wrong, then you don't et your beliefs correct themselves as new evidence becomes available.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that's more of an ego problem :p

If you're not fond of being told that you're wrong, then you don't et your beliefs correct themselves as new evidence becomes available.

I think it's one thing to be firm in your beliefs but another to refuse to listen to others. As in if they say you are wrong, you should listen to their reasoning instead of getting angry that someone dared to say you are wrong :p

Most Helpful Guy

• One thing I have noticed, is that people who are wrong about something for which they have an emotional position often know intellectually they are wrong and have nothing but emotion to back them up. As soon as they know they are wrong and have lost the argument, they resort to name calling, insults, and often profanity.

You will see this a lot on this site, where some girl (seems to always be female), asks a question, not to get an answer, but to affirm her emotionally based position, usually about herself in a rationalization of some wrong she feels against her. As soon as someone points out how she is wrong, she resorts to name calling.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• No correlations.

Everyone is subject to confirmation bias. Most of the time people already have a conclusion in mind , they just cherry pick evidence to proof that they are correct. Even those who claims to be "open minded" are nothing but phony.

• Just because you're being you're told doesn't necessarily mean you are and the other person is right. Not being fond of it has no bearing on if you're likely to be wrong or not.

That's assuming you're wrong to begin with.

• I disagree