Why I'm I closer to my father's height than my mother's?

My parents are respectively 5'2 and 6'1.

I came out 5'10. Aren't daughters generally closer to the mother's height or in between?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's completely random to whom you're closer

• True but it's said that daughters tend to look more like their mother. In my case, I got more of my father's genes (tall height, lighter skin tone, hair and eye color and even his wide smile).

• That's complete bs. They tend to because they are the same gender, but literally everything is random.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• Omg, maybe your father cheated!

I'm aware that statement makes about as much sense as this question.

• Nope, I'm their only daughter and there are pictures of when my mother was pregnant with me and the hospital pictures.

Just that somehow I got more of my father's genes (tall height, might skin tone, hair and eye color and even his wide smile). I guess his genes were a lot dominant.

• Light

• Yeah, you know the answer.. So this entire question is a statement? lol

• Not really, 50% chance maybe.. but tall is sexy, so embrace it.

• It's mostly in between

• That's what I thought. I got little to nothing from mother.. not even her height.

If I were walking with my father, it's easy for others to figure out I'm his daughter.

• shit you're 5'10?

• I wish I were a bit shorter so that way I would be able to wear my heels without looking like I'm too tall.

• dont hurt me!

What Girls Said 2

• Not always. It's the luck of the gene pool.

My father is 6'2. My mother is 5'8. My uncle is 6'8. My cousin is 6'7. All my female cousins are 5'10-6'0. My brothers are on track to be 6'7 and 6'2, respectively.

I am 5'4.

Explain that one :p

• Can be a mix of both

• True but I can't find physical similarities between my mother and I. However, if I were walking out with my father, it's easy for others to figure out I'm his daughter.

Supposely daughters tend to have more traits from their mother (esp height) but seems like more of his genes got passed to me.

• Think its just luck of the draw. I mean I'm the same. Similar to my father a lot. Yet my brothers look like my mother. Your probably picked up traits from further back on your mother's side