What separates bipolar disorder from multiple personality disorder?

I need some information on this topic. I'm deeply interested.

What Guys Said 2

• bipolar just makes you change your mood quickly. for instance you could be really angry and then be fine a second later. multiple personality disorder makes you a completely difrent person.

• Like for some hours you were so happy with a friend and then the friend went to see another friend and u become so angry and sad that u stopped seeing this friend and then when that person apologized you felt empty because u were so mad.
      Is that it? Multiple personality. Or just one person.

• sort of but with bipolar you can mood when talking to the same person but at least with me. (i'm bipolar)

• Wikipedia is your friend

What Girls Said 1

• hi, could i ask if this is a personal matter for your own mind sake? if so, would this make sense as a question, you can act very differently at times to the point it like another part of you escapes through the invisible field and you love it, at the time, however after you maybe question yourself about what you may have done, acted, said, scared yourself exposed yourself. it scares you a bit and confuses you but a balance within it you enjoy it a lot at the time like its freedom for your soul? just interested if any of that relates?

• Yeah it's a personal question.
      A friend commented some days ago that I'm so different when I'm Inna good mood like I'm a different person. Like.. quoting his words 'you don't even seem like Z'
      And I joked, 'haha I must have bipolar disorder'
      Later I couldn't stop thinking about how I could be so angry, so happy, so bitter, and so empty.
      I feel so damaged
      And I'm not sure what needs to be happen.