Is driving a Honda Accord bad thing?

Our manager drives a 2008 Honda Accord. Our co workers are always suprised when they see that he drives a honda. Excuse my ignorance but I am not a big car buff so what's the big deal with driving this car?

Usually the response is "He drives a honda?" as in it's a bad thing lol. I think it's a nice car.. but any insight would be nice. I added some pictures below I got off the internet Is driving a Honda Accord bad thing ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe the surprise isn't with specifically because what car he drives but rather the type of car he drives for his position.

Perhaps they believe that people of 'higher' status should drive something more representative of it.

• Yes! I think you are absolutely right. He is the regional manager after all. I've heard comments from "He should be driving the company's car" or "You'd think he'd have a nice car"

What Guys Said 9

• Nothing wrong with an Accord. :) They are trusty cars that have gotten a LOT of people where they have needed to go, reliably, for decades. ^_^

I think your co-workers are most likely surprised because they expected the "big manager" to drive a more expensive car... rather than one for "normal folk". xD

However, some people also sometimes look down on Honda as an entire brand (not just its Accord line) because Honda is known for being affordable, and so is not "exclusive" or "high-class" like BMW or Tesla lol. A pretty snobby opinion, considering that Hondas are generally reliable, solid-quality cars. Not saying your co-workers are like this, but some people in general think like that (and some even look down on Japanese brands in general because of racism :o ).

A lot of people neglect the fact that Honda made cars like the original NSX. It was made to compete against Ferraris and Lamborghinis, while being more reliable and cheaper to maintain, and only a fraction of the price to buy. It was a car that truly shook up the high-end sports car market, and in my opinion was also one of the best-looking cars of all time:

www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/13977NSXF.JPG

theusbport.com/.../NSX90_02.jpg

• Haha, Ok, I'll explain.

Among gear heads, hondas are an object of fun. Not because of the car itself. Japanese is reliable. It's just because of the hype surrounding the tunning that they suffered especially in the 90's. A lot of Hondas were extremely modified with stupid or ugly visuals, that did not correspond to the performance of the car. These tunners (often called ricers) have a bad credit among gear heads, and so did the car. They were cheap cars, and easy to modify, also lot's of them were successfully used in drag racing, with enormous turbos coming out of the car. This comes from the battle between American muscle vs imported cars. Where they were determined to beat v8 engines with their inline 4 cilinder ones.

The cars were usually modified with side skirts that did not match the car, bumpers, stickers, and spoilers/ailerons. This gave the brand a bad rep due to these fans. They were also often put down, because they tried to keep up with the v8's and many times succeeded in beating them in a straight line, but the car was so extensively modified at that point, that it was undriveable on a daily basis. Which was another point of being made fun of. Another modification was speakers in the trunk... with no real purpose..

honda-tech.com/.../...-call-rice-ricer_civic_2.jpg

www.bestcarinf.com/.../honda-civic-ricer-4.jpg

s3.amazonaws.com/.../...01_large-559da16eb7ebe.jpg

www.subiegal.com/.../honda-ricer3.jpg

i.ytimg.com/vi/SoFr8a6i8Vo/maxresdefault.jpg

There are some great looking cars though. It's just the reputation they got.
    Please watch the video xD (less than 2 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF_z1UvqbUU

• Thats a very nice car!! U thinkbthey are just hatting on him (hope i spelled that right) also could be jealous..

• Accords are very reliable cars and very popular among American drivers. I've never heard anyone look down on someone for driving it. I was about to buy one actually, but I hated the way the interior looked.

• Yeah it's a really nice car! But anytime someone sees him coming out of the car they go "Oh.. He drives a honda? Why doesn't he drive the company's car?"since he is the regional manager I guess they expect him to have a bad ass luxurious car with all that money he's making? Lol I don't know people's reaction are kinda odd haha

• What is the company car? Smart man, I know people who make bank and drive used 8 year old cars and I know people who live paycheck to paycheck with $30,000+ cars.

• its nothing wrong but your co workers like expensive cars thats why they act like that, honda accord is a very awesome car

• Materialistic people assume if you make good money you should have a "nice" car. Life changes that perspective

• Why don't you ask them? You'll know more about your boss. And it's a good car actually.

• Depends if its a V6 or not...

V6 Accord all the way!

• It's not a bad thing. It's just that it's a safe car. Somebody who wants to play it safe, would drive it

What Girls Said 3

• They probably expected him to drive like a Mercedes or a tesla or something. I think people think that his the manager and all that he'll buy an expensive car. It's not a big deal I agree. Some people (managers) in this case wouldn't blow half of there salary on a car.

• True I agree. It's just a car and a nice one too. But since he is regional manager they expect he'd have a more expensive car I guess! Thanks for your input!

• Honda's are nice car. Full efficient too. So yeah good on your manager for thinking with his head

• His/her lol

• According to some people a Honda is a very inexpensive car. Stupid people say that. Its a car!!

• I know! I think it's because since he is in a higher position he should be driving this amazing luxurious car 😆

• Yeah like a Porsche lmao..

People are so ridiculous.

• How much do you sell me? :D