Do you think those pictures are too misleading about a girls look?

I'm sure you all know people who look entirely different in real life than on their facebook/instagram. With the right angle and good light, every can look gorgous. But I feel people, girls especially are kinda over doing it these days. How much is too much?
When I look through my brothers tinder, most girls look stunning. Statistically that's not possible, so it's obvious they've put a lot of effort into their pictures. I suppose no one wants to upload a picture in which they look ugly, but it shouldn't be your best one either?

So I was wondering, guys if you met, each of the examples below online, with the first picture in their profile and in reality they look more like the second. Would you think it's too misleading? Too much? Would you not go on a second date based on the descreoency in looks?

1 Mila Kunis

2 Kate Upton

3 Jennifer Lawrence

Most Helpful Guy

• Agreed that celebrities are overrated quite a bit. However, you can't take any random girl off the street and give her a glamour treatment that will make her look anywhere close to the hottest celebrities. You can, however, probably do that for some of the best-looking girls you see on the street every day.

To me they're not so misleading since it becomes obvious to any guy with sufficient sexual experience that having Jessica Alba snoring in your bed and not at her best (say she had a night of explosive diarrhea and is on her period) isn't going to look anywhere near as close to good as her best glamour shots.

On the flip side though, take a celebrity like Shakira in even the most mundane, amateur photo:
    d.ibtimes.co.uk/.../...ng-undisclosed-location.jpg

... she's still quite lovely. And those defined abs of hers when she dances and that overall figure of hers is definitely quite real.

So I think anyone who idolizes celebrities a bit too much just needs a bit more sexual experience to understand the difference between fantasy and reality. At the same time, it still takes quite a good-looking person to look like consistently like an idol in hundreds of glamour photos and videos even with professional photography, make-up, perfect angles, and even possibly Photoshop.

I wasn't really talking about celebrities, but normal girls. I just didn't want to take pictures on random girls

Not so much. I've met some celebrities in person like Jessica Alba and Michelle Rodriguez and while they didn't look anywhere near as glamorous as their best pictures, they're still quite attractive women. That's all I can compare though -- I know you're focusing more on Tinder and so forth, but I never tried online dating to see the discrepancies.

Another thing that has come with my age and some experience with a wild youth is that I've come to favor bodies more than faces. When I was a teenage virgin I idolized blemish-free, synthetic-looking images too much and there was some time for me to align my expectations of women with reality. But once I did that, I started to value bodies more (still like a pretty face but not quite as crazy looking for the most perfect-looking face). It's harder for a photo to lie about a woman's figure -- like it's hard to subtract 30 pounds from a woman with good camera angles and even Photoshop unless it's like Photoshop taken to the point of practically redoing the entire picture. Women in decent shape will tend to look quite amazing when the clothes come off even if their faces look quite plain in comparison to their glamour shots.

Most Helpful Girl

• But what's the harm? I don't see why you're so caught up on how another girl chooses to portray herself. All I get from that is that you're possibly not able to take stunning photos of yourself and you're viewing other girls as competition. So you have a problem with that.

right, because I question what is common on social media, I'm just jealous. Sure. Believe that if you want.

FYI, I did ask because I was thinkto make a tinder profile myself and I too have a lot of pictures in which I look great, but I wasn't sure if I should use them since it doesn't necessarily represent how I look on a daily basis

What Guys Said 11

• celebrities are people just like us. we see pictures and they look all pretty and yet we seem to overlook the fact that... surprise!! they use makeup too.

the photos you posted of celebs could also be those of everyday women who apply makeup.

so are the pics misleading? not really unless we choose to overlook the simple fact that makeup can drastically alter ones appearance

Did you read the whole question?
      I wasn't really talking about celebrities, I just didn't want to take pictures of random girls off facebook. And I think they celebrity pictures make the same point, which is that as you said taken away a good angle, some make up and good light, they look very different

i did but since you posted pics of celebs i thought the focus was more on them.

the pics of anyone can be misleading but i think most discriminating people can tell when a good deal of makeup, or camera tricks or even editing has occurred

• Model Cindy Crawford says it best:

"Even I don't wake up looking like Cindy Crawford."

So? What does that mean to you? That was the question. Would you be disappointed on a date

At my age, no. Any mature man realizes this... this is what maturity is all about - recognizing the reality of what it is to be human.

• Anyone who's dated a 'pretty' girl or woken up next to one knows what to expect already. Only guys new to the whole thing would be shocked lol.

• So what?

Well would you be disappointed on a date?

Not at all. If you go swimming with a girl and you see her coming out of the water. Is that a shock?

• Nope, not misleading to me. Makeup, lighting and professional photo editing do wonders!

So you wouldn't mind or be disappointed in the difference of looks, on a date?

No i wouldn't

• that's why i dont like women with too much make up upon themselves. it shows they're weak about their own self image, insecure and they're lying

It's not about make up really, just the way the pics are taken

I don't really get what you mean?
      So if she looks totally different from the picture you don't mind at all, as long as she is comfortable in herself?

yes, i meant that

• i dont think any of those pictures are misleading

• It's totally misleading, a lot of times you can't even recognize them.

So you wouldn't go on a second date?

That will depend on her personality. Looks alone are not enough

As I said the original question based on the difference in looks alone

• I can see their souls even after Ps.

• Wow! Kate Upton looks like a real mess in the second shot, huh? Thank god she has those incredible tits!

• I would bone any of those bitches.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think they look bad in the second photos without make-up and such. I can't see it being too much of an issue.

I know they don't look bad, that wasn't the question

The point of my comment was, it's not as if their looks have changed that drastically, and I don't see it as misleading.

• I noticed that acne/ scars/ blemishes etc blur out in pictures. So people's face usually looks smooth in photos.

• They all still look good.
    And mila looks better in the 2nd pic even

I know they all still look good, that was not the question though

Ok...
      Those examples aren t good because the makeup and all is still reasonable. It s not like it s 2 diff persons and of course anyone would look better with good makeup.
      So basically those pics aren t misleading is what I am saying. Capich?