Do you sleep with background noise on?

I have trouble sleeping if I don't have a fan on

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends.
    there's times when the smallest sound won't let me sleep, then there's times when some music or background noise will relax me and put me to sleep. Even had a roomate who used to snore loudly, you could hear him down the hall and I was used to it.

so does it just depend on your mood or whatever your brain decides for the day?

Thank you

your welcome

Most Helpful Girl

• Not usually. Since I have difficulty falling asleep, I often stay up until the sun rises. By then, I am too tired to care about background noises. Sometimes music helps me fall asleep, but my earbuds are shot, so I haven't been able to do that. It's silence for me.

What Guys Said 18

• I can sleep so long as it's cool enough, noise or no noise :) Well ideally I need the airconditioner's noise on lol

• I like having my fan on, I am thinking about getting a noice maker for the winter since I am right by a road.

• I'm used to the fans of my computer, the air purifier and the ceiling fan. But I wouldn't miss them.

I think the only issue would be if my ears started ringing or I was able to hear my blood flowing. I would have to get used to that for a night or two. Then I'd be fine.

• I can honestly sleep in a dead quiet room, a noisy room, pitch black and even heavily lighted rooms. When I'm tired, I'm tired. So I sleep. Ain't no where where I can't sleep.

• A podcast must be on, otherwise I cannot sleep.

What do you listen to?

What about you?

interesting sometimes I sleep with fan , I've noticed I sleep better with it on, but when my anxiety is heightened I turn on my app that plays relaxing melodies and I don't know why but brahms lullalby helps

• Yes. I have a background noise machine that helps put me to bed every night. With soundtracks from a river, the ocean, the rainforest, etc.

• Lately, I've noticed I sleep better with music on... Classical music...
    I feel so snobbish for saying that lol >.<'

why? if it helps you sleep then that's all that matters

• I only realized that I needed a background noise (like a fan), when electricity went one night for a few hours and the place was so quiet I couldn't sleep

• Yes. I have a filter machine

• I have a fan but not cuz of the background noise cuz it's fuckin hot as hell

• off late I been using my app to help me sleep. Not helping much tho

• If there's no tv on i get lost in my thoughts and stay up all night just thinking

That's interesting what do you think about?

Well the other night I did this, and my thoughts were jumping all over the place. I was thinking about things from flaccid penises and how they look like chewed bubblegum, all the way to how I think the government did 9/11 lmao

wow that's a huge difference in topics lol

• I dont.. Can't sleep with that noise in the background

I understand what about light or does it have to be completely dark?

I understand, I have seen some people drape a blanket over their window for extra darkness,

I'm not at that point yet 😊😊

• Meh I can sleep with all ways :D

• I have a personal fan on when I sleep. I can't stand too much silence.

• Every night.

• Nope I like silence

• might ;) Lol no :D :D

What Girls Said 14

• I have a fan going right now, but that's just because it's been so hot out. I don't really need much noise, though it can be calming.

• Yes. I love the fan on, even then I often put music on too

• Usually yes. If not a fan or AC then usually someone in my family is awake watching late night TV and I can hear it from my room. I actually enjoy having background noise cause I'm used to it and it reminds me that I'm not alone.

I can see that being comforting

Can you teach my upstairs neighbors how to parent? LOL
      They let the kids bounce a heavy ball (prolly basket ball), bang on pots, and I swear I've heard someone galloping in heels all all like 1 and 2am

Shoot my sons bedtime is 830 , there is no ball bouncing in the house you can break something, haha sure

• Lol I'll use a fan and also have covers on I don't know why.
    Sometimes I sleep with the T. v. or radio on.

• Nope. It's actually hard for me to fall asleep with any background noise unless I'm REALLY tired and sleepy.

• No. I need complete silence when I'm sleeping. Any noise bothers me.

• i don't but i don't mind it.

Well that's good that you can sleep through it

what changed in your lifestyle?

It started 4 years ago was in a DV relationship and it just has slowly got worse, I'm moving Tuesday work has been stressful to a degree, I was in a car wreck in May, I'm getting married next year. Although I'm very excited for what god has in store for me and these new adventures its like my mind can't comprehend all of it, I have always hated change but this is a wanted change but I don't think my emotions understand that

• Nope. I am a light-sleeper

• If I don't sleep with music or a low light I will have really bad nightmares. Almost like clockwork

• No, I like silence or street noises if I'm in a big city.

• I need the tv on Lol

• Yeah I have to sleep with the T. V on

• Sometimes sleep with earbuds in on a playlist

• No, but my roommate last year had that.

When I was younger I had a friend that was like that and we always complained on the temperature being so dang cold in there and now I sleep with one lol