My headphones keep breaking because I headbang too much?

Iv'e been through 4 pairs of averagely expensive headphones in the past 2 years. I have tried different brands but after a while they always seem to stop working like the wires have come lose. I currently am just use cheap earbud headphones because I am afraid that if I get a new decent pair they will break again. The only explanation I can come up with is that its because I listen to a lot of metal music and headbang like a mental person. Has anyone else run into this issue and do you think my head banging is what is ruining all my headphones?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah pretty much, buy some decent earphones instead, you get almost the same fidelity but they are much harder to break than headphones - as long as you keep the wire tension free.

The headphones I have brought were about $100 NZ dollars, I'm just a bit hesitant about spending $300 on a really good pair if they only last like a year. I guess its worth a try, just better make sure I get a warranty so if I break them I can get a replacement pair

My headphones (with the band over head) are the ones that keep breaking

Alright then yeah try some earbuds, they should be better and $300 ones should be decent enough for your music type - i mean you dont exactly need to pick out the high end violin out of the orchestra 😝

Most Helpful Girl

• If you really go that crazy, it's not too surprising they break so easily. I'd use the earbuds, so they're just in your ears. The ones that go over your head seem like they'd fall off more easily and could be snapped faster since you're bobbing your head up and down so much.

What Guys Said 7

• Depends on how much you bang. I mean I can imagine through the shaking the fairly delicate pieces within the earbuds can break.

• Uh, no, you're not headbanging too much. That damages more brain cells than earbuds.

You may be wrapping them up wrong, or shoving them into your pocket too much, or they are just crap. A TON of earbuds will just never last for more than a few months if you use them every day.

How expensive are we talking?

My longest lasting ones lasted for... well, I might still have them if my sister didn't lose them. I used them for a year. They were Soundmagic E10's, I'd recommend them.

• how are they breaking?

• Look into Panasonic. They make excellent buds for about 7$ and these stay in well. Also, consider getting an extender for a few dollars. I did and now my buds fall out much less.

• Yep, just have tobe careful.

• yeah your head banging is ruining your all headphones. earbud headphones are the best choice for you i think

• just nail some headphones to your head, they will keep in place while head banging then and you will look really metal too.

What Girls Said 1

• No, "headbanging" won't ruin your headphones. Storing them incorrectly will, winding the cable up tightly, shoving them into the bottom of a bag, letting the wires get worn out...

I have Sennheisser's, had them for years now - brilliant headphones. I also have a little pouch in my handbag to keep them in.