Religious or atheist?

Do you believe in religion or not. Are you:
And how did you adopt it?

• 1 Religious
  • 2 Atheist
  • 3 So so

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe in God and follow his word the best I can, I was introduced to Christianity when i was 2, over the years they took me to church, i was allowed to decide for myself if i wanted to keep going to church or if I wanted to believe in Jehovah or not, i chose to stay with it, because over the years, he has proved to me countless times of his existence, way to great to be coincidental and very specific, decided to be baptized the proper way pn February 13th 2011.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was raised Catholic, but now I'm atheist. Studying physics made me realize that Earth is only a tiny planet in a tiny galaxy called Milky Way. In other galaxies, there are stars and black holes that are larger than our entire galaxy. Even the sun that our planet revolves around is infinitesimally small compared to other stars in other galaxies. So it made no sense to me that we must be the only "chosen ones" in this entire universe. And according to Hubble's Law, the universe is still expanding at an exponential rate. It makes me believe that we're nothing but just another species that evolved through evolution.

What Guys Said 22

• All us commies are atheists...

• Atheist by trade, but Agnostic by attitude, i find religion really interesting, and as a vital part of people's cultures it's something i love to learn more about, but i also love religious peace and tolerance, which is why i'm agnostic, because i believe in the acceptance and tolerance of all religions, regardless their creed, colour or race, and whatever they've done in the present or past, or what will do in the future.

• I'm sorry but I need to educate you on atheism/agnosticism. You are one of MANY people who unfortunately have a huge misunderstanding/confusion of what these terms mean. So let me explain:
      You seem to believe that agnosticism is something like a mild form of atheism - basically that an agnostic was the tolerant, peace-loving, religiously interested version of an atheist. This however is NOT true. Lots of people believe what you believe but it false. In fact, it's a lie that was put out there by religious fundamentalists to discredit atheism.

Atheism and Agnosticism are NOT different "intensities" of the same thing. Instead, they function on two completely different axes. They have NOTHING to do with each other. Atheism (Ancient Greek: "A-" for non/not and "theus" for god) talks about what you BELIEVE. Agnosticism on the other hand (Ancient Greek: "A-" for non/not and "gnosis" for knowledge) talks about what you KNOW.
      So when you say you're an atheist, you make a statement about

• I think you're still not really getting it. If you say you don't believe in god, you're an atheist. It's that simple. Atheists are mean people as you seem to think. There are lots of atheists who are very tolerant. There is no correlation between being nice and being an atheist (or an agnostic).

Also, when you say you "officially identify" as an agnostic, you have to understand what this even means.
      I'll give you an example: Say you're heterosexual and white. Like atheism and agnosticism, they're two totally different issues. So when you say "I'm heterosexual by trade but caucasian by attitude" it makes absolutely NO sense. Yes, sure, you can officially identify as "caucasian" if you want to but you're still straight nonetheless. If you feel the need to "officially identify" as something, it makes more sense to identify as agnostic AND atheist. If people ask you what you believe, you answer "I'm an atheist", if they ask you what you know, you say "I'm an agnostic".

• @BlueCoyote i understand what you're saying, and i'm only using atheism to describe my position to believing in a god, this position has changed through the years, but i apologise if it's caused a confusion

• I have been atheist for about a decade now.

• Religion. Get the f outta here lol. People making shit up and choosing religions. They're ain't anything holy about it. Take so many countries and you'll notice most of them are not 'suppose' to even be a certain religion. They only are that because of history plays out

Believe in god sure. But fuck religion. Follow buddishm or hinduism, they are the only ones that are more about energy and the universe

• Most religious people I know had religion forced on them as children. I do NOT know anyone who "found Jesus" (outside of stories about convicts, alcoholics, and drug addicts) as an adult, but know plenty of adults who stopped believing.

• Completely atheist. I have no religion. I do not follow any religions.

• Atheist currently.

• I know I'm going to heaven. I have never sinned and I live by the word of gawd. He is my savior. Oral sex is a sin and I will never have sex until I am married to the woman that I love. I will also get my future sons circumcised so they can also make it to heaven.

• atheist with out any doubt

• you used your brain which was made by a god to tell us that you are non religious ;)

• ok thats fine... i mean i talk about religion to people but i dont force it upon anyone...

if they want to hear it and learn more, ill keep going, if they dont, ill stop.. thanks for the conversation though!

• @Table20 your welcome

• An atheist by reviewing the evidence

• Im a muslim and im religous

• Atheist

• I go back and forth.

• Spiritual but not religious. I don't believe in organized religion.

• Religious. Christianity.

• Spiritual. But not religious. :)

• Atheist
    I like religion but it's totally illogical and anti rational af

• Smh at atheists bashing religion thinking it makes them look smart, seriously get a hobby

• Religious.

• Agnostic Christian

I don't know if gods real but if he is I believe in Jesus

• Atheist

• religious..

What Girls Said 15

• Atheist, or disbeliever, heathen, infidel, heretic etc. if you prefer.

• Atheist. I came about it because I've just never really got into any religion by choice. I respect other people's beliefs as long as they respect mine.

• I'd say agnostic. I'm not religious but I'm open to the concept. We all had to come from somewhere. Matter and living things don't appear out of thin air.

• I'm agnostic athiest. I don't know and I don't care.

• Proud agnostic.

• Not religious. I dont believe in any god.

• Atheist.

• I don't believe in gods or spirits.

• Neither (Deist/Pantheist)

• Religious Christian

• Fuck jesus

• I'm very religious

• Atheist

• I have been going on a spiritual journey and I realized that I don't want to be enslaved. Religion is used to control people. Do you know why people thousands of years created religion? Because they didn't know anything and people were there authentic selves. When you add religion into a civilization what happens? People start to only rely on "the spoken word" our reality is our belief.