How to overcome fear of the dark?

anything you have tried that works? any advice at all will be appreciated :)

Most Helpful Guy

• In what context? Fear of just being alone in the dark or sleeping in the dark.

being in the dark at all. inside, outside, in bed, anwhere.

hm... thankyou :)

I hope that will give you some ideas and options as to how to get this problem out of your life

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to be afraid 'Of the dark' as a kid, where I would Snuggle way under the covers because I Had... Fear of the dark.
    However, as I got older, I got on my own own in my own Home, I overcame it.
    You may or Not 'Overcome fear of the dark,' and for now, leave a Night light on to Begin your Beguine, where perhaps Eventually you don't want the Light in your eyes as you sleep, you just may go Ahead and Turn it off while in your Bed.
    Good luck. xx

thankyou so much!

Thank you for the Like , hun, and hope this helps some. xxoo

Thank you, hun, for the Vote of Confidence, and don't worry, everything will be okay... You are stronger than your own Might in the Night. xxoo

What Guys Said 10

• You mean dark places, dark rooms? right?

Well, the only way to actual overcome your fear of the dark is to face the dark, venture inside the dark places. You can start with taking a torch at first, take the torch and go inside the dark place and when you get scared switch on the torch, do it a few times and then next time take the torch inside the dark place but don't switch it. You will find that slowly you will get brave to face the dark places.

• Probably if you do this

Like go in the dark and just stay there for a while with someone. Walk around do stuff. Let it be dark for a good while

If it gets too overwhelming stop

• The first thing you must do is

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/60679239.jpg

Im serious, just sit in the dark for 5 to 10 minutes while meditating. Embrace it

• Take a lot of night walks, go moonlight hiking, turn the lights off in your room, use logic to figure out most bad things happen when the sun is out.

• you can't escape dark, you can't escape from your darkest times. your darkest times will beat the shit out of you and will crush you, but its upto you that you rise up again or stay there.

• light your house on fire to get rid of the dark

• Confront it. The only way to get over a fear, is to confront it

• I'll hug ya and u won't fear dark anymore :)

• when your all alone and its dark, you fear what you can't see and that somebody could be watching you, when infact your that person.

iv never been afraid of the dark since.

• Just go in the dark and think of brightness

What Girls Said 8

• turn the lights on

i mean a cure for the fear, not a cure for the dark. LOL

• Walking a lot in the dark. Preferably inside though.

• Sometimes I am still afraid of it; especially if I hear thunders.

And I don't know, I just practiced sleeping without the light on.
    But these days/nights my light is always on.

• It's not the dark that bothers me it's what you can't see in the dark. As for over coming that fear I never have.

• Therapist?

• Get a little night light

• my mom locked me up in a pitch dark room with my dog when I was 9 while she and her boyfriend laughed at me for being so afraid of it
    I felt so bad I decided I wouldn't cry for her, so I started petting my dog and singing to calm down
    after that I always sang to myself when I was alone in the dark to keep me distracted from having scary thoughts lol
    I don't have to do it anymore 😊 hope it works for you too!

• actually i can't help you with this one since i love being in dark places etc