Am I wrong about my opinions of the military people?

The majority of them are never in any danger and stay in bases in the United States. Other ones go overseas to places like Europe, or even the UAE where they might fix airplanes.

A very small percentage (0.01%) are ever in any danger.

They're overrated in their perception as brave or capable of protecting.

Most Helpful Girl

• I talked a recruiter once and he told me that the only people who are in true danger and have a much higher chance of dying are the people who work on the ground with the terrorists and the bombs. He even told me it's like a 9-5 (not literally an office job, there's a huge variety of jobs, moreso the scheduling style). But he did say that if they need troops to fight, then you have to, you can't object. That's why they have all these tests throughout your service to see of you'd be ready to fight. You're always on call just in case.

I still think it's brave because you're basically signing your rights away and your life with the possiblity of stepping in front the bullet for your country. I can definitely see why you'd think it's not brave though. You're not entirely wrong.

• I've done things that are more brave.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't go to that extent. Even as a former Marine I can agree with you that people over exaggerate their combat role. All I know is the Marine Corps. Certainly not at.01% . I don't pay attention to the deployment schedules anymore but the corps was hot in helmand province afghanistan for a while.

• Is everyone that gets sent to Afghanistan in immediate danger by default?

Where did you go?

• Marine Corps deploys to some pretty hot zoned the majority of the time. Every Marine even if they aren't infantry has combat training which no other branch does. A lot of combat casualties were affiliated with Motor T companies. Taking hot supply routes and getting his with IED ambushes. If you're deploying with any unit w/ the Marines you are in danger by default. Taking mortar fire at camp leatherneck was a frequent occurrence for a while

What Girls Said 3

• LOL you're very wrong. Over 20 percent of the military work in combat positions. But even that doesn't mean that people who are like mechanics don't end up fighting. That's why everyone in the military is trained to fight.

• Not sure if I agree with that, but I dont think they deserve absolute respect. A lot of the veterans I live around are racist, homophobic assholes. I repect their service but that doesn't mean they are a good person.

• I agree

What Guys Said 1

• Well yeah ur right since there is not major war righ now