Does a child feel closer connection to his/her mother if they have the same eye color?

• Yes
  • No
3mo When a baby is born, the mother stares into the baby's eyes, and the baby imprints onto the mother's eyes. If the baby later stares into the mirror, and find out that he has a different eye color than that of his mother, wouldn't he feel less connection to his mother since they share less things in common?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol
    That was an interesting q

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think so, my bro and my mum get along so much better than me and my mum, they have such a strong connection and always have, despite him having blue eyes and my mum brown, and I have same eye colour as her.
    So no there is no correlation there.

• No, because it is completely irrelevant.
    Eyes can change color overtime. Is a child suddenly going to stop feeling close to their mother because their eyes no longer match her's? Nah.
    I don't know how you came up with this question.

• No, I don't think so. The child will have a closer connection to his/her mother if she's a good mother.
    Eye color has nothing to do with it.

• This is so stupid.. kids are closer to mother regardless of the color

• No it doesn't make a difference. I have light blue, she has light green. Doesn't make me feel less contected to her.

• I don't. My mother has light eyes while I have darker eyes and I'm close with her.

• This is question for white people, we all have brown eyes where I'm from !

• I do not think it is related. Motherhood is instinctual.

What Guys Said 4

• No, there is no logic in that.

• I'm sure those things are not related.

• yes its true

• I had the same eye color of blue as my Mom but I don't think it made a better connection than usual