Do you believe the worst in people or the best?

I use to think people were mostly good and did the right thing. But recent experience has taught me otherwise. I think if people think they can get away with it, they'll try to cheat and lie and steal.

Most Helpful Guy

• The worst. I have faith in humanity, but not the humans around me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Believe the worst no matter what so you've never disappointed, you need to protect yourself. There's a lot of bad shit out there.

What Guys Said 2

• I usually trust people (including strangers) quite a lot and expect them to be good. I think that also has to do with my culture though. It's part of the Swiss mentality to be very trustful towards other people and expect them to not abuse this trust (and also to act in a trustworthy way towards others). In America, I feel like people are completely different. I've lived in the US for some time and I feel like Americans tend to be extremely pessimistic towards others and in some cases even paranoid. Maybe that's also where this whole gun culture comes from. Every person you see is viewed as a potential robber or rapist.

• I use to trust everyone. Even when they gave me reasons not to trust them, I still did. Stupid me. I think most people are just looking for a free handout at the expense of others. It could very well be a US thing. :/

• I tend to see the best in people sometimes

What Girls Said 3

• Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

• The best, unfortunately

• The worst.