What does death feel like?

Most Helpful Girl

• I once dreamt that I drowned. It was just black, and silent and still. It was very peaceful and comforting. Before that it was terrifying.

• I read the same in another site where people had near death experience.

• It was very nice...

Most Helpful Guy

• I died (so I was told), but I was brought back.
    There was nothing.
    When I was brought back there was pain, which was due to injuries rather than the fact that I was brought back.

• So a normal death isn't painful?

• That depends upon how you die.
      A person can take weeks, months, even years to die in agony.
      Another person put a bullet through their brain and they will not feel anything.

What Girls Said 8

• Death feels like nothing. But the part leading up to it, that's a killer one...

• When I die, I'll make sure to let you know.

• You're asking the living that?

• From what I've seen on documentaries and the news from people who have died and come back, death itself feels like nothing.

• I'd imagine it's like falling asleep. But it also depends on how you die, apparently dying by suffocation is incredibly painful.

• Drowning is probably the worst death ye? Or probably burned alive.

• Both practically suffocation, both would cause you to pass out before hand because of lack of oxygen.

• Can't say as I haven't died yet.

• Like going to sleep or abruptly going unconscious. Probably paired with pain if you died from trauma or disease.

• One sec let me fall off a cliff then I'll come back and let you know.

What Guys Said 13

• Get married and you'll know. You actually get to feel your soul die a little bit every day. And when the inevitable divorce comes, you get to experience complete soul-death.

• I'm not really sure how you're expecting anyone to answer this. If they've experienced death they're dead and can't tell you how it feels. And if they aren't dead they haven't experienced death and can't tell you how it feels.

• Probably watched a documentary or read about it?

• That still wouldn't tell you. Science is based on observation. What happens when you die is unobservable. Empirically there is no way to answer this question.

• You don't feel anything after that and the world goes on

• The moment you are dying, does it hurt?

• That depends upon the method of death.
      For example, being burnt alive as compared with a bullet to the brain.

• at a certain point, pain becomes blocked out.

• well, life is painful, where death is not. being dead takes much longer to get things done.
    "i was dead for 1000 years before being born, and it is of no consequence to me. life scares me."

• Let me die and I'll get back to you on that.

• must feel better than living im sure

• Like sleeping

• I'll text you once I'm in Hell

• Sweet to those who have overcome, horrible to those who rejected the message. A better question would be "what does the Second Death feel like"?

• Like sleeping if there is no pain probably

• I never died so I dont know how it feels lol :D

• You should ask what does dying feel like

• Sweet release