Did you see the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games? what did you think of it?

I saw the last 30 minutes and I have to say I am proud, Anitta was amazing and Gilberto Gil and Temer deserved the "hate" they got, the people applauded what deserved to be applauded so it was amazing for me

817

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought that although I have heavy national pride I think the cameras and the subtitles focused way too much on the Americans

We have like 554 athletes or something lol

I personally think we're gonna dominate, but I wish u all good luck!

• probably but it doesn't matter, the important is not to win is to participate and to be honest

• maybe or just the people, Brazil was never a target for terrorism but people from all nationalities in one place is like asking for an atack

• It happens all the time, and hate between countries is a big thing. But the thing with the Olympics is that you're sort of expected to be honorable and be peaceful for at least the Olympics, and whoever breaks that peace is basically making a bad name for their country

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if it counts as the opening ceremony per se, but I did see all the countries walk in and stuff. l thought the colours they chose looked like something outta the 80's to be honest though :P
    It was still pretty cool though, I liked the little kids holding the plants.
    The Americans looked SO good, and the Aussies looked like shit. We don't even look like bloody Aussies!!
    Cannot wait for the beef to start between the US and the Aussies tho, it's so entertaining.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 16

• It's amazing, people complained about the revenue of Rio but they produced an epic LED light show even simulating the Amazon rainforest in the stadium! It's the perfect event the world needs to unite together in piece with the heartbreaking terrorist attacks and violence occurring in many countries. I am glad France got a proper cheer and round of applause since they've been hit hard with terrorism.

• I loved it. Brazil acknowledged a history of colonialism and slavery -- which the US never does when they host -- and pushed the importance of climate change, which is the one issue facing every nation on earth, all with the artistic flourishes one would expect from Fernando Meirelles.

• Nope. Probably won't get a chance to. Just hoping all the athletes stay safe and healthy.

• The ceremony was delayed in the US. It just started here on the west coast,

• Creative.

• Nope, I couldn't care less about the Olympics.

• Its. on live still you have to watch the opening ceremony the replay

• Didn't even know it began

• Nope
    Haven't seen it :P

• oh. sounds meh.

• yes... I let it running in the background. looked nice.

• 0|0
  • I watched it and loved it. I was hoping Pele would have carried the torch tho

• he is not the biggest athlete in Brazil anymore, those people really deserved to carry the torch, they are a big symbol of success to brazilians

• he has been to a lot of events here so it is time to other people do that

• Okay then...

• It was a liberal propaganda. they were talking about global hoaxwarming BS... they were targeting CO3 smh.. oh and they have 'refugee olympics team'.. Clearly a propaganda by the world liberal dictators being pushed to us.

• hell no

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• No, I could not watch it.

• I did. I always look forward to watching it! Thought it was really good!

• I watched for a little while but only when the country's were coming out. Aside from some really good looking athletes, it was pretty boring. I did miss the late stuff however.

• It was really exciting tbh there were singers, samba, famous people

• people still watch the olympics?

• I saw it. And I loved it! It was like a trip around the world without leaving the couch ahaha
    I don't understand why Anitta sang with Gilberto Gil and Caetano Veloso.
    Her genre of music is completely different from theirs.

• Because she is the biggest singer in Brazil rn but people complained because the old ones don't like her so they put classic guys with her, they didn't deserved to be there they did bad things to Brazil so they got a lot of "hate" lol

• tb n gosto das musicas dela mas achei demais ela cantando MPB representando os jovens e os adultos ao mesmo tempo

• Sim, também gostei de ver. Deu um bom resultado.

• No.
    Fortunately I was fast asleep in the "Land of Nod" so I doubt that I missed too much.

• I thought their Olympic rings were quite cool. Looked like a very vibrant, colourful fun atmosphere as usual.