How do you see life in general?

I am a more positive person but just wondering about others.

• Life is what you make it
  • Seeing a positive in life in every situation makes it better
  • life sucks and is a drag
  • I don't think to much.. lol!
  • My life is hard you wouldn't understand

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a very positive person and I agree with @Jaye234 that being this way just makes everything better and easier.
    You see, though I was born in one of the safest, richest and cleanest countries in the world, my life wasn't always easy. I was born almost completely blind on both eyes and this disability has caused many struggles for me. Starting from early childhood, I had to go to tons of doctor's and hospital appointments all the time, I had lots of surgeries and of course things like school or even finding friends or finding a girlfriend were also much harder for me than for people with good eyes. However, I strongly believe that my cheerful and positive attitude towards life has made all these struggles much more bearable. I believe that even the worst experiences have a good thing about them - you just need to be open-minded enough to see it. I also strongly believe that even the worst experiences can teach us something valuable. This way, I am capable of viewing my disability not only as an impairment (which it naturally is) but also as a great chance. My girlfriend frequently tells me that my very blindness is probably the most important reason she fell in love with me. What she means by this is that many of my best character traits are directly related to my disability. For example that I'm very hard-working (because I always had to be in order to keep up with others), or that I'm very positive (because that has always made my life much easier) or that I'm a very sweet, considerate and understanding guy (because I want other people to be that way towards me too).
    My girlfriend tends to be more of a pessimist and I think it really lifts her spirits a great deal to have me around in tough situations, telling her something like "but look sweetheart, why don't you look at it this way..." :-).

You are truly Amazing!! :-)

Wow!! You truly inspire me. While my sight is ok with glasses/contacts I've got health problems and going through a horrid divorce but I know God puts people like you on Earth to inspire others to be great!! Be proud of the man you've grown to be.

@Jaye234 Thank you so much! Now I'm blushing haha :-). You are such a sweet person! Well, I wish you all the best with your problems! And remember: just keep looking on the bright side of things :-).

What Guys Said 18

• To me life has no meaning outside of your own constructs. Trying to figure it out introspectively will often lead to a dead end, since you'll find nothing but an abyss.

Those who often find life depressing will often be failing by their own constructs of whatever they chose life to mean. A common source is building overly ambitious dreams that are out of reach, and then sinking in misery when the tower of dreams comes crumbling down.

I think happiness boils down mostly to simple pleasures and the pursuit of dreams. Those who enjoy the pursuit, regardless of outcome, will tend to be happy. Those who start being discouraged by the pursuit of dreams will tend to sink into misery.

Very nice answer

@lacorine197 In those cases probably such people would fulfill their dreams and find some kind of emptiness when they reach it unless they build newer ones that also excite them in the pursuit. I just think it's mostly a matter of whether you enjoy the pursuit. Wasn't thinking so much in terms of the frame of "success" but just "happiness".

ah you're right, thank you man!

• Mix of C and E, because from my very own perception eveything we do are futile attempts at creating meaning and purpose to our empty existences, as everyone and everything eventually "WILL" DIE because we "CAN" DIE. The material world is a complete big FUCKING LIE! We will absolutely LOSE EVERYTHING we ever had and owned, gaibed or attained in this world once we're gone and gone FOREVER! We absolutely will be forgotten about completely and forever eventually as it is absolutely INEVITABLE.

We essentially needed suffering to even seek meaning in the first place. If we weren't bored or incapable of boredom in the first place then would we had ever even bothered to do anything, if anything at all?

• I voted the second choice... seeing a positive in life in every situation makes it better..

Im fairly confident in myself and I'm fairly good right now looking at every situation, even a tough one in a positive light, I try to find humor and the lighter side of things in every situation, I feel humor gets me or I can include others through. If I wasn't laughing and seeing it in a light manner I'll start to gets own and I don't know where I'll be with out joy and humor in the toughest and complex situations of life, I guess in a nut shell you laugh through it. That's more the day to day.

But I still see life in general in a way that ok, Ill paint a scenario... I need to get someplace. I get in a car with no map or a faulty GPS and it's not giving me the right direction that I need or the map ripped apart and I have no direction, no route to take, no idea where I'm going... I know there's this place I need to be but don't know how to get there.. and I wonder in my car, driving with no sense to where I'm going, hoping I'll find it along the way.. that's me right now.
    Whatta reflective question Luisa! You always have the best questions! 😃

• The state of being alive. Once you're alive you have to face it, the meaning your life has is the one you give to it.

• On one side, I find wonderful when I think about all the things we still don't know about us and our environnement, all the mysteries that are yet to be elucided, all the things we've accomplished. On the flip side, human stupidity and witnessing its slow downfall to corruption and ignorance only makes me want to leave this fucking world...

• It depends on the day.
    When my depression is bad I want it to end, on my better days I'm fairly positive

• I see life as an experience. There's nothing that must absolutely be done; it's all part of the experience.

• The chips are stacked against you in a world full of practical limitations and shitty people, it's a constant, grinding battle for a bit of peace and fleeting contentment.

• 1|0
  • Life is a struggle and while there is a lot of beauty in life, there's also a lot of unpleasantness, but ultimately that's the nature of the beast.

• As an older gentleman I have a little extra money to spend I can enjoy it and relax doing things that I ordinarily couldn't as a Young Man like traveling and staying at nice motels or hotels.

• Knowledge is power and the more of it you have the less people can take advantage of you.

• I find "I'm a realist, but everything is shitty" type of people funny.

• Life sucks... and then you die.

• Where is the annoying asf option

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• My life is spiraling out of control. I've got sooo many horrid things going on but I try me best to stay positive, after all I've got a toddler who sees me as her rock so I laugh and think positive especially when she's watching me which is all the time. And corny yes but I do believe in that old saying: "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade!"

• Life is literally whatever you choose to make of it.

• I don't wanna be negative but reality is that everything takes like fucking forever, it's totally unfair - no matter how hard you work you can still fail if you don't have luck... I mean lucky those who are lucky or worked hard and achived but my reality is different... I don't mind hard times, but only to the certain point that is like not making you suicidal

• I would have picked the first option, but sometimes life isn't what you make of it when you don't have control over certain situations, or when you try and try, and nothing seems to work.

• I guess life is what you make of it. People have their struggles, in varying degrees. But it's what you do after and through that struggles that matter. You can either become stronger from the experience (s) or let it take you down. I prefer to gain strength.

• I use to be a positive person who saw the good in everyone and everything. I use to believe that people do the right thing. But not anymore. Now my outlook on life is a little more cautious and weary

• Life can be rough, but it has some great moments.

• Life is what you make of it.

• I don't think to much.

• Life is what you make it